[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Combat is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Wtf happened? Wind Waker and Twilight Princess had more variety in Link's attacks and he only used a sword. His moveset is so small and shit now

>Sword: 2 slices + final blow = 3 standard hit, Spin attack, normal Jump attack, down thrust when jumping
>Lancer: Thrusting, charged rapid thrust
>Two handed weapons: Two standard hits, one charged flip attack, jump attack

That's literally all they showed and why does an Axe play the same way as a Claymore? There's no directional input attacks like in previous games. Instead they added some slow motion bullshit when evade properly and you can rush attack enemies.
>>
>>341383294
no
>>
>>341383294
This isn't Dark Souls faggot go play that if you unique movesets for weapons.
>>
>>341383294
I agree it looked pretty shit. Maybe you can unlock more attacks.
>>
>>341383294

"I've already seen 100% of this game! I know ALL of Link's capabilities!"
>>
>>341383537

>variety and depth are bad fuck you!
>>
yawn
>>
>>341384191
No one plays Zelda for the combat
>>
>>341383294
>literally 3x as many attacks as any Zelda released before is already shown during the just reveal
>that's just with the bow and the standard melee weapons
>doesn't include all the other items included in all Zelda games

What would have made you happy?
>>
They need to take clues from Mount & Blade for combat, especially mounted. Add momentum to it, horse dash + attack doing shitloads of damage and such.
>>
>>341384191
>Depth

I'll give you variety, but you gotta be shitting me.
>>
Dude you saw maybe an hour of gameplay... I don't think they revealed everything.

Super low quality b8 to be honest senpai.
>>
>>341384485
I do
>>
File: 1463519495930.png (249 KB, 356x304) Image search: [Google]
1463519495930.png
249 KB, 356x304
I love Wind Waker but all I remember is a 1 2 3 combo with vertical/horizontal/stab variants and a counter move that I spam'd all the time. There was nothing advanced about this. The different weapon types and attack properties in Wild are more interesting anyway.
>>
File: ww link 2.jpg (33 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
ww link 2.jpg
33 KB, 328x277
>>341383294
>Wind Waker... had more variety in Link's attacks
>>
>>341384485

They play for the "comfiness".
>>
>>341383294
Wind Waker does not have more variety. I'll give you the directional inputs which this new Zelda seems to lack, but all Wind Waker had was a 3 standard hit except for the up directional which was 4 IIRC. Twilight Princess still has the best combat
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.