[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is true that the beta is broken as fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: HAAWAAAAWAWAA.jpg (372 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
HAAWAAAAWAWAA.jpg
372 KB, 768x768
It is true that the beta is broken as fuck?
>>
No it just sucks
>>
>>341383359
Just like Halo Wars
>>
>>341383468
It was pretty good considering it was a RTS on console
>>
>>341381548
What game is this?
>>
>>341383579
haah waaw
>>
>>341383579
HAAH
WAAW
telephone
>>
>>341383579
Haah waaw: play the muum
>>
>>341383579
Halo wars 2
>>
>>341383468
Take that back you little shit, Halo Wars 1 was the best RTS on consoles.
>>
No, really long load times though and it's fucking dumb that there's no skirmish against the AI in the beta. It would likely put up more of a fight than the Xbox Live playerbase. It's even more dumbed down than the first game yet even still I've been thoroughly crushing children and dudebros who clearly have never played an RTS before. Might buy for the campaign like I did the first but the multiplayer is a joke. I doubt I'll ever lose though which is a nice ego boost.
>>
>>341384180
Tallest midget award
>>
>>341381548
It's pretty fun.

Everyone was saying you can't party up but i clicked on the greyed out invite button and it fucking worked. My friend was pissed but it was fun playing together.
>>
>>341384474
>It's even more dumbed down than the first game
wut

i put lots of time into halo wars, which was my first RTS

entering halo wars 2 was disorienting as fuck for my first game
>>
>>341384474
This. But I can't play a fucking match for more than 5 minutes without the other team leaving.
>>
>>341381548
Yes, it took me 30 minutes to get to the main menu, it kept freezing. Wait for the PC beta.
>>
>>341385357
Have you ever played a real RTS? Or more specifically Dawn of War 2? Because the mode in the beta is basically the capture point shit from that game. Either way, RTS is my favorite genre, I've played them all and Halo Wars was always substandard at absolute best. This feels lesser than the first game so far and it has nothing to really offer beyond the Halo flavor. It's going to flop hard on PC, that's for sure.
>>
>>341385357
this. I remember taking like 4 minutes to figure out you base upgrades is what let's you make vehicles and stuff not tech
>>
I don't get people being surprised at it being broken

What the fuck were people expecting form an ACTUAL beta for once?
>>
Yeah i've been playing it. Sometimes it freezes, the load times are bad. Only one shitty 2v2 game mode. 2 heroes, and it looks like there will be 6 in the final.. this is the same as the first game... also only one map on beta. Last match i played, my units kept glitching out of the map.

In my opinion they could have a good game if they polish it really well, and include more maps and game modes than the first game had.

i'm probably not going to buy, let alone pre order this, without a lot of gameplay videos in the future, showing improvement.
>>
>>341385979
I agree with you, lately betas have not been true betas. This game has quite a bit of time before final release... like i said a second ago, a lot of improvements are needed
>>
>try to play
>crashes 3 times
>works on 4th, but tell me there is an update
>crashes 3 more times
>finally get into a match
>game fucking crashes
thank god they delayed that shit
>>
File: Pathing.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Pathing.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>341381548
the cons
>pathing sucks
>game freezes when trying to start but works well from there on
>Domination was a poor gamemode to pick and there should've been a Deathmatch one too
>Video tutorial instead of an actual match against AI

the pros
>everything else

It's essentially DoW 1 with fixed building placement
>>
>>341385979
Indeed, that's true to its credit, but nonetheless for me I don't think there's anything here I'll be interested in outside the campaign and occassional skirmish against AI because it's just such a simplistic RTS. Probably will wait for a sale. Polish will likely happen so the bugs and bad load times are not that concerning (although this is 343 and Creative Assembly...). The mode in the beta is not particularly fun or interesting though and it's going to need a lot more.
>>
File: 1455067635139.jpg (10 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
1455067635139.jpg
10 KB, 250x222
>>341387167
>comparing this casual crap with any PC RTS, let alone Dawn of War 1
>>
>>341387167
Pathing sucked in HAAH WAAW 1 though it was more the fault of the cramped level space than the actual pathfinding itself.
>>
>>341387528
It is DoW 1 where strategic points are buildings and units have a shorter lifespan than aircraft in supreme commander
>>
>>341384180
That would be Age of Empires 2 on ps2. Or BFME 2. Or Red Alert 3. Halo Wars fucking sucked.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.