[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shouldn't Capcom and Sony be doing a better job of showcasing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1465951148269.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465951148269.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Shouldn't Capcom and Sony be doing a better job of showcasing new SFV characters and content?

I know the game flopped but they could do better than borderline stealth releases.
>>
>implying they need to market it

It's Street Fighter, they know that the people who are going to buy have either already bought it or are waiting for a price drop. They're not going to waste time showcasing stuff that most people won't care about, and the people who do care will do the research themselves.
>>
they should have replaced the lego skylander bullshit with the new Juri, Urien, Ibuki, and Balrog update coming up in 2 weeks. Capcom is so fucking bad at marketing its unreal. and it would have been a good PlayStation exclusive to show off.
>>
>>341372318

The casuals already shit on the game for not having content, now they're bring out content for free and not telling people about it.
>>
>>341371117
There's a tourney like every fucking week, random people on twitch will see the high numbers and check it out, and how is it stealth releases they had made the scheduel before the game even launched but they even changed it now to allow you to play all the DLC characters in advance for the June update.
>>
Sony only does what Capcom wants them to do, I assume they didn't give enough of a shit to show it off at E3.
>>
>>341371117
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC
>>
The roster blows honestly
>>
>>341372318
>They're not going to waste time showcasing stuff that most people won't care about,

If most people didn't care about this stuff then the game wouldn't have under performed.

When are you faggots going to learn that it's the casual audience that bring in the big sales numbers.
>>
WHY IS IBUKI SO THICK?
>>
>>341371117
Because that would make tourneyfags angry since it would bring casuals to the game.
>>
>>341371117
golly thats a lot of clipping.
>>
>>341373752

It really kind of does. Half the launch is SF2 wank alone. There's really no reason to get this game over the latest SF4 in terms of roster
>>
They should have just released the game this holiday season with content and fixes instead.
I fail to see how stuff like dlc characters and story mode will attract people back unless they relaunch the game aswell.
>>
>>341373838

>When are you faggots going to learn that it's the casual audience that bring in the big sales numbers.

When you learn that fighting games aren't designed for mass appeal. If they were, they'd have one-button ultra combos, inputs purely made of direction + button and prerendered cutscenes.

Instead, they're designed for a niche, which most vidya used to be made for.
>>
File: tekken 7.jpg (306 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tekken 7.jpg
306 KB, 1280x720
They've given up after seeing Tekken 7. A shame that a game with Akuma is going to kill Street Fighter.
>>
>>341374126

Yeah. It's all the stuff I wanted, but the thing is they already fucked me. You don't get a do ever. That's not how business works. You get one first impression, so no doing what you should have done already several months after the fact doesn't change things
>>
>>341374382

Blow it out your ass. They're designed to turn a profit you, idiot.

Guess who turns a profit? Hint: IT'S NOT YOU.
>>
>>341374403
It blows my mind how anyone can play this shitty game
>>
File: sfsm3.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sfsm3.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
B A C K S T O R Y
>>
File: 1465694594388.jpg (224 KB, 1580x1600) Image search: [Google]
1465694594388.jpg
224 KB, 1580x1600
>>341371117
>dat almost upskirt
CapCUM more like it
>>
>>341371117

Here's Rog in a couple VERY short clips.
>>
>>341374526
>You don't get a do ever.
Capcom does this all the time, they can just re-release it as Super Street Fighter V.
>>
File: OlSlapAndTickle.png (36 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
OlSlapAndTickle.png
36 KB, 347x346
>>341375238

http://shoryuken.com/2016/06/14/balrog-faces-vega-and-f-a-n-g-in-these-short-clips-from-street-fighter-vs-story-mode/
>>
I'm actually really impressed at how nice they made the cutscenes look.
>>
>>341375271

They've never really done it this brazingly though SF1-4 weren't lacking in modes
>>
>>341375514
>nice

What have you been watching because the effects on these cut scenes are awful. The dripping effects from Nash's nightmares wouldn't fly on the PS2
>>
>>341373838
I don't fucking care how much money Capcom makes, its not like I have their stock.

If casuals aren't gonna play this fighting game I don't know how much lower the bar to entry could really go so who cares.
>>
File: 1454202974893.jpg (71 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1454202974893.jpg
71 KB, 500x706
I wonder what happens if you use the trainer to beat all the survival modes in a single round on all difficulties with all characters to generate upwards of 3 million FM

I could buy pretty much every drop of content that got released without dropping a penny on the game huh (except for the zenny only costumes)? I haven't even heard of people getting banned for using it yet either
>>
>>341374382
The autism is strong in this one
>>
>>341374730
>>341375951

>I don't play fighting games: the post
>>
File: DhalsimNiceOne.png (43 KB, 428x422) Image search: [Google]
DhalsimNiceOne.png
43 KB, 428x422
>>341375882

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/4ggghw/do_you_play_street_fighter_5_on_pc_then_you_my/

No issues here. I doubt they'll ever look because honestly it's a waste of time. They still have the PS4 player base which is arguably much larger than PC's.

I personally find it obnoxious to successfully clear over 2000 rounds of bullshit just for palette swaps.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.