[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
butwhyisthisgamepopular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: donutdrake.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
donutdrake.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Unpopular opinion thread.

Opinion: Uncharted is a steaming pile of shit and I really can't understand why the fuck it has as big a following as it does. Between the copy/paste action sequences, sad attempt at tongue-in-cheek dialogue, wall-punchingly bad story arcs and plot twists, at-times rage-inducing gameplay, and pathetic attempts at adding depth with unnecessarily shitty combat sequences, I can't see why the fuck this series won a single award let alone game of the year for the second one. Like, the second game was probably one of the worst games I've ever played both story and gameplay wise. Someone please explain this call of duty-esque following this game has because it's blowing my mind. This series is nothing more than diarrhea-laden repetition and people are eating it up.

Feel free to share your opinions or attempt to make me understand why this pile of shit is actually a pile of gold.

And, yes I've played all of them. Don't know why, but I did.
>>
>>341370367
The ending to Uncharted 4 was the most contrived and predictable shite ND could have shat out following their image "reinvention" after TLoU

That's all I got. I think most people know this series panders to the lowest common denominator
>>
>unpopular opinion thread
>opens with almost universally held opinion
>>
>>341370752
Not from what I've heard/seen, but if that is indeed the consensus, then I'm glad to fucking hear it.
>>
File: 1457170341860.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457170341860.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>341370367
Same reason why same formula movies are so popular.
Don't ever give any credit to the average retard.
>>
I don't understand Monster Hunter/Diablo/most MMOs. I don't enjoy the grind to get to the actually interesting parts of the game.
>>
File: loldrake.jpg (23 KB, 303x231) Image search: [Google]
loldrake.jpg
23 KB, 303x231
>unpopular opinion
>posts a very popular /v/ opinion
Way to go, champ. Now go back to whatever shithole you crawled out from and ask for more upvotes
>>
>>341371354
I enjoy diablo because of the shinies, but I honestly can't think of a reason other than that, so I don't know what to tell you. Acquiring loot is really addictive to me for whatever reason.
>>
>>341371624
refer to
>>341370906
and promptly eat a dick
>>
File: Viva.jpg (87 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
Viva.jpg
87 KB, 736x414
Viva Pinata is Rares best game ever made. If you disagree you're a faggit.
>>
Fuck mobas and fuck that stupid card game that somehow always has the most viewers on twitch. PCMASTERRACE indeed
>>
>>341372141
never played it. not interested in a candy-acquiring simulator.
>>
File: vp.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
vp.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1200
>>341372406
>candy-acquiring simulator.
It's more like a eugenics simulator m8
>>
>>341372383
I play league and other mobas, but in general I fucking hate the moba community. For some reason, they all have this inflated sense of self-worth that they can't help but display from game to game.
>>
>>341372528
twas a yoke
>>
You haven't even explained yourself.

>copy/paste action sequences
Post proof
>sad attempt at tongue-in-cheek dialogue
Such as? How are these attempts pathetic?
>wall-punchingly bad story arcs and plot twists
How so?
>at-times rage-inducing gameplay
How so?

If you're just going to say something is good or shit, just say it's good or shit. Don't try to give reasons, unless you're going to explain. The reason why the people who like Uncharted like the series is because it reminds them of Indiana Jones. It gives them an experience of adventure.

Of course, I have to mention the fact that I'm not a fan of the series. Otherwise, you'll just attack me.
>>
>>341372141
I wholly disagree. Trouble in Paradise was better
>>
>>341372141
>Dis nigga didn't grow up playing donkey kong country

I truly pity you
>>
>its another "autist makes a thread full of claims then doesnt back them up" episode
>>
TES lore is pseudointellectual tripe
>>
File: th.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>341373129
I did though, DKC is great, but VP is maximum comfy.
>>
>>341373296
>>341372954
it's another samefag episode
>>
Dark Souls is one of the shittiest meme games of the decade. Literally the only thing people say about it is "DUDE HARD, LMAO"
>>
>>341372954
Yeah, I'm not going to sit here and specifically outline every single one of my claims that are a conglomerate of opinions from a series of four video games. Thus, the generality in which this post was written. If it were just one game that I were speaking of, then sure, I'd pile on the examples. But, my goal in this was to give a quick, concise opinion on the matter to people who have presumably played the games, and if those people have evidence to the contrary, then they may step forward, as i mentioned in my first post. So, in short, eat my dick.
>>
The Jak and Daxter games are nothing but glorified tech demos that pale in comparison to their contemporaries. Jak 2 and 3 in particular are soulless abominations with an incoherent and bloated design document where no particular gameplay element exceeds the bounds of mediocre. The original Jak and Daxter is a pathetically shallow collectathon whose only notable feature is the lack of loading screens. Pick a popular mascot platformer from 5th gen and it's better.

I'm fine with the Crash and Uncharted series receiving high praise since they both seem at least coherent in their gameplay style and don't pale so obviously to their competition, but the Jak and Daxter series' acclaim is inexcusable. Those games are just shit and they only got worse with age.
>>
>>341374298
git gud fgt
>>
>>341374697
And yet you ended your post with "Feel free to share your opinions or attempt to make me understand why this pile of shit is actually a pile of gold." Fucking retard.
>>
>>341374931
Yep. As stated yet again in the post you just linked. ur a smart cooki3. Go be 12 somewhere else and/or develop reading comprehension at some point in your life.
>>
TES and Fallout games are terrible, not even their 'deep lore' can make up for their god awful gameplay.
>>
>>341374823
Oh look, the Souls babby came out of his hole with the most original comment of all time. Why don't you go back to your super difficult game, friend? I'm sure you'll have tons of fun playing THE HARDEST GAME OF THE CENTURY, DUDER
>>
>>341375338
What I think of most RPGs in general
>>
>>341375462
b8 received
>>
Disgaea 3 was the best in the series

I can't be the only one
>>
I think Legacy of Kain needs a FF7 level remake.

I think this is unpopular because nobody fucking remembers the series to begin with.
>>
>>341370367
why does it bother you so much that other people like it? I mean you wouldn't have made this thread if it didn't
>>
>>341376273
I will always remember it. The best game series ever.
>>
>>341370367
It's okay, anon. You're just a shit eating contrarian.
>>
>>341375776
I prefer JRPGs because the story is usually laughable and most of the time the gameplay is much better, Tales of Vesperia is a good example of this.
>>
>>341376813
thx <3
>>
>>341376380
I guess because I can't understand the appeal for such a gross misrepresentation of art and entertainment.
>>
>>341377346
>I define what a game is
You should probably just go and fuck yourself
>>
>>341370367
Literally all cover-based shooters are nothing but trash, the entire fucking genre is cancer. Same thing with MMOs
>>
>>341377556
Even Vanquish?
>>
>>341374298
>Literally the only thing people say about it is "DUDE HARD, LMAO"

So the innumerable videos online about a character's backstory, the fanart, all of the lore threads, all of that and you sum it up with "DUDE HARD, LMAO." Are you just that dense?
>>
>>341377546
I'm not denying the fact that it's a game, I'm actually saying it's a bad game, so, yakno...
>>
>>341377546
>butthurt, misguided greentext
>>
>>341372383
Judging anything, fucking ANYTHING by twitch views is beyond retarded. No one should give a single fuck what's popular or not on the fucking eceleb streaming scene
>>
Well there are those who like it because it's console exclusive I think
>>
No other game has ever beaten it in terms of presentation. Not even close. The game is so cinematic in its gameplay that you could remove all button prompts and tell someone they're watching a cutscene and they'd believe you.
>>
File: one man army.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
one man army.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>341378336
>tfw I play with No-HUD mode and do just that
>>
>>341378336
>it's pretty

That's seriously the single fucking thing it has going for it. And, as for the differential between gameplay and cutscene, it's still noticeable. The way the character models act is always different during a cinematic sequence.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.