[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no female Link option in Breath of the Wild Just.....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
>no female Link option in Breath of the Wild

Just.....
>>
Because Link is male?

Why should Link have a gender option any sooner than Mario or Snake? What the fuck is wrong with sites like Tumblr and NeoGAF? It's hard to fathom there's really this many idiots in the world obsessed over castrating Link. I have to think they're more loud than numerous.
>>
>>341358578
Because Link was always meant to be a blank slate. His name literally comes from being a link between the player and the game.
>>
>>341358578
because they cant grasp the concept that link has always been androgynous since the beginning and actually seeing it in a new 3d form made them think "well if he doesnt have a sword, a hat, and is screaming, he must be a girl..."
>>
>>341358954
>Woman can't identify themselves as men

THat's sexist anon.
>>
>>341358954

BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT Wrong!

Originally, the Triforce was going to be computer chips. The game was supposed to take place in the past and future, and Link was named Link because he was the link between the two time periods.
>>
Change of topic
Why do people pretend that Link is a silent protagonist? he's not. He always responds to all kinds of people. They act surprised and shocked sometimes because of the answers of him. You just don't read it or see it because you are supposed to self insert
>>
I am actually surprised they didn't make Link a nigger
>>
Fuck you, Aonuma. I'm legitimately mad about this. I wanted to play a female Link so badly. You had the power to do this, but you didn't and you gave us an excuse that made no fucking sense, all because of "muh son, don't make me change him, wimminz aren't supposed to save wimminz."
>>
>>341358578
Because Link isn't the same character in every game.

There's not any real reason Link being female would change anything.

And its not like most people were lobbying for female link to be THE Link, they were tossing around the idea you can just pick your gender before starting your adventure.

Pokemon did it, no one threw a hissy-fit, and we got 10/10 fucking pokegirls out of it.

The closer likeness to tradional WRPGs this iteration would've made it an even better fit
>>
>>341358954
Not really. You people have been destroyed over and over. He is not a blank slate entirely, he still has aspects of his own identity.
>>
boo hoo someone who is more talented than me who has put their life into the industry decides the gender of the main character of a game I play.

who cares what reason they give for making Link a dude and not a chick. Ultimately its not you fucking decision, you idea guy cuckwad
>>
It's probably for story reasons why they had to keep him male in this game. Aonuma didn't want to give away an important part of the story, so he bullshitted an excuse.
>>
>>341358954
Isn't Samus the same deal?
>>
>>341359683
This is actually correct, the player thing is a meme.
>>
>>341358183
Someone photoshop Link with the "fuck my shit up" hair.
>>
>>341358183
Good. Boys are cute. Women are filth.
>>
>>341358183
Daily reminder that you people got it coming after months of complaining. Stick with it.
>>
>>341360667
I feel your pain.
>>
>>341358183

Just good on Nintendo for not giving in to pandering SJW bullshit
>>
>>341358183
...keep my franchise unfucked
>>
>>341360776
>Pokemon did it, no one threw a hissy-fit, and we got 10/10 fucking pokegirls out of it.

Those were always separate characters, not insipid genderswaps.

>The closer likeness to tradional WRPGs this iteration would've made it an even better fit

That's exactly what these people should be playing instead. No Zelda game has ever had a character creator, and I can't imagine why the lack of one is suddenly considered a travesty. If people want to roleplay, there are plenty of games out there that are better suited for it.
>>
>>341361590
Was she? I was always under the assumption that she was supposed to be a fleshed out character past the first game.
>>
>>341365029
This desu senpaitachi. Play a game where those features are present, there's no reason to change established characters and traits of a series for what is blatantly pandering. I don't see anyone clambering for a Maria and Luiga Sisters game.

The logic some people throw out, like this anon >>341360776, that the change wont make a difference, can be used to argue against the change as well. Why should they make Link female if it offers no change to the game they wont to make, other than to pander to the fans who "want to play as a qt griil"?

Ganon is the bad guy with Power, Zelda is the Heroine with Widsom, and Link is the Hero with Courage.

I would happily play a game were the roles are swapped and you play as Zelda rescuing Link, but they should still work it so Zelda retains Wisdom and Link Courage, because those are the basic reoccurring themes of the series, and they should not be altered "because we can lol so why not".

It's on creators to make new and interesting IP's with more main playable Heroines, but they shouldn't have to alter their own works to tick some vocal minorities boxes.

Sad thing is, all this being said, I wouldn't be anywhere near as upset if they made a game where Link was female. Unlike the bitch vocal minority, I can get on with it after the initial dislike without it ruining the entire experience.
>>
>>341359330
He's obviously a man, look at that beast of a sword he wields one-handed.
>>
>>341359952
Show me a clip of game-link saying a word.
>>
>>341359330
Hes a fucking elf
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.