[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats your thoughts on the new outlast /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
whats your thoughts on the new outlast /v/?
>>
I like this direction. Even has first person melee combat, basic system but its likely you just fight zombies or those hillbillies.

Now why they are attaching this to Resident Evil is weird. If it was a spinoff, okay. Its fucking RE7 though, how does this make any sense?
>>
>>341356218
Not what I expected, but it's just a demo. I'll eagerly wait for more info.
>>
>>341356218
I just want an option for a third-person camera.
>>
>>341356218
After watching the E3 i thought it would be a PT Clone. In the end it is a combination of Outlast and PT. IT doesn't look bad but it doesn't look that great either. The bad guy doesn't haave a Zombie feel to it and now the game has ghosts. I don't know if this can be consider Resident Evil anymore
>>
Felt more like Condemned than Outlast. You actually get melee weapons in this
>>
I thought the mannaquin moving was pretty cool. should be a spin off since it seems too ghost like or just an entirely different ip.
>>
there's gonna be a twist or a swerve somewhere, it wouldn't be resident evil without one
>>
Im fine with a less over the top, more contained story after RE6. Im just curious which characters are returning
>>
>>341356218
Don't really care for it. As a horror it's okay, but I wish they'd call it something else, make it a spinoff and get back to making another REmake styled game
>>
File: JUST.jpg (37 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
37 KB, 600x582
i hope they somehow get mercenaries or battlegame working in this first person shit
its been a staple of the series since 2 or 1 if you want to count the saturn port and its where i get most of my entertainment from the series after the first playthrough
>>
File: 1430414692901.gif (2 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1430414692901.gif
2 MB, 250x198
>>341356218
>>
I'm getting so spooked it's difficult to play.

Plus guns are confirmed.
>>
>>341356218

Got it downloaded. gonna wait until dark to play it though. Looks actually spooky.
>>
The fuck does PT stand for?
>>
Who's "she"? Lisa Trevor? Alexia Ashford? Clone Ada?
>>
>>341356494
>Its fucking RE7 though, how does this make any sense?
Makes more sense than anything in 6 did. But I'm guessing you started the series at 4 or 5.
>>
>>341356218
>Silent Hill does it: Woo, this'll be great!
>Resident Evil does it: BOOO WHERE'S MY ROUNDHOUSE KICKS?
>>
>>341359771
No, that is why a spinoff makes sense. Its back to survival horror, actual horror by limiting camera viewing and shit

How the fuck will this connect to the story in any way? We saw Umbrella Corps on the helicopter, so the hillbillies are wary of Umbrella watching them
>>
>>341356218
will play when free on ps+
>>
>>341359771
yes anon everyone who disagrees with you only played 4-6
faggot
>>
>>341360142
After all that fuck that was RE6 story the best thing is just to start a completely new one.
>>
>>341359770
Probably none.
>>
>>341360543
True. Though I feel the story fuck up started with 4's parasite bullshit.
>>
>>341359771
6 kept true to the stuff it was already built towards, but this has ghosts, hillbillies, and zombies all at once
>>
>>341359571
Playable Teaser
>>
funny. when the first two REs came out we all wonderend about a first person version of it, with the same horror style of course. now it's probably getting real. more than 15 years...
>>
>>341359770
The only one of those who isn't DEFINITELY dead is Lisa Trevor, and she's at the bottom of a fucking pit under an exploded mansion.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.