[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Xbox Scorpio ---- 6 Teraflops >PS4 Neo ---- 4.1 Teraflops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: Xbox-vs-PlayStation-810x400[1].png (119 KB, 810x400) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-vs-PlayStation-810x400[1].png
119 KB, 810x400
>Xbox Scorpio ---- 6 Teraflops

>PS4 Neo ---- 4.1 Teraflops

What do we think about this?

Apparently Sony was forced to withdraw their announcement of the Neo at E3 because Microsoft completely outclassed them.
>>
>>341318337
Microsoft put their cards on the table, so now Nintendo and Sony have plenty of time to improve their own offerings.
>>
>xbox scorpio - a new console with no games
>ps4 neo - a console with gables
>>
>>341318734
You know it takes ages to upgrade a standarized peice of hardware like a console right?
Sony probably already put the motions to manufacturer the Neo already. There is no going back for them.
>>
>>341318734
Nah, Sony and Nintendo have both essentially completed development of the NX and Neo,the parts are bought, ordered and probably already being assembled.

Sony and Nintendo are both operating at a loss, they can't just make major changes to their already in motion project
>>
>>341318337
Scorpio only exists on paper. Sony does not care one bit when they release their PS4K end of the year.
>>
>>341318940
How many gables? Do they have Clark?
>>
wow sony is FUCKED
>>
>>341318337
>be cucksole gaymer
>buy obsolete pc xbone/ps4 400/500$
>2 years later, obsolete pc turns into obsolete cucksole as new slightly better ones come out
You got got, cucks.
>>
>>341320321
>Slightly better

m8 I'm a PC gamer too but if MS is telling the truth the Scorpio will be on par with a gtx 1070
>>
>>341320016
How? Xbone has no exclusives anymore, every game will be available on pc, in superior version. The xbone is now a poor man's gaming computer
>>
>>341318734
Neo has been in production for a while, NX is already manufactured

They can't just flip a switch and make it better. Sony will invoke the 599 again if they try to compete on a hardware level with MS while MS is actually trying.

Sony still had the advantage though, as in the end, Neo is just a beefy PS4 and Scorpio a beefy Xbone. They're not new gen consoles. In fact, Sony going back to the drawing board would be worse.
>>
File: 1456772564829.jpg (52 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1456772564829.jpg
52 KB, 800x800
>>341320696
>MS introduces crossplay between consoles and PC
>make it so you only have to buy a game once to play on xbox and PC
>/v/ complains
>>
>>341320531
>if MS is telling the truth
New to gaming, kid? Remember when this gen was said to be 1080p/60fps everywhere all the time? How did that turn out?
>>
>>341318734
>Sony
I think you're being a bit optimistic if you think sony will have time to improve the specs of th-
>Nintendo
Oh right you're completely delusional.
>>
>>341320696
Most steam users are toasters, Scorpio will outclass the average PC when it releases. Only hardcore gamers will have 1080s and 1070s, the rest will still have their lower end cards
>>
>>341321063
Not complaining, simply pointing out the xbone is now redundant for any one with a decent pc.
>>
>>341321372
You seem to think the average steam player automatically has a 980ti gaming computer
>>
>>341321251
I don't see how that's disproving that the xbone will be the poor man's pc. Those who can afford it will upgrade their pc, those who can't will keep their toasters or buy an xbone to play games on medium/high 1080p/30fps.
>>
I don't you guys understand.
Frames per dollar positively correlates with units per competition. The bigger the player-base, the better the sales. This also means better feedback systems with select developers.

Project Scorpio means that 343 Industries has to either step their game up or step out of Halo's shoes. What a joyful ultimatum.
>>
>>341321612
That seems to be a common thought among console gamers.
They truly have no idea how PCs work it seems.
>>
>>341319225
I don't think they'll release it end of the year anymore. if they were releasing it this year it would have been shown E3. I think they're backing down for now so they can make it more powerful than the scorpio. them showing nothing other than confirming it's existence allows them to now set the bar since they know what microsoft is dishing out
>>
>Was going to make the jump and buy a VR capable VR desktop
>Scorpio announced
>Now when I buy a game I get a copy on my Scorpio, my brothers Scorpio, and on my PC

I literally get 3 copies of a game for the price of one. I'm getting Scorpio. It'll save me a fuck load of money down the road.
>>
stop it you fucking retard, they announced weeks ahead of time they weren't going to have anything about neo on e3
>>
>>341324548
>Needing 3 copies of the same game
Reminds me of that one South Park sketch. How goofy.
>>
>>341318337
Hilarious revenge for the shit they pulled for the PS4 launch
>>
>>341324876

>Play multiplayer online games without hackers on console
>Play singleplayer 4k 60fps on my PC
>Bro can still play all of thi on his Scorpio

Whatever my man. I'm full on Microsoft fan boy now.
>>
PS4 owners think buying a PC is easy.
For teenagers (the biggest market share), it's really hard. First, you have to open a bank account, or steal your mom's credit card, then you got a job to pay for all of the components, then you lose some of the money you make because your family's retarded, then you have to order parts in month long cycles because your paychecks come in every two weeks and your bank has a 300 dollar limit, and all in all, it doesn't just take a weekend to buy and build pc, it, it takes several months, all just for a mid-end gaming rig. Meanwhile, all you have to do to get a console is go to the store and drop $400 bucks.
>>
File: 00.jpg (546 KB, 1413x1661) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
546 KB, 1413x1661
where the fuck did M$ get a GPU/APU that was 6 teraflops? Vega and Pascal will be/are too expensive for a console, and it would still have to be compatible with the Xbones games right? so wtf

something does not add up here
>>
Sony playing again monkey see, monkey do. They pulled the "always online, no used games" back, and let Microsoft take the flame. Now they will do the same, if masses are well receiving not one, not two, THREE different xbox one units (S is like neo3DS) then they can think about PS4neo.

>>341325315

Absolutely not, they have no retrocompatibility rule, if someone wants to shitcan og xbox one and make games only for scorpio, they can.
>>
>>341318940
>ps4
>gaems

Pick one
>>
>>341325268
I demand the time it took to read that be refunded immediately.
>>
>>341325315
Probably have some kind of deal with AMD

It's not coming out until next year
>>
>>341318337
xbox should tease play station and tell them they'll give them the secrets to 6 teraflop technology if they open up their networks and allow for cross platform play
>>
>>341325526
Oh, and all of the parts come in weeks later at random cuz no nigga gon pay shipping. I've got parts coming in while I'm gone on a fishing trip.
>>
It's fucking hilarious. PS fanboys who droned on and on about 0.6 teraflops difference between X1 and PS4 and how real fucking neato it is to have all gaems running in 1080p and 60 fps (how did that work out peasants?) are already in full damage control mode and now it's all about how many exclusives PS has. Yeah, like exclusives saved Wii U, right cucks?
>>
>>341325984
>Xbros wanting to play with ps shitters
>>
>>341326231
Sorry about being in last place, Nintenyearold. Go and worship Iwata's corpse some more ;)
>>
>>341325506
>if someone wants to shitcan og xbox one and make games only for scorpio, they can.
Bullshit
>>
>>341326556

It's already official.
>>
>>341320531
Right, just like how the One and PS4 were going to be as powerful as high end computers yet struggle with 30fps at 900p. Surely this time they mean it.

Why would anyone go to E3 and just tell lies?
>>
>>341324413
But they have already send out devkits a while ago. It's too late for any significant changes to the CPU and GPU. I know Sony doubled the amount of ram for the released PS4 compared to the early PS4 devkit but that is different than putting in a more powerful CPU/GPU.

Sony mentioned before E3 it would not be showing the PS4K because they're waiting on games to show off and this might actually be the truth.
>>
>>341326607
Source?
They literally said "no one gets left behind" at E3.
>>
>>341326519
>o.341326519â–¶
>>>341326231
>Sorry about being in last place, Nintenyearold. Go and worship Iwata's

PCMR here, peasant.
>>
>>341318734
MS has way more money to throw at Hardware than Sony and Nintendo combined
>>
>>341318337
>literally talking about Teraflops

How do mods not delete these threads for not being about video games?
>>
>>341321372
>Xbox one
>$299

>PC with Windows 10
>$700+ to handle the games because they are unoptimized garbage
>Having to install windows 10

What do you think the masses are going to pick?
>>
>>341325123
...or you could just get a copy on PC and not waste money on a pointless console. Or two copies of a pointless console, in this case.
>hackers
kek.
>>
Sony is on full damage control. Microsoft hit them with the one two punch and a headshot.

Sony is always trying to slow down technological progress.
>unified memory gddr5
>>
>>341326673
so they're really fine with releasing a weaker console? the only benefit is that by the time scorpio launches the neo will probably drop in price to be cheaper
>>
>>341318734

PS4 Neo's roadmap was already leaked. Introduction at TGS. Soft launch in late 2016 in NA, EU territories and Japan and ramp unit production for early 2017 for the rest of the world. Games released on PS4 from October 2016 onwards must have a "Neo" settings for certification requirements.

Nintendo and Sony's production is locked down and you have to be at this point for their launch timeframe and they can't change. Even the "insiders" at neogaf who broke info on Neo said the only thing Sony could change at this point was switching the CPU from AMD Jaguar to Puma and devkits were already out for a long time and they wouldn't even be able to switch the GDDR5 RAM for GDDR5X.

In announcing it publically first, it sounds like MS played their hand first. But production wise. Nintendo and Sony played their hands a long time back while Microsoft is only playing them now (Bethesda even said they weren't told about Scorpio till 2 weeks before E3. Just around the time the leaks started coming out) so MS have a lot bigger timeframe to assemble it

>>341325315
>>341325528

AMD announced they have the Scorpio contract after E3. Likely AMD Zen/Vega/HBM2 from the time frame and the specs given. They probably will go full PC spec instead of shrinking to laptop components this time while trying to hit the price/power ratio. 6TF seems a reasonable goal for $399. I wouldn't be shocked if they got maybe 6.5/7TF by that point either.
>>
>>341318337
Xbox has 6 Teraflops and still flops
>>
>>341318337
>Xbox Scorpio ---- 6 Teraflops and no games
Now Xbox has the same features as PC does, High Power and shit games
>>
>>341320531
There is literally no reason to spend $400 on a new consoles since you could spend $400 in 2 months on 2 amd 480s and have 10tflops of graphical power.

10 TFLOPS FOR THE PRICE OF 6Tflops WITH THE XBONE2
>>
>>341318337
>Apparently Sony was forced to withdraw their announcement of the Neo at E3 because Microsoft completely outclassed them.

Wrong.

It was always planned to be revealed at TGS and released soon after in October 2016 or Early 2017. The unit was already in production and they were planning an Apple style "In stores soon" launch with the announcement.
>>
>>341329454
>crossfire

Enjoy your microstuttering and incompatibility. Idiot fuck.
>>
>>341329454
think you might be forgetting to add the CPU, ram, case, CPU fan, hard drive, PSU, monitor, peripherals, OS, motherboard, etc onto that price m80
>>
>>341318337
now you can play minecraft and dragon shooter smoothly
>>
>>341329804
Ok cuckchild.
Get 1 for $200 and play it for an entire year and a half before the KEKBOX2 comes out, then buy another card for half price and shove it in your retard pussy
>>
Xbox sales are basically going to drop to nothing for the next year. Can they take that hit?
>>
>>341330087
My 6 core desktop was only $400, including gpu, case, keyboard mouse, 8gig ram, 500 gig hd, mobo, psu.

I haven't paid for more than 3 games in 3 years and yet I have beaten hundreds of them, saving me another several thousand.

add another $200 for a new 480gpu and you're future proof for another 5 years until the next cuckbox dies from old age.
>>
>>341318337
Sony already said they not going to show any new hardware for E3 for weeks now long before Scopio was confirmed by microsoft came so technically you're a lying cunt. Also Sony hasn't confirmed any specs yet, all they said is the Project is called Neo.
also Scorpio specs are also not final since AMD will only deliver placeholder APUs for next year next year since they are busy with Polaris. Check their release roadmap, they are not working on new custom console chip right now and Scorpio releases in HOLIDAY 2017 which a very long time YOU LYING CUNT!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/10/ps4-neo-confirmed-wont-be-at-e3
>>
>blast processing
>cell processor
>GDDR5 RAM
>6 teraflops

You all know literally nothing about hardware and architecture. Why the fuck do you keep buying into marketing and parroting this shit
>>
File: cv0098.jpg (552 KB, 1024x1275) Image search: [Google]
cv0098.jpg
552 KB, 1024x1275
>>341318337
I think it is time for a shoop
>>
>>341318337
games matter mates.

With PC and PS as gaming set up you have the best of the 2 consoles and PC games.
>>
>>341331540
playstation is awful
>>
>>341318337
>PS4 Neo 4.1 teraflops

You realize it was a huge bait and switch by Sony, right? Why else do you think they didn't reveal their new box even through theirs was the one to leak first.

Next year expect Sony to announce the PS4 Neo to be released a week before the Scorpio, with 6.1 Teraflops and $50 cheaper.
>>
>>341332003
>this delusion

fanboyism is so sad
>>
>>341330986
Scorpio will probably be rocking some beefed up version of 480.

Neo will have a babby version of 480 which is probably whatever would happen to be the new 470.
>>
>>341332003

Neo is being announced at TGS and being released a short time after. Developers already have dev kits and all games must include a "Neo" settings profile for all games released after October 2016.

Sony's not talking because they planned their roadmap with an apple style announce where the product will soon be in stores
>>
>>341332268

Scorpio being a 480X or even a 580 makes sense if it's Vega. Neo is sounding like a 470X with some 480 architecture at this point.
>>
Xbone is a giga flop :^)
>>
File: laughing celestial homer.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
laughing celestial homer.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>>341319340
>>
>>341330552
It's Microshill. The same Microshill that bought LinkedIn for $24.2 billion a couple of days ago.

The day they run out of money is the day /v/ runs out of shit to post on here.
>>
>>341318337
It doesn't matter what the scorpio is because every fucking game is on PC as well.
>>
>>341319095
source your ass ?
>>
>all these retards not realizing all this shilling and buzzwords being used are only to bring hype

how long have you been playing video games, is this your first e3? do you know anything about hardware?

all these companies have lied before about how powerful their hardware is.....lmao the fucking told us we would be playing games at 1080p back in the ps3 xbox 360 announcements.
>>
>>341335881

Real world economics and we know both their launch dates. PS4 Neo already had its roadmap leaked repeatedly. TGS announce then October 2016 soft launch before ramping production for early 2017. Dev kits were already at developers for Neo and it leaked via dev kit manuals being passed on to Giant Bomb as well
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.