[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly made you quit league? I refuse to believe it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 850x478
What exactly made you quit league?

I refuse to believe it was because of the community. If you can put up with /v/ every day then you can handle some obnoxious 12 year olds.

Also, Ahri is fucking cute, like holy shit.
>>
No solo queue. Ranked means nothing anymore.
>>
>>341307391
If you want validation and waifus >>>/vg/
>>
>>341307391
I just realized I don't want to expend effort getting better at a team game. A certain percentage of games are almost entirely unwinnable and some are nearly unloseable. That's just a waste of time.

I'll just stick to 1v1 games mostly. Street Fighter is fun because if I get better then it affects every single match.

I never go against someone doing double damage because the person before me got perfected.
>>
League was never a fun game.
But, the fun comes from beating the shit out of people that deserve it. Like Fizz players.
>>
They changed team builder to rank 25 requirement. Blind pick was awful, moved on to HoTS then quit that too
>>
I don't know, pre-season 6 killed it for me. Season 5 towards the end was disappointing me more and more.

Maybe I would've sticked to it a bit longer, but all my friends stopped playing one after another so I stopped, too.
>>
>playing MOBAs, LoL of all things

kys
>>
>>341307391
Honestly, riot finally saying what everyone knew and saying "fuck soloQ", insane snowball mechanics, insane bias towards pro scene rather than everything else, Tencent, Ao Shin was a fucking flop, also every season everyone becomes more of a cunt, not to mention than saying "GG" at the end of the match it's considered being "toxic"
>>
>>341307391
Real life obligations. I spent a year as a NEET playing LoL for 6-8 hours a day. I barely got to platinum in soloQ then just straight up quit. My irl environment changed.
>>
>>341307391
I already played a better game

Then I quit said better game because the company wanted to casualize the shit out of the game and make it all about muh esports experience
>>
>>341307763
Not going to lie but this post made me question why I even play this game.

I can go 15-3 in a match and still lose because my team sucks ass at securing objectives and warding.
>>
Can't quit something I never started faggot
>>
The game became shit and all my friends stopped playing it anyways. We had a good run with it for at least 3 years anyways.
>>
File: 12400644_10207594360368651.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
12400644_10207594360368651.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>friends abuse DQ to climb as 5 man premade
>never invite me
>i make new friends
>duo with one and get higher rank than them
>OMG U BOOSTED KEK U DUO AND HE CARRY LOLZ

I deleted them and after a week I uninstalled the game, this game and his players are cancerous.
>>
>>341308479
Ostensibly the appeal of a team game should be working together or whatever. That almost never happens and generally I'm just praying they're not fucking morons. So it occured to me why play team games if my teammates are only ever a negative thing. So I stopped.
>>
>>341307391
because it's the worst fucking game in the worst genre of games
>>
File: sona1.jpg (279 KB, 1122x1650) Image search: [Google]
sona1.jpg
279 KB, 1122x1650
>>341307391
I got banned because I said too many mean words to strangers over the internet. Good riddance, since I was only playing it due to my friends.

Sona is best girl, trapped in a shit game.
>>
>>341307391
They reworked Viktor
>>
Played normals for years, went into ranked and got to Gold V in 200 games with a 57% win rate and was happy. Season resert and I realized nothing I strived for mattered, the stick would continue to get further away and they will put you right back to where you started. I never had fun in ranked anyways since my enjoyment was based on whether I won or lost. Season came out and I went on a massive lose streak to open up and realized I wasn't having fun and didn't see the point to continue.

Dynamic queue was the nail in the coffin though. Sometimes my friends ask me to play every few weeks or so and I will play something silly and stupid for a game but thats about it. Glad its dying though.
>>
>>341307391
Community.
E-sports circlejerk.
>>
>>341307391
Games were too long. Spending too much money on skins. Didn't want to put the time in to do solo queue. Community wasn't fun to play with. Friends were either way higher rank than me - so I'd match with people way better than me all the time - or really bad, so I'd never win a game playing with them. My favourite characters got nerfed to oblivion and tossed aside and I didn't want to play the "meta" champs.

Uninstalled a year ago and never looked back. Still glad I did.
>>
>>341307391

that is such pretty cat :3
>>
>too many trolls
>too many leavers
>tribunal/ban system is a joke

Playing a 30+ minute game with a troll on your team because he didn't get to play X hero or X class and your teammates refusing to surrender is the worst fucking thing. And leaving the game early causes you to get a 10-30 minute game suspension. Just retards perpetuating more retardation
>>
>>341307391
I quit League about 3 years ago when I realized that somehow the game had only gotten less interesting since beta, that as they added more characters, less and less were played and less and less played differently.
>>
File: 1438808758911.png (340 KB, 726x900) Image search: [Google]
1438808758911.png
340 KB, 726x900
Because it's awful and boring and no fun allowed. Riot has always been kind of shitty but as time went on they've only been getting worse and worse. I hate how their game is so rigid and if you every try to play a character in the wrong way they nerf the shit out of it until you have to. And I hate how laning doesn't matter for anyone but the jungler. I don't even know what they're doing with all the lore and shit now, they cancled their newspaper/background writing team because they can't possibly afford it (somehow) and if it wasn't bad enough that each new character is just some generic guy, they went back and ruined all the old character's backstories too.

Now if I want to play an easy game I play HotS because you can just play whatever character you like with whatever garbage skill build you think is fun and still win.
>>
>>341307391
I never started playing league, I just masturbate to Lux and Annie.

I don't play it because Riot Games are such a massive bunch of "ban what I don't like" faggots that seem to be on a crusade to stop bantz, BM, racism, and trolling in games.
Fuck off. I love all of that stuff, so I don't play League of legends.
>>
Only reason I continue play is because I am a riven main.

Every other champ is boring to me.

I also just mute everyone.

Works for me so far.
>>
>Half of the content of the game is centered or related to e sports

We can't change this because COMPETITIVE. We can't add this because it would be broken in the hands of like 6 players.

I never cared yet they kept throwing this shit in my face. They care more about the shitty 1% and .01% than the millions of players playing.

E sports are fucking boring, I love real sports but man e-sports is mind numbing.
>>
>>341307391
I quit 50 different times since S1 from burnout rather than any specific reason, what actually kept me gone was switching to Dota. The game was a complete fucking mess and going downhill fast when I left, this was around when Skarner got his Dominion minigame
>>
It was going down hill for a while before i quit, but it was mostly because i got a job. League takes up way too much fucking time and i don't have the luxury of free time as much as i used to before. I'd rather come home, get comfy, and play some other less stressful game
>>
>>341307391
It's boring.
>>
>>341307391
The developers. The straw that broke me was nerfing Kha'zix's alternate playstyle of poke then Assassinate.

They have it in their mind that only one playstyle is allowed per hero at one time. Everything is set and standard. No experimentation allowed.

>>341310949 This too.
>>
>>341307391
Overwatch
For a long time I would kind of automatically open up the game and play whenever I just wanted time to move faster. Maybe 10% of the games I played due to this were fun. It was honestly like what I imagine being in an abusive relationship was like.

Then I bought Overwatch on a whim and realized that it didn't need to be this way, that I could have fun in online games that don't take 40 minutes on average anymore.

I still have league installed to play with friends every now and then though
>>
>>341307391
Not really because here i can close the thread and go to so other shit if spergs shit in the thread while in Lol i have to either continue to play with that shit or go afk, get a report and have to wait 20 min before every game for 5 games in low prio
>>
Too hard so I went back to competitive Smash
>>
File: reacteye.jpg (9 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
reacteye.jpg
9 KB, 185x273
>>341307391
Literally every time I Que'd I had to carry 1-2 bots in a massive uphill battle as they fed-suicided.

The rest of the time I'd get sorted with teams of people who didn't want to work with me no matter what role I was willing to choose.

The grind to 30 was immeasurable and I couldn't stand it anymore.
>>
>>341310501
Help me friend. I cant escape.
>>
I still play and I'm still enjoying it.
>>
>>341307391
Endless reworks of perfectly balanced champs.
>>
I hate stupid team games where every low mmr idiot thinks they know "meta game"

"competitive" gaming needs to die
>>
>>341307391
The mid year mage update killed all of my mains, and I haven't liked a champ they've come out with since lucian.

Also, Ahri a shit.
>>
I just got bored of it after playing it all day everyday for 5 years. I spent most of those years below 1200 elo, and never made it out of silver.
>>
>>341312074
You know what you do? Hit the uninstall button. Forget about the money you've spent, it's gone now. You've thrown it into a hole and burned it. But it's okay, because you're starting fresh now, unburdened by the huge shitty money pit that this game is. Man the fuck up, uninstall, and start living.
>>
>>341307391
Rito's recent ridiculous decisions and the last straw was removing solo queue
>>
>>341312353
Who did they kill?
Feels like everyone came out of it positively desu, unless you're a die-hard stun-tibbers guy.
>>
>>341312417
>. I spent most of those years below 1200 elo, and never made it out of silver.

tfw this was me
I started in season 2 and never got above silver 1

>>341312421
I don't really understand the issue with this. Dynamic queue seemed fun since it gave you the option of playing with more friends, and friends are the only thing that makes the game fun
>>
>>341307391
I didn't like the changes that Riot kept making to the game. Every 2 weeks, they would patch and reinvent 20 champs and they started adding random shit to champions for no reason. The games weren't fun anymore and it didnt feel like the same game as it was in the golden days of season 2/3.
Also it was eating up all my time, so I decided it was in my best interest to stop playing.
>>
>>341312680
>/v/
>friends

No, it forced us to play against 4/5-man premades on voip who we don't stand a chance against. Your winrate is literally 60% if you climb as a group.
>>
>>341307391
I hit a plateau in ranked; was promoted and demoted between P3 and P4 six times.
>>
>>341312680
I also spent almost an entire year only playing bots because normals/ranked made me too angry at everyone else being better players than me.
>>
>>341310148
He's better now
>>
Nerfing of Pantheon years ago.
>>
>>341307391
It needed more game modes and maps.

Dominion was the only fun one because of how short it was and play styles that were diverse.

But even still shitters would get mad because of meta and disconnect.
>>
>>341310647
This is why rocket lesgue is great. There is still skill involved but unless one of your own team members repeadetly hits the ball into your own goal than you cant blaim anyone un paticular for a loss.
>>
>>341307391
Riot doesn't know what they're doing. Game isn't fun anymore.
>>
>>341312541
Anivia, Malz
>>
>>341310647
>your team gets shit on since the very first minutes of the game
>get your shit pushed in all the way to the nexus by the 15 minute mark
>team refuses to surrender
>can't leave because it's a 30 minute ban
>enemy team refuses to end it, dances in our base and then fucks off into the jungle
>team gets better items but still lose badly in fights
>enemy team has their full build and game finally ends after 45 minutes
>happens again the very next game

just kill me senpai
>>
>>341316597
This.

Thanks to Riot I'm no longer allowed to play Malz or Zed anymore because they're perma banned

They have no idea what the fuck they're doing at this point. Their balance team breaks everything they touch
>>
>>341307391

Stop at season 2, after realizing that Riot cant into balance for shit.
>>
>>341307391
Stagnation. Death of Journal of Justice. Powercreep. Nerfs and buffs based around unranked player feedback. More and more new, poorly designed champions that introduced mechanics that would never become expanded upon or reused. Every "new" champion costing 6000+ ip, even after years of being released. Metagame that is extremely rigid, balanced around everyone having a Flash spell. I could go on, the game is really a disaster.
>>
I am still playing sometimes and yesterday I just noticed something:
>3 guys from the same club
>probably an entire group and I was the random
>they were shit talking when I asked something pre-game
>I did joke around just to not be rude and make them butthurt
>in-game they were literally feeding while I did finish the match 7/2/10 and saved them a lot as Orianna
Why the fuck did they allow groups in ranked? Having 2 autists was bad enough, getting an entire group is a chore.
>>
File: gundam-quality-3.jpg (37 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
gundam-quality-3.jpg
37 KB, 639x478
It made my friends cancerous as fuck and I didn't want to be a part of that ordeal any more.
To be honest Overwatch is doing the exact same thing right now and I hate it.
Like our group's discord chat went from a place for us to talk and play games to a place where only people playing in the same game can ever talk to each other

I hate it
>>
>>341307391
/v/ is less obnoxious compared to this reddit-tier game.
>LE TEEMO MAY MAY!
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.