[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THERE WILL NEVER BE A FEMALE LINK >However, instead of e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: link.jpg (36 KB, 334x700) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
36 KB, 334x700
THERE WILL NEVER BE A FEMALE LINK

>However, instead of entertaining the idea of the player being able to choose the hero Link's gender, Aonuma said his team considered what they deemed to be the simplest option; making princess Zelda the lead character. "We thought about it," said Aonuma, "and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character.
>However, instead of entertaining the idea of the player being able to choose the hero Link's gender, Aonuma said his team considered what they deemed to be the simplest option; making princess Zelda the lead character. "We thought about it," said Aonuma, "and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character."
>This idea was ultimately rejected, because according to Aonuma "...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do?
>Aonuma's response implies that Zelda can't be the star of a game if it comes at the cost of Link's identity or involvement

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wont-have-a-female-he/1100-6440862/

wew lad
>>
Sjw's and tumblr on suicide watch
>>
File: 1419832720341.jpg (79 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1419832720341.jpg
79 KB, 500x351
>>341300550
Won't stop me from fapping to 63
>>
If i like r63, does it make me gay?
>>
>>341300550

>No Linkle

Fucking dropped
>>
File: r.gif (406 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
r.gif
406 KB, 600x600
>>341303457
Does it have tits? Does it have a functioning vagina? If yes to both then you're straight. They're basically tomboys at that point
>>
File: bgvfcdxs.png (473 KB, 726x648) Image search: [Google]
bgvfcdxs.png
473 KB, 726x648
>>341300550
What is wrong with these people?
>>
>>341303934
"You won't debate me because you know you're wrong!"

"No. Even if I'm right, that doesn't mean you are capable of ever realizing it."

This is his pinned tweet. What a winner.
>>
The Zelda series already has a huge female fanbase, probably more than any other Nintendo series. Why does Link's gender matter? Maybe some of the female players like that he's a guy.
>>
>>341300550
this isn't everydayfeminism
no one gives a fuck
go away
>>
Wrong we have a female Link now, he just identifies as a women.
>>
SJWs BTFO
>>
>linking directly to gamespot
>>
File: Super_Princess_Peach.jpg (90 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
Super_Princess_Peach.jpg
90 KB, 500x447
>>341300550
>Aonuma said his team considered what they deemed to be the simplest option; making princess Zelda the lead character
I'd actually like a spin off game where we get to play as zelda, nintendo's done it before with mario
>>
>>341304432
This isn't every day feminism.

This is...ADVANCED FEMINISM.
>>
It's funny that all of the people I've seen complain about Link being male are male journalists. All of my female friends who are Zelda fans don't give a shit that Link is a guy.
>>
File: 1434294170628.png (142 KB, 686x441) Image search: [Google]
1434294170628.png
142 KB, 686x441
I can't wait until Jim Sterling puts up a shitty video about this, so I have something to be unreasonably mad about
>>
>>341305353
Women rule the world, all the men bend over to what women want and take it hard just how they like it, before you know it goal posts are changed and its all because women were allowed an opinion.
>>
>>341300550
japan isn't poisoned by SJWs and feminists yet
they still know how to use logic
link is the hero of the series
the series is about link rescuing princess zelda
why make a female link and then have her rescue a female zelda?
>>
File: 1443976275217.jpg (57 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1443976275217.jpg
57 KB, 600x450
>>341305353
>>
>>341305353
That's because link is cute and women love elf fuck boys
>>
I can't find Nintendo's explanation? What was it?
>>
>>341306143
Link didn't go for the full op, instead just chose to identify as a girl
>>
>>341306143
They said that making Zelda playable would make more sense than creating an all-new female version of Link, but if they made a mainline Zelda game starring Zelda, they wouldn't be sure what kind of role Link would have in the story.
>>
A core concept to the Zelda series is that Zelda needs a hero to protect her / save her, that being Link. Featuring Zelda as the protagonist would be senseless. I can't see how the gameplay would work, and I would have to question why Link was ever necessary if Zelda doesn't need him.

Feminists are upset about this idea of a woman needing a man. I'm sorry you guys are so stupid that you don't understand why this isn't some sort of "sexism", it's just that it wouldn't make sense in the Zelda lore and it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the series.
>>
>>341300550
>SJW all scream about how their "Identities" are being invalidated
>Wont accept when someone else wont change because their "identity" will be invalidated

This is why I love feminist bullshit. The hypocrisy fuels my soul and keeps me going.
>>
>>341306740
it isn't sexist, it's just like real life
men have always been the protectors of women
women usually don't have a problem with being protected by men either, even the feminist landwhales that bitch about this will ask or even demand for the help and protection of men
>>
>>341305353
>It's funny that all of the people I've seen complain about Link being male are male journalists.
It's common among SJWs to be offended for other people.
>>
Good

Anyone who wanted this please kill yourself, you ruin society and the world around you.
>>
>>341304432

People have wanted a female Link for at least 15 years now. It has nothing to do with feminism. Well, SJWs have started expressing that wish too, but for completely different reasons than most fans have.
>>
it makes perfect sense but of course these cocksuckers would find aonuma's reasoning "garbage"
>>
ITT: A bunch of manchildren, even after getting their way, throwing hissy fits that women exist.
>>
>>341309232
That's because it is garbage.
>>
Fucking based gooks not pandering
>>
>>341310000
Woah gotta check myself lest I wreck myself
>>
File: 360_Kid.jpg (44 KB, 295x165) Image search: [Google]
360_Kid.jpg
44 KB, 295x165
>>341300550
Watch as SJW disapproval does absolutely zero to their profits.
>>
>>341303934
Thecuckdefense
>>
File: (this is me).jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
(this is me).jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>341310000
Quads speak truth. Slantnips are based.
>>
>>341308716
>People have wanted a female Link for at least 15 years now

I don't know where the hell you have been for the last 15 years but I didn't hear anyone start complaining about Link's gender until about two years ago.
>>
>>341311061

I don't know where the hell you've been for the past 15 years, but people used to talk about it on Zelda forums and gaming forums more than a decade ago. I remember people on Gamefaqs and other places saying that they'd like to see a female Link for once around the time of Wind Waker. No one was complaining about women being oppressed or anything, that didn't start until recently for sure, but back then people just wanted it for something new. You know, like when you decide you're going to wear a shirt color you've never worn before or something. It doesn't change anything, but it's nice to do something new. There are still people like that now, but with SJWs complaining about absolutely everything, and some demanding that there should be a female Link for gender equality, everyone is paranoid now and snaps at anyone who even mentions a female Link. Actually that goes for a lot of things now, if you mention the desire to see a female lead anywhere on 4chan you're automatically treated as a raving SJW.
>>
>>341305779
>watching Jim "Tweedledum" Sterling's videos in the first place

wew
>>
>>341304260
To be fair as a girl I'd love to see more female protag in general. When I was a kid, playing a girl in Pokemon is what really get me into the series (even though I was already a fan). It just feel nice to play as your gender.
But I really don't care if we never get a Zelda game with a woman as a main character, it'll even feel weird to play as Zelda or female Link. I'm not against the idea, sure, but it's not something I want. Link isn't the more talkative guy ever but he is his own person and pretty emblematic.
>>
>>341300550
I hope that link is trying to hide her penis
>>
>>341312254
No they haven't. Stop living in pretend-world.
>>
>>341313157

https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6915/t620693-female-link-rly/

>2005

Just one example, kiddo.
>>
>>341312601
I wouldn't mind to playing as Zelda, but I don't want to playing as girl Link. Just seems wrong.
>>
>>341303735
What if I only like tomboys for the payoff of them doing something/wearing something girly?

>>341312601
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>341315846
They have to wear girl clothing sometime
>>
>>341315983
but it's that mix of being embarrassed from wearing girly clothes and pride of being told she's pretty from someone she cares about that normal girls don't have
>>
>>341304894
And the game totally bombed.
>>
It'll still probably be a middling game and tumblrettes everywhere will still throw their money at it.
>>
>>341313157
You obviously dont live in the real world.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.