[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People are upset by this FUCKING HOW?! I actually cried.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
>People are upset by this

FUCKING HOW?!

I actually cried. I legit cried because my favorite fucking franchise, which has been dead ever since RE5, is finally going back to being a horror game. It looks so fucking good, and you fucking retards are upset?

Was Resident Evil 6 your first fucking RE game?

Jesus fucking CHRIST you retards have awful fucking taste.

You're already getting a Resident Evil CoD shooter game in a few weeks. Why the fuck to you want to ruin it for the real fans too? You greedy little shits.

It seriously makes no fucking sense to me
>>
I wanted it to be another RE4
>>
Isn't it a VR game?
>>
File: 1460076352280.jpg (40 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
1460076352280.jpg
40 KB, 510x427
>>341285486
>post bait for hours on end
>no one cares
>keep posting because you have nothing else to do
>>
>>341285486
>I actually cried. I legit cried

sage reddit threads
do not reply to reddit posters
>>
>>341286182

I just woke up an hour and a half ago, dude
>>
>>341286398
Good, I just planned out your entire day for you.
>>341286182
>>
File: 1458814432387.jpg (56 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
1458814432387.jpg
56 KB, 358x429
When was Resident Evil a horror series even outside of the REmake? Even RE 1 wasn't much of a horror game with sharks, giant snakes, hentai tentacles and reptitians.

RE2 was more action oriented and RE2 was a legitimate action game with all the weapons, dodges, Nemesis fights.

The fuck have you been playing OP?
>>
>>341285486
Gonna be honest, I had more fun with the over the shoulder resident evil games, but the isometric ones look like solid games.
>>
>>341285486
Stop shitposting, after it was revealed that there is an inventory system, shooting, guns, and item management along with puzzles people started to warm up to the idea. We were all just fucking blindsided at first and thought it was literally outlast 2.0.
>>
>>341285486
Yeah, I don't understand the backlash either. Maybe because it's first person?

I'm glad it's no longer RE4's style of BANG, BOOM, BLOSH anymore.
>>
If you actually watch the trailer you kinda see Leon in the reflection in the water.
>>
>>341285947
4 Resident Evil was a one hit wonder. They tried to make sequels and it just didn't work.
>>
Haha wow it took them seven main games to come up with this logo!
>>
>>341287234
Was anyone really doubting Leon, the literal number one main male character of Resident Evil, was in the game?
>>
File: 1.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>the Silent Hills that never came was somehow reincarnated as Resident Evil

Yeah I'm pretty happy too OP
>>
so It's a PT clone or what? Are they gonna do the same to RE2?
>>
File: 1461829342987.gif (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461829342987.gif
136 KB, 500x500
>Want the series to go back to its roots of RE classic style
>We understand, we will go back and make RE great again we promise
>Get this shit instead

Yeah, nah fuck you and fuck off Op.
>>
>>341285486
>Resident Evii
Literally not a Resident Evil game

basically

Resident Evii: Resident Evil
>>
>>341288028
It's episodic so it will probably turn out to be more like Alan Wake for the final product
>>
>>341285486
Also it's interesting that they're using the Biohazard name in the west now.
>>
>>341285486
People are upset because

>Ghosts
>No zombies
>No mutants
>No viruses
>No puzzles
>No item management
>No old characters
>Found footage
>Ghost investigation
>Haunted mansion
>Game looks like Silent Hill
>Game looks like P.T 2
>Game looks like Outlast 1.5
>First person instead of third
>Game is used to promote VR

It's Resident Evil in name only.
>>
File: Duke Nukem.jpg (10 KB, 247x227) Image search: [Google]
Duke Nukem.jpg
10 KB, 247x227
>PT comes out
>vastly different than usual SH
>everyone is happy

>RESIDENTE VII comes out
>vastly different from usual RE
>everyone is mad

You see senpai, the thing here is the RE fanbase is whiny as fuck and will bitch about literally everything. Shame tho, RE threads used to be so chill, but that was back then when all we had to talk about was Ada's ass.
>>
>>341287767
yes people in the youtube section claiming you're some generic nigga in a spooky house
>>
Is it PS4 exclusive?
>>
>>341288369
>It's Resident Evil in name only.

So were 4, 5, and 6.
>>
File: 1464699755784.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464699755784.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
>>341285486
They re just RE 4 babbies ignore them everyone here is happy besides underages and redditors i hope the rumour about Outbreak HD became true
>>
>>341288369
>i literally didn't touch the demo
>>
I want zombies that walk aimlessly and grab and bite people, not these hybrids that can talk, punch, and tie people up.
>>
>>341287393
RE 5 is actually a good game. It takes everything that worked in RE 4 and applied a co-op twist to it.

RE 6 isn't that bad either, solid fun game full of content and the stroy and writing are so retarded that it's actually hillarious.

The problem is that Capcom got carried away trying to please everyone, going for the wide audience. If there's any lesson to learn here is that a bigger audience, "more people being able to play it" is a disaster.
>>
>>341288689
The entire franchise is Resident Evil in name only.
>>
>>341288462
SH was a survival horror game about ghosts and demons with little focus on combat.
RE was a survival action game about zombies and mutants with little focus on horror.
>>
>>341288529
no
>>
File: 1438779136922.jpg (137 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
1438779136922.jpg
137 KB, 323x454
>1st-person
why? what made them think that this was a good idea.
>>
>>341287102
>implying that immediately assuming its going to be outlast2.0 isn't the shit posting

Threads like this only cropped up cause of shitters like you
>>
>>341289149
That's only for VR non VR will have 3rd person
>>
>>341288919
>applied a co-op twist to it.
It's a great co-op game, but having to deal with the AI partner in singleplayer is a godawful experience.
>>
>>341286125

VR is fucking optional!
when the fuck will people understand this

Also why in the holy fuck people keep shitting on VR? I played plenty of it and it's amazing.
>>
>>341288369
>>Ghosts
>>No zombies
>>Ghost investigation
>>Haunted mansion
>>Game looks like Silent Hill
>>Game looks like P.T 2

I think I'll buy two copies.

You're also uninformed. Puzzles were confirmed.
>>
>>341288369
>>Ghosts
>>No zombies
>>Ghost investigation
>>Haunted mansion
>>Game looks like P.T 2

I think I'll buy two copies.

You're also uninformed. Puzzles were confirmed.
>>
the backlash is probably from the fact its 1st person

I say give it a chance, i hope they mention or bring back some old characters, doesn't have to be playable
>>
if its a prequel about the bizarre murders in the mountains then i can be excited. im in no mood for some memer enemy type like in re4. that fag serial killer better be in it for that one scene
>>
>>341289149

Because 1st person is always better than 3rd person
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>>341289000
Fuck
>>
>>341288919
Re5 would have been infinitely better as a singleplayer game. Segments like the mining tunnel or the swamp villages would be so much more tense and engaging
>>
>>341288462
I wish this "fanbase" shit would end. It just gives annoying whiny faggots a soapbox to stand on and complain about anything and everything, while they pretend they're entitled to their shit opinions because of muh loyalty to this game series, I'm a pioneer of le fanbase.

Not attacking you, anon. Just seeing that word and agreeing with what you said.
>>
>>341289756
I feel the opposite. 1st person combat is almost always worse and that's the most important part of most games to me. There are like 1 good 1st person melee game ever compared to tons of 3rd person ones and even something like lost planet has more interesting gunplay to me than many fps.
>>
I would have rather had another RE 6 then have RE become a spooky walking simulator.
>>
Every Resident Evil game up until this one is garbage. I'm glad you losers aren't getting what you want.
>>
>>341288369

welcome to modern videogames

>DOOM
>QUAKE
>>
>>341285486
the only people upset with this are shitters whose first RE was 4, so fuck them
>>
>>341289553
Tehy probably never tried it.

I tried two different head sets, one at NY Comic Con, and one at the microsoft store at my mall. It was a lot better than I ever expected.

Only problem is, they need a slightly better focus range. I'm blind as fuck, and I can almost see perfectly in VR without my glasses, but the focus range just isnt good enough to allow me to see perfectly.
>>
>You want horror back, goy?
>Okay well that Outlast game sold well so here you go ehehehe!

Fucking Capcom. 1st person VR Resident Evil. What a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>341290894
how about the fact that nothing even happened in the demo.
>>
It doesn't look bad, but making it not only a RE game but one in the main series is quite silly, it's completely different shit
>>
>>341286325
I cried too, but after I watched a streamer play the demo. It fucking hurts. It's like seeing someone you love be raped over and over and over.

Just fucking let this IP die, Capcom. You've hurt it enough already.
>>
Bullshit PT fakeout pissed me off.
>>
>>341291335
Resident evil 4
>>
>>341289425
It's a fucking first person resident evil, how can you NOT think it's going to be Outlast cashgrab VR pewdiepie electric boogaloo?

Granted it does have the RE mechanics but no one knew that at first.
>>
>>341290183

I really like 3rd person, but in more confined spaces and in games with dynamic lighting, I think 1st person really benefits the horror genre.
>>
>RE 7 is released
>It gets mediocre reviews and sells about a million copies in 3 months
>RE 2 remake is released
>Gets almost perfect reviews scores across board and sells a million copies in the first week
>Capcom realise what the RE franchise should be and RE returns to its roots

I'm happy for RE 7 to be a sacrificial lamb.
>>
File: 1459329099346.jpg (714 KB, 2774x1993) Image search: [Google]
1459329099346.jpg
714 KB, 2774x1993
>>341290007
>new land gets discovered
>agregate with like minded people
>found a state there, build a country together
>enjoy living in the country you all helped to build
>suddenly "refugees" start swarming you
>"ugh, ur so entitled, everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of your country, it means bigger and better country:)"
>crime statistics rise
>GPD tanks
>cities turn into ghettos
>country on the verge of bankrupcy
>original guys complain about "refugees" truning their country to shit
>"they pretend they're entitled to their shit opinions because of muh loyalty to this country, I'm a pioneer of le fanbase."
>>
>>341291407
oh my god you fucking baby

Resident evil fans everyone

try to be a silent hill fan you cunt
>>
>>341291605
For horror games I can agree, the other dude said 1st is always better.
>>
>>341287091
holy shit go play Resident Evil Remake, the isometric ones are literally the only good games in the series
>>
It feels wrong to call it Resident Evil SEVEN. It should have been a spin off instead, like Revelations 1 and 2.,
>>
>>341291950
resident evil 4
>>
I'm just waiting for REmake 2.
>>
>>341291558
You could not be a cynical faggot who jumps to conclusions about everything and pretends like like his word is law?
>>
>>341291947
I played them back in the day. I was young though and hardly remember them. I remember RE2 was super spooky and nemesis scared the shit out of me, pretty sure re0 also scared me shitless walking down that train.
>>
File: re-survivor-zombie.jpg (73 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
re-survivor-zombie.jpg
73 KB, 1024x768
>>341291558
>It's a fucking first person resident evil

That's not even the issue. It's currently unconfirmed, but not unreasonable to believe that they're removing shooting in favor of simple running and hiding mechanics, and if that happens, it will be complete and utter garbage for sure.
>>
File: 1465830131108.png (786 KB, 859x720) Image search: [Google]
1465830131108.png
786 KB, 859x720
>>341292275
Uh, do you know where we are?
>>
>>341291734
You didn't help build shit you fat nerd. You bought a game for 60 dollars. Get over yourself.
>>
I miss the glory days. Rip in peace re.
>>
>>341291558
Because i dont play outlast, dont wath outlast and dont fucking care about outlast, so i dont jump into pure cynic mode unless it proves to me its gonna be shit. What i saw was potential for a REmake level horror game revival for RE and waited for confirmation either way whether combat is in or not. Not shitposting immediately
>>
>>341291734
So you're saying the people complaining about this not being rehash are nazis? I approve.
>>
>>341292185
>I'm just waiting for REmake 2.

This. It seems to our one last hope for the series, and probably the entire survival-horror genre as well.
>>
Is this a timed demo like those random hour long game trials, a temporary demo like Nioh, or can I play it forever? I won't be home to download it until later this week and can't find any information on it.
>>
"We want the pewdiepie audience"
>>
I'm more concerned with the game being PS4 exclusive. That would be like making Call of Duty exclusive to the Xbone.

>but muh legacy

Nintendo no longer gets Final Fantasy, Contra, Castlevania, Gradius, Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden, Star Soldier, Mega Man, or Ghosts n Goblin games. So much for legacy.
>>
>>341292549
Fair enough. Carry on.
>>
>>341292612
wish i played that online
>>
>>341292342
The confinement of the mansion, the tight alleys in re2, and the train in re0 add so much to the feeling of vulnerability. Once it went over the shoulder it just didn't feel creepy anymore. Re4 hit a sweet spot with the mobs of enemies making you feel overwhelmed and got the adrenaline pumping. But to me, resident evil has always been about not knowing what's around the next corner, not knowing if you're prepared for what lies ahead. And to be honest the over the shoulder mechanics totally broke that immersion.
>>
>>341291558
Did you miss the clip of the main character dual welding magnums against a group of zombies?
>>
So has anyone figured out what to do with the axe or the finger in the demo? Or found an ending besides phone or door?
>>
>mfw all the people bitching about RESIDENT EVII will buy it anyway
>mfw no face
>>
>>341292870
>being PS4 exclusive
its not though.
>>
Looks pretty cool, actually, but it seems the name was slapped on just to sell the game after it was already done and they needed something good.
>>
>>341292932
Yeah fair enough. When they designed the camera angles well it was spooky and made for intense gameplay. Sometimes if they got lazy though there would be some pretty questionable camera shifts IIRC.
>>
>>341285486
>real fans
No faggot you're the one who ruined it. Faggots like you have turned resident evil into a hide and seek game
>>
>>341292870
Might actually be a good thing. Exclusivity to one platform usually allows for more creativity and better games due to the fact devs can focus on one platform and one audience.

But don't kid yourself, Capcom is going after the wild mainstream audience and will once again try to please literally everyone which will result in pleasing nobody.
>>
>>341288369
>Ghosts
I can almost promise you the "ghost" is a test subject. There's a reason Umbrella was watching the house.

>no Zombies
Zombies haven't been in several of the main games.

>no mutants
You really don't know that.

>no viruses
Test subject. There's a reason Umbrella was watching that house.

>no puzzles
Puzzles are in.

>no item management
The inventory is small as hell and there are only 4 slots for your weapons.

>no old characters
That you know of. That woman on the phone sounded like Ada to me. She had that stuck up femme fatale voice going.

>Found footage
>Ghost investigation
Those were just innocent guys who got more than they bargained for.

>Haunted mansion
And I bet there's a lab underneath it.

>Game looks like Silent Hill
>Game looks like P.T 2
>Game looks like Outlast 1.5
>First person instead of third
>Game is used to promote VR
Opinions here.
>>
>>341285486
>which has been dead ever since RE5, is finally going back to being a horror game.
Resident Evil has never actually been an outright horror game. It was an atmospheric shooter at best, even with RE1.

The series peaked at 4. 4 is literally the perfect Resident Evil game. It doesn't need to return to horror because it was never really a "horror" game to begin with, just a game that used horror elements to create a sense of tension while you fought or avoided huge terrifying monsters.
>>
>>341292920
iirc there was a way to play online on pcsx2
>>
>>341285486

We saw different evolutions of the series. First was zombies and then las plagas type stuff in third person. I hated the notion of RE7 last night.

I played the demo this morning. It looks like a different type of horror. Resident Evil could be many staying horror elements. I saw the pic with the umbrella helicopter. It appears to be a Hills Have Eyes approach with a family suffering from Umbrella tests. It has had me quite intrigued

We all need to give it a chance. Sure it is different, but it can still be good. I like how they are taking a risk to prevent stagnation. I hope it has a cool combat system. It could end up being like Condemed which was great
>>
>>341292920
You still can. I think if it was released a year later it would have been huge. They proved that with fixed controls and updated camera angles the problems can be solved while still allowing puzzles with multiplayer. Outbreak is the most underated re and that is only because online gaming was hardly a thing at the time. There were like 8 char types with 50 chars all with diff strengths. How did it go from this to a split screen action game?
>>
>>341292516
>not unreasonable to believe they're removing shooting in favor of simple running and hiding mechanics

There is an axe that you can swing in the demo, there is an option in the menu for aim assist, there is a shotgun in the trailer, the name of the game is RE7, not RE hide and seek, no statement has proclaimed a lack of combat, there is an inventory of limited size and the top row mapped to he d-pad which would be useless for mere puzzles, it loterally couldn't be clearer that combat is in
>>
>>341290587
This desu.
>>
>>341289553
protip: VR is a gimmick that's only available to VERY small percentage of gamers who are rich enough and dumb enough to shell out the same price of a console and buy one of those, which only supports a handful of actually good games and not just tech demos, MP games tied to it are literally DOA
>>
>>341293554
>It appears to be a Hills Have Eyes approach with a family suffering from Umbrella tests.

This. I bet anything Umbrella threw out a virus in a rural area to see the effects. That's why they had a chopper monitoring the area. They were collecting data.
>>
>>341291947
REmake is the only one worth playing outside of RE2, and the latter has not aged well, and REmake hit notes that you can only hit with the first Resident Devil's setting.

Even then, REmake just falls under the "horror shooter" genre described by >>341293531
>>
File: 1436741839657.png (1015 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436741839657.png
1015 KB, 1920x1080
>>341286125
No, it's a PS2 game.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (37 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
37 KB, 384x313
>RE7

Who cares?

I'm more interested in how REmake 2 development is progressing.
>>
>>341293765
As someone who couldn't play the demo, this reassures me. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>341293542
Yeah google obsrv. Theres still a solid playerbase.
>>
>>341288462
PT wasn't really how Silent Hills was going to play like, it was confirmed several times.

Capcom just saw the positive feedback and decided to repeat their "We want the COD audience" fiasco yet again.
>>
>>341292185
Same here
>>
It's built from the ground up for VR. It's a gimmick focused game. Same as Zelda Plucks a Slingshot on Wii or Star Wars Kinect

How could anyone be exited about this?
>>
>>341285486

I'm excited OP. ;)
>>
>>341292612

>tfw capcom will never ever re-release RE:Outbreak 1 and 2 and revive the servers because it's a good idea and will make them money
>>
>>341285486
>First person RE game

That's my only real complaint so far. It's like Survivor all over again.
>>
>>341287234
What minute/second?
>>
>welcome to the family, son (punch)
>dummy finger
New memes are coming
>>
>>341288978
>RE was a survival action game about zombies and mutants with little focus on horror.

I want RE4 babies to leave
>>
>>341294241
Np, there are vids up on youtube now that corraborate the info to confirm for yourself
>>
>people saying it's a return to form
>turning a historically campy action/horror game into a generic first person walking simulator is a return to form

This absolute basic lack of understanding when it comes to the Resident Evil series is just awful. All of you faggots started with 4, didn't you? Probably the ps3/360 hd version as well. Fucking shameful.
>>
File: 1284408112018.jpg (42 KB, 263x300) Image search: [Google]
1284408112018.jpg
42 KB, 263x300
>>341291726
>RE7 is released
>screeching children's entertainers on youtube uncritically expose it to millions of mindless underageb& fanatics with their scarecam faggotry
>becomes a fast selling flavor of the month type of thing and makes gorillians
>exactly as Capcom's cynical marketing team intended
>>
>>341287234
not seeing it
>>
File: DON'T SHOOT I'M INHUMAN.png (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DON'T SHOOT I'M INHUMAN.png
75 KB, 640x480
>>341294321
No one knows if the same thing applies for this game as well anon. The demo literally says that things in the final game might not work as you see in the demo. So I am reamaining neutral about this. Of course I'm worried but it's good to see RE finally going on a new direction after so many years of bullshit.
>>
>>341294779
I get why they wont but its a shame it never had the chance. It was ahead of its time. I feel sorry for anyone who bought the game and played solo and that seems to be almost everyone who played. The fact that 4 people could split up and all solve puzzles of their own and still barely made it out alive was awesome to me. If aomeone died you find the corpse and pick up where they left off. Online that game was beyond awesome. Im only let down because i expected them to go back to their roots like they claimed. Esp after releasing the remakes. It seemed like thats where they were headed.
>>
>>341289553
If it's made for VR, the graphics and gameplay will be downgraded to fuck you mong.
>>
File: spoopy.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
>>341285486

Demo was pretty neat people can go eat a dick.
>>
>>341295250
I started with the original in 96. You all would bitch if there was no inovation in the series. If it was the same shit we would have rehash threads. Look at souls games. They are loved here. Even then there was bitching about being the same shit. The bottom line is that it is given a chance
>>
OUTLAST 3
>>
File: xyOSaCt[1].png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
xyOSaCt[1].png
36 KB, 268x237
>mfw all this butthurt from people who started with 4

your tears sustain me
>>
>>341293916

I don't think 400$ is something only VERY small percentage of population can afford. Price isn't the issue here.
Real issue is however, that PS4 doesn't have the guts to render 2x1080p images at 60fps.
Consoles aren't there yet, and content isn't there yet.
Maybe with PS5 it will be great, but for now it's not worth getting.

Don't worry though, PCs will carry VR for next few years
>>
>>341296229
Oh yeah, because looks like the first one.
>>
File: 1418361133257.gif (647 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1418361133257.gif
647 KB, 480x270
>>341287793
>Resident Evil was somehow reincarnated into another hacky first-person indieshit horror game
>Silent Hills is still motherfucking dead no matter how many opportunistic imitations get cranked out
>>
>>341295989
It would be a fine change of pace if the genre wasn't already saturated with these amnesia clones. All we've really had in the last decade or so is TEW, Deadspace and even TloU when it comes to third person horror.
>>
>>341296712
I'm kind of hoping they fail or at least stay a gimmick. I'm not overly interested in them myself and I don't want to be forced to play games in VR some day.
>>
File: 1465676181554.gif (888 KB, 450x252) Image search: [Google]
1465676181554.gif
888 KB, 450x252
>I am literally seeing people saying that the would have preferred another RE6 instead of this
>They are saying that this series was never a survival horror
>RE WAS NEVER SURVIVAL HORROR
>mfw
>>
>>341287102
>an inventory system, shooting, guns, and item management along with puzzles
Oh thank god, now I'm more fine with the idea too.

If it's both enjoyable and close enough to RE's basic formulas, I'll give a try the same way I did RE4 (before then I hated the changes) and fucking loved it.

Same with TLOU: Kratos Edition if it features a semblance of hack-n-slash combo variety. Then I can at least minimize my anger at Sony's conference down to Crash's bait-and-switch.
>>
>>341296727
neither did 4, yet you faggots won't shut up about it
>>
>>341295689

It wouldn't be hard to rerelease the game and only change the server info.

I know it would clash with their recent shit but it's not like they'd lose money on it.
>>
>>341296879
Yea, but resident evil might suprise everybody. We do not know what it has to offer. It could shit on all them clones or be shit
>>
>>341296981
Resident Evil has always been part horror part action. The way the series went with 4 onwards was totally natural progression. I don't know if it's just ignorance or nostalgia which makes assholes like you so salty over boulder punching but it's stupid as fuck to complain.
>>
My first RE was 4 and I still think 7 looks awesome.
>>
>>341297660
whoa
>>
>>341296712
>Don't worry though, PCs will carry VR for next few years

PC can't carry shit, VR has been primarly a PC thing for what, 4 years now and look what came out of it, literally nothing. It took sony to enter the market for something to finally happen and actual video games to start being made for VR.

If sony screws this up with PSVR we can say goodbye to VR for the next 10 years.
>>
File: foto_0000000120150302161525.jpg (41 KB, 670x400) Image search: [Google]
foto_0000000120150302161525.jpg
41 KB, 670x400
>>341292516
>mfw I enjoyed RE: Survivor and thought it was the scariest shit ever
>>
>>341296712

Nobody will put a headset on your head and force you play a game you dumb fuck

And you will play it in VR one day, because it will be amazing and you will jizz your pants in excitement
You just don't understand the potential because you never tried it
>>
>>341285486
>which has been dead ever since RE5
I think you meant RE4
>>
>>341297447
>part horror part action
>going full action from 4 onward is completely natural

yeah and now they're going full horror, which is also natural
>>
>>341297741
>sonyniggers actually believe this

sony will leave the market when the next-gen starts

just like they abandoned all the other shit, they will on this too
>>
Check out the millennials in this thread.
>>
>>341285486
So this kind of faggortry is what theyre advertising to now?
>>
>>341297973
Pulling a 180 because of market trends and gimmick peripherals is not natural. If VR wasn't a thing we'd be getting an over the shoulder game.
>>
>>341288521
>>341287767
Why the fuck would Leon be a camera man for some variety tv show?
>>
>>341298004
Sony is going pretty damn strong. I doubt it
>>
>>341285486
What is this, tumblr?
>>
>>341288369
>>Game looks like P.T 2
>>Game looks like Outlast 1.5
And all those games were excelent and better than RE
>>
>>341298317
no, it's /v/
>>
>>341298254
It's completely natural to change the forula when your past two games have been complete shit
>>
>>341285486
Wrong art style. RE isn't about paranormal shit.
>>
File: fuck you.png (83 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
83 KB, 800x540
>played the first game when I was a kid
>never finished it because inventory management was very frustrating

>played games like Megaman, Xenogears, and Colony Wars instead

>when RE4 came out I played it and loved it
>RE5 came out and I thought it was meh
>RE6 came out and it was okay

>play this demo
>liked it quite a bit
>all these faggots bitching and crying because it's in first person but there's no SHOOT ZAMBIE IN FACE during the demo

Jesus Christ people talk about petty complaints. The first person perspective exists to hammer home a feeling of isolation, vulnerability, and claustrophobia. You're given a wide field of view that you can only take partial advantage of thanks to the cone of your flashlight. It creates an atmosphere and mood of paranoia that will play well with how the final game will work with guns and shit.

Get your collective head out of your collective ass.
>>
>>341297828
>nobody is forcing you
>but you'll do it anyway 'cause i said so
>>
>>341298540
Check your privilege, this is neo /v/
>>
>>341297232
Its impossible according to capcom. They were working with a phone company that went under and lost the netcode allegedly. Thats why capcom allows people to play via emu. The guy at obsrv essentially reverse engineered the game. Idk if i buy capcoms excuse but they have said multiple times that they cannot do it.
>>
>>341298560
They weren't you bandwagon fuck, plus they also sold boatloads. There are hundreds of haunted house simulators on steam if you want that garbage, RE doesn't need to become one.
>>
>>341298767
>Colony Wars

rip psygnosis
>>
>>341298876
Mobile company was called snap i believe
>>
>>341285486
>omg it's going back to its roots XD
RE has never been about psychological horror you cucks
>>
>>341297447
Its funny because I actually liked RE 5 and 6 and I like the direction the game its taking.I can understand the winning over the camera, but the fact that people are saying its shit because you are stuck in a house (like RE) baffles me. People are also mad because of the fact that the fucking demo doesn't starts you with a fucking rocket launcher to blow the whole fucking house. "oh fuck, the demo didn't tell me all the characters and all the fucking plot points of the game. Then it must suck. Also the game doesn't have me fighting a zombie just like RE4, the game that people considered the best in the series. Holy shit this game fucking suck"

Have patience holy shit.
>>
>>341288369
>I'm Willfully Ignorant: The Post

95% of those are kneejerk reactions that you personally have made. The majority of them have actually had the opposite confirmed. You are in denial.
>>
>>341292516
There's plenty of great games where you're unable to fight back and have to use running and hiding mechanics. Although I agree, not being able to have weapons in a resident evil game just feels wrong.
>>
>>341293916
you're looking at VR like any other gaming peripheral, which it's clearly not. the experience it offers is so radically different and offers up so many new ways to experiment (especially with the vive) that the high price tag isn't enough to kill it. it's going to find it's own niche that will expand into its own market, because honestly the technology is amazing when you use it and anyone who actually has used it will agree.
>>
>>341298004
I'm not a blind fanboy and can see that without the support of a big console manufacturer VR won't take off. You need the mainstream market on board to make developing games for it viable and VR on PC is niche as fuck. On top of that PC had 4 years and all that came out it were a bunch of shitty tech demos. What makes you think it will be different in the future? Meanwhile consoles haven't even started yet and they already done much more than PC.
>>
>>341298928
yeah they were you dudebro faggot, there are also millions of actionshit AAA titles for your ADD-riddled chimp brain to enjoy
>>
File: Resident_Evil_Apocalypse_Poster.jpg (355 KB, 980x1370) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_Apocalypse_Poster.jpg
355 KB, 980x1370
>>341299269
this
pic related is what the series has always been
>>
>>341288808

This series lost me with the whole 'running zombies' thing. I remember part 2 had the aimlessly lazy and slow zombies. The Lickers were the ones you had to watch out for.
>>
>>341287767
>Leon
>Number one male character
>Not Chris
I am disappoint Anon.
>>
>>341299669
see
>>341293765
>>
>>341299749
I'd rather be a dudebro action shitter than a 12 year old who loves to watch his favourite youtuber play the latest walking horror shitshow.
>>
>>341293785
go back to china.
>>
>>341299269

First person either except for the bad ones
>>
>MUH WEAPONS

The demo has an axe. The trailer showed a shotgun. The settings for the demo explicitly show features like aim assist. The demo's inventory has mappable items to a D-Pad, something super useful for combat.

>b-but it's a walking simulator!!

Are people so eager to make snap judgments and shit talk things that they watch a 2-minute trailer and immediately got into how this is the death of Resident Evil?
>>
>>341285486
Welcome to /v/, family
>>
Does it have paranormal elements?
>>
>>341300472
Welcome to /v/, son!
>>
>>341300472
fuck off shill, we see its a dead franchise
>>
>>341300472
I want to see the combat, basic standard menu features means nothing.
>>
>>341289509
It wont. The official RE7 website says its a first person game.

>In RESIDENT EVIL 7, we're changing the way you interact with the world. For this next major entry in the series, play from a first-person point of view, dramatically increasing your ability to become fully absorbed in the world we have created.
>>
>>341285486
resident evil was never a good survival horror franchise
>>
>>341288689
Fan of both eras here. 4, 5 and 6 were still at least about shooting hordes of infected people/creatures in unsettling aesthetics, you still saw a semblance of RE regardless of the increasing CoD-pandering.

Though recent clips of 7 showed this too, so it's basically first-person RE1/Revelations and I'm happy again. But before that, it was just Amnesia with the RE title at the end. The anger was justified for fans of any RE game.
>>
>>341300670
I don't think so. The demo aims at some creepy sightings but its probably umbrella fucking in that house. There's probably a laboratory beneath it.
>>
When will babies learn that third person is the pinnacle of videogame perspectives? Do they lack imagination and need everything to be first person to become immersed? Is this the fall of modern civilization as we know it?
>>
File: 1460905237255.png (20 KB, 459x156) Image search: [Google]
1460905237255.png
20 KB, 459x156
Fucking /v/
>>
>>341288369
There's only a fucking demo out. How can you have an opinion on how the game will turn out?

Jesus, you /v/irgins are cray cray.
>>
This didn't even look like a RE game.
NEVER has there been a RE game that is an first person shooter.
Really looking forward to this, let's just hope they don't fuck it up and make it a le ebin action game like RE 4-6..fucking shit games
>>
This is some shitty bait
>>
File: 1465519152226.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1465519152226.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>341288369
>Mansion
>People are pissed
>>
File: 1433376883925.png (928 KB, 1080x843) Image search: [Google]
1433376883925.png
928 KB, 1080x843
The game looks good but make it something new. No need to slap Resident Evil on it. There is nothing Resident Evil about it.

I didn't play the demo but watched a video of it and it was impressive. You just have to mentally remove the fact that its RE.
>>
This game looks like it is now totally for girls.
I don't know any (real) man that enjoys gameplay like this.
>>
>>341301465
Google resident evil survivor
>>
>>341299363
here's the thing: a demo should show you some idea of what the game is gonna be like. this isnt PT. RE 7 is coming out in January. The game is almost finished.
The fact theyre showing something that not only looks like every modern horror game on steam, but are having this as a sequel and not a spinoff, is gonna cause some fans some doubt.
I actually think RE 4 was a good evolution of the series. people who are like "RE 4 isnt a resident evil game" seem to ignore that the series was evolving with more action, and what they did with 4, plus the overall feeling and atmosphere of the game, felt like Resident Evil to me.
This demo really doesnt show itself as an evolution of the series or a return to form.
>>
>>341292941
yes i did,give a link
>>
>>341301465
>NEVER has there been a RE game that is an first person shooter.

these are the people you're arguing with on /v/
>>
>>341288120

RE is not been RE for a long time now so welcome to that part of your life when companies ruin your favorite franchises by changing directions to appeal to a younger audience.

>>341294789

I would too if it wasn't VR.

>>341285486
>which has been dead ever since RE5

You are too generous OP. 4 was shit too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ
>>
Have they showed REmake 2 yet?

Expect Revelations gameplay in your remake. It's going to happen.
>>
Go to bed, Capcom, no one gives a shit about your Silent Hill knockoff.
>>
File: 1364162381124.jpg (961 KB, 1415x3000) Image search: [Google]
1364162381124.jpg
961 KB, 1415x3000
>>341292185
This.
>>
>>341300857
>Aim assist is a feature normally found in games with no combat
>>
like, nothing happens in the demo

Why are people bumming it so much.

Im interested in it but i won't be getting it if its just serial killers, Press X to hide and ada wong
>>
>>341285486
I'm with you on this. It looks really interesting.

/v/tards consciously chose to be jaded to the point of no return.
>>
>>341302298
It's to help you pick up items idiot
>>
>>341285486
>VR
>>
>>341301727
>it was impressive

It seriously feels and plays like any other title on the litany of indie horror games that scarecamfags eat up.
>>
I'm 100% positive Capcom devs could not for the life of them figure out where to go with the story after RE 6. They tried to do a new Raccoon City with RE 6 and failed HARD...so clearly the very next step is to try something different. There is no possible way they could shoehorn in Chris,Jill,Leon,Barry,Rebecca or any of the other characters without it being stupid like RE 6. We have the REmake 2 to look forward too if you don't want to try RE 7.
>>
>silent hill decides to go first person in PT
>much rejoicing and hype
>resident evil decides to go first person
>FUCK I HATE THIS NO TRUE RESIDENT EVIL
>>
>>341301982
To me it reminded me of the first resident evil but in a smaller scale (because is a demo). I hope the game takes us to different locations or a big mansion.
>>
>>341288919
>RE 5 was a good game

No it was really bad actually
>>
File: RESurvivor.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
RESurvivor.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>341301465
I agree that it doesn't look like RE, but it's not the first FPS.
>>
>>341302123
Nothing on REmake 2 yet.
>>
>>341303005
Also Dead Aim, kinda.
>>
>>341302779
people played PT without knowing what it was and was blown away how atmospheric it was and how it constantly left you on edge every time you looped.

Resident evil 7 all you do is get a key from behind a fire place with the odd noise spooking you and they place the classic mannequin randomly in the attack and make them move.

The Serial killer was shit too
>>
>>341285486
>which has been dead ever since RE:CV
ftfy
>>
>>341302583
Do you actually have experience with games that need aim assist for picking up items. You literally can't make such an assumption unless you've played absolute garbage
>>
>now /v/ is defending RE 6 and claiming that RE was always action and less horror

go to hell all of you...RE 1,2 and 3 are still legit creepy games...there isn't nearly as much action in the first two as the third AND it was never about shooting down groups of zombies like in RE 4 and I love that game.
>>
>>341298928
>sales = quality
>>
Why is the demo still not up in the U.S.?
>>
File: 1430706968883.gif (1 MB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1430706968883.gif
1 MB, 500x334
https://youtu.be/SSFrhGdfCi8?t=2429

rev up those reaction boys
>>
You should know that /v/ turned into absolute trash back in 2011 OP. This is the IPhone generation now.

2010 /v/ and earlier would've loved the RE7 reveal.
>>
File: 1441640917862.jpg (57 KB, 600x654) Image search: [Google]
1441640917862.jpg
57 KB, 600x654
Resident Evils
>>
Hope the whole game is not spooky streamer bait.
>>
>>341302221
.....this is gore hentai, isn't it?
>>
>>341288369
>ghost

Where?
>>
File: 1465566786825.png (32 KB, 271x243) Image search: [Google]
1465566786825.png
32 KB, 271x243
Thinking RE5 is better than 6

At least 6 went all in. 5 is 4 if you took out literally everything that made 4 fun.
>>
>>341285486
But re never was a horror game, not from re 1, not ever. You a retard man, go play outlast or something
>>
>>341303997
under the stairs for a brief second and somewhere outside in vhs mode
>>
>>341302779
>capcom VERY cynically decides to hop on a bandwagon
>guts a franchise beyond recognition to do so
>is met with backlash/skepticism because they've done similar things before
>>
>>341304030
This.

I remember getting so pissed toward the end of RE 5 when they just throw in cover mechanics out of fucking nowhere because you're literally fighting big black "zombies" with the same weapon Vulcan Raven uses..it was just plain stupid
>>
>>341303941
Nah.
They marry at the end.
>>
File: tofu.jpg (105 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
tofu.jpg
105 KB, 450x450
>all the first person RE suck lel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH8tnGrbrT0
ok, senpai
>>
I'm getting some kind of Cabin in the Woods vibe about this game. What if this is some kind of training facility for some test subjects infected with a new strain of the T-phobos virus?
>>
>>341303717
It is. you just have to manually search it up under Biohazard. and have ps plus, because they fucking suck
>>
Take away Resident evil name out of it

Bam, you have a great game.
>>
Why the fuck do people keep saying nemesis was in RE2, the Tyrants are from RE2. Nemesis is from RE3: nemesis.
>>
>1st person walking simulator with jumpscares
I'd rather take Gears of Evil than horror walking simulator #1124145124, what did you do Capcom?
>>
File: LEON.png (3 MB, 980x1429) Image search: [Google]
LEON.png
3 MB, 980x1429
>>341303941
Looks more like something from the wacky chink RE manhuas.
>>
File: CodeVeronica.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CodeVeronica.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>341303301
Code Veronica (and the 3DS version of Revelations, from what I've heard) had first person modes as well, but they at least still looked like RE in those modes.
>>
>>341304296
and RE5/6 weren't bandwagon jumping soulless wrecks? RE6 was literally "we want the cawwadooty audience", and so is the new multiplayer shooter.
>>
File: sad affleck.webm (2 MB, 285x382) Image search: [Google]
sad affleck.webm
2 MB, 285x382
>>341304725
>capcom making good games and having good ideas

Neat thought though
>>
>>341302779
Silent Hill had Silent Hill 4, so PT didnt feel that far from being a follow up to the good Silent Hill games.
>>
>>341295446
If the babies are busy watching other people play why would they buy it themselves?
>>
>>341285486
NOZOMBIES human enemies REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>341305067
b-b-but they were bandwagon jumping soulless wrecks that pandered to meeeeee ;_;
>>
>>341304725
what if its just aids?
>>
>>341302953
re5 was a fantastic co-op game

literally one of the best co-op shooters ever made

it just wasnt very good at being a resident evil game

i think they should make a whole game that plays like re5: lost in nightmares

spooky exploration and puzzle solving with really strong enemies that you have to be scared of and teamwork
>>
>>341304731
I can't find it. I just see pre-orders for RE7, Prototype, and some icons.
>>
>>341298290
It's not like the character isn't explicitly referred to as Clancy Javis
>>
>>341305067
>met with backlash/skepticism because they've done similar things before
>because they've done similar things before
>similar things before

What did you think I meant by this, anon?
>>
>>341300472
This trailer is supposed to represent the game, it shows us gameplay and how it'll work. How do you expect any normal person not to draw a conclusion from that?
>>
>>341302779
>Capcom shits all over the original fanbase of RE
>Spends years teasing and hinting maybe this time they'll go back to their roots
>Same shit from before, except this time they went for the ez youtube reaction bait

Gee are you really surprised, it can't be that these people just want what RE1/2/3/CV/REmake was.
>>
File: 1465815222534.jpg (624 KB, 1200x1761) Image search: [Google]
1465815222534.jpg
624 KB, 1200x1761
>>341305562
Then it's gonna be one of THOSE stories.
>>
>>341306116
i think if youre on the RE 7 pre order page, you scroll down and there should be the demo. I checked this morning so hopefully its not changed
>>
I'm actually kinda excited to see more of this, maybe it'll be good even great
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.