[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skyrim Re-somethingOrOther
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: getyerenbhere.jpg (219 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
getyerenbhere.jpg
219 KB, 1280x720
So is there actually any new content/quests/dungeons/items etc. with the Skyrim remaster, or did they just install all the graphical mods off of Nexus and call it a day?

I've already downloaded countless mods and had my fun with it years ago. If this is just a facelift I don't see the point.
>>
Just Skyrim with all DLC and slight graphical changes that are most likely worse than what you can accieve with mods.
>>
>>341284945
Well that's a bit upsetting. If anything, this would have been the perfect time to work with mod-makers, especially since there's some really ambitious stuff like the Second Life starting quest, Path to Elsewyr and whole areas built for questing in.

Beth missed a beat with this one. People would have bee way more excited by a remaster of Daggerfall, Morrowind or Oblivion rather than this.
>>
Do you retards know what REMASTER means?

They're R-E-M-A-S-T-E-R-I-N-G the game, not R-E-M-A-K-I-N-G the game.

Since WHEN do remasters change anything other than visuals?

>did they just install all the graphical mods off of Nexus and call it a day?
This is also wrong. The new lightning, reflection, and AA features that they're adding are superior to the shit tier versions that we've had to deal with in ENB. The new version of Skyrim will no longer be on dx9 and won't be limited by the original Skyrim's retarded ram and vram limitations.

Basically, on PC, it's the same game but now it has better lightning, better shadows, and will be a much more stable platform for us to mod even further. The Skyrim mod community is excited about this because it means we can do bigger and better things without having to worry about as many crashes or ram limitations.
>>
>>341285387
>People would have bee way more excited by a remaster of Daggerfall, Morrowind or Oblivion rather than this.
No they wouldn't
4channers are not people.
>>
>>341285387
>People would have bee way more excited by a remaster of Daggerfall, Morrowind or Oblivion
Those would need total remakes. Skyrim is the only game they could have done a quick remaster on. The others would need total remakes.

Skyrim Special Edition is just meant to give TES fans something to chew on while Bethesda continues working on TES 6 because TES 6 is still 2-3 years from being finished. And since Skyrim was 5 years ago, that would mean a potentially 8 year gap between TES games.

They also picked Skyrim because it has the most active mod community. They want to continue expanding their library of games with console mods and Skyrim is obviously a perfect candidate for that.
>>
Honestly I don't see this as being a bad thing at all.

Yes, I would like Bethesda to hurry up with TES VI, but this doesn't seem like it would take a lot of work, and remasters, despite what /v/ says, are not a bad thing in a world where backwards compatibility is no longer a thing.

Remasters are just more option in ways to play your favorite games.
>>
>add a few graphical mods to the base installation
>See that mountain? We remastered it!
>>
>>341286556
>they picked Skyrim because they wanted to mod community to have to remake all of their mods to be able to have them work on the shitty new remake
>>
>>341284465
They just browsed the Nexus, installed some texture packs, and ported it to console.
>>
File: ToddHoward.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ToddHoward.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>341287347
"See that mountain? Not anymore, now that we've added depth of field!"
>>
>>341287726
Again, it's not a remake.

It's the same game assets on the same engine with the same mod tools. Most of the mods will be compatible and the more complex ones won't be difficult to port over.

Remember: the entire point of this is to advertise console mods. Is it in Bethesda's best interest to keep the majority tens of thousands of Skyrim mods compatible? The answer, obviously, is yes, because it is those very mods that helped spur Bethesda to remaster Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox in the first place.
>>
>>341287165
Todd's Bethesda isn't even the studio remastering it.

It's Todd's Bethesda's newly opened child studio in Montreal. The new child studio was formed to handle small side projects like this while Todd's Bethesda can continue working.

Todd confirmed TES 6 recently

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/e3-2016-bethesda-is-working-on-the-elder-scrolls-6

But Fallout 4 only came out 6 months ago. It's obviously going to be 2-4 years before we even see a trailer for TES 6
>>
Eh, Im just gonna import my MO profile and it just might work. Otherwise gonna wait for mods getting compactible with it. 64bit will make a world of difference when you can finally increase Ugrids without major stability issues. Watch it to have the same old bugs legendary edition has though
>>
>>341285967
Hi Todd
>>
They dropped the ball with FO4 so hard that they need to unfuck their new games first
>>
>>341288272
>expecting Bethesda to take the logical route

lmao'ing @ ur life
>>
>>341289302
>They dropped the ball with FO4 so hard that they need to unfuck their new games first
this viewpoint only exists on /v/. fallout 4 sold 12 million copies in the first week alone and received universal critical and gamer acclaim. bethesda's not worried about anything.
>>
>>341289925
Yeah, I forgot that game industry is the same as movies where the release week makes or breaks the product. I fucking hate economy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.