[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right? Is Battlefield 1 disgusting history revisionism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: BF1.png (322 KB, 1080x1224) Image search: [Google]
BF1.png
322 KB, 1080x1224
Is he right? Is Battlefield 1 disgusting history revisionism?
>>
Since when the fuck did we start thinking games are accurate historically? I guess I should be offended Gandhi nuked my ass in Civs.
>>
>>341284803
but its like wo2 game without germans
>>
>>341284176
Well the biggest FPS market is American. You can't have them being so racist that one of the main characters can't even fight along side them because he is black
>>
>>341284803
>the WWI game is SUPPOSED to be nothing like WWI

EA marketers have hit a low point.
>>
>>341284176
He's partially right. But the Hellfighters were at Meusse-Argonne, an offensive that was under American command.

And saying "they had French equipment!" is besides the point, almost all the AEF used Euro hand-me-downs at some point because our industrial bases wasn't capable of cranking out millions of guns at such shirt notice.

But the most ridiculous part is "muh Russians". They were out of the war in 1917 and fighting their own civil war by 1918, how could one possibly justify their presence?
>>
Yes.

The Swedes have gotten out of control and something must be done about them
>>
>>341286812
>implying Red vs. White armored battle trains wouldn't be fun

If they're already inflating demographic representation, what would be the issue with tossing in a Russian Civil War map? This is assuming they're focusing on the very latter part of the Great War.
>>
>>341284803
Because people haven't shut the fuck up about how historically accurate this game is supposed to be when it came to making excuses as to why the Harlem dudes are in the game.

Yet now that a major player in WWI is being thrown out so Americans can take center stage once again suddenly historical accuracy no longer matters. Fucking hypocritical American pricks.

You don't say your making a game about WWII then have Romania fight Russia with M14's and AK47's.
>>
>>341287998
Well, that's cool for multiplayer, I'm sure the guy was crying about about singleplayer mode.

>tfw no British Colonial troops vs Turk Gallipoli map

>>341288537
>buttblasted Frenchie

I wish Bismarck had annexed your shithole.
>>
>>341284176
We don't even know if the Harlem Hellfighters are in the game outside of cosmetic DLC and the French are confirmed to be in the campaign.
>>
>>341284176
AEF forces served under French and British command all the time and the AEF didn't really operate in any meaningful capacity as an independent entity until the fall of 1918 and by then the war was nearly over.

Likewise the AEF units used French heavy equipment as a standard, but that was mostly limited to artillery, tanks, and aircraft. The 93'd Infantry Division (of which the Harlem Hellfighters were part) were equipped with french designedM1907/15 rifles built by remington, most likely as a matter or expediency as they were relegated to acting as replacements for French casualties (the french designed gun used different ammunition than the American Springfield rifles used by the AEF) than racism.

And that's where the racism comes into play. Pershing didn't want AEF soldiers treated as per-unit replacements for allied casualties and lobbied extensively for an independent American Expeiditionary Forces. However while most American units were only temporarily seconded to British or French commands for training and familiarization the AEF was more than willing to let the black 92'd abd 93'd Infantry Divisions get absorbed almost whole cloth by the French.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.