[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Dark Crusade Steam.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Dark Crusade Steam.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
What race do you play /v/? What are your build strats? Let's remember the last good installment in the DoW series.
>>
>>341275858
I liked to play as Chaos, but they got nerfed pretty hard. I usually go guardsmen.
>>
>>341276386
I think Chaos was the weakest race. Extremely hard to play. Gaurdsment was cool becuase IG is the best race in the lore but they had a really limited development. One early unit that couldn't fight for shit and high end infantry with a 1 unit cap. Rush mechs and turrets was your only option.
>>
>>341277573
Nah bro. Rush grenade launchers early game on your guardsmen squads and proceed to juggle enemy heroes and squads.
>>
File: aquila.jpg (357 KB, 3543x1343) Image search: [Google]
aquila.jpg
357 KB, 3543x1343
IMPERIUM OF MANKIND
>>
>>341277573
>Chaos was the weakest race. Extremely hard to play.
Chaos was top tier rush with extremely nice endgame
>Gaurdsment was cool becuase IG is the best race in the lore
You have got to be 12 years old
>One early unit that couldn't fight for shit
Few squads with a Commissar out DPS tier 3 units
>Rush mechs and turrets was your only option.
Confirmed for bad
>>
>>341277573
you must be 18 to post on this webzone friend
>>
>>341280598
>You have got to be 12 years old
Best races are IG and the orks but only the red ones are faster kind. There is no debate.
>>
I only got into this franchise by soulstorm.
:s
>>
>>341280598
>Few squads with a Commissar out DPS tier 3 units
And are completely unable to manage vehicles or building. If you are able to reach maxed out squads your enemy has already screwed up, and so have you for not putting out baneblades and russes.
>>
File: 1456687573563.jpg (432 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
1456687573563.jpg
432 KB, 838x911
>>341279759
MY BATTLE BROTHER
>>
>>341281557
I heard soulstorm improved a little after patches but that may be people trying to feel better about that rush job killing dark crusade
>>
>>341282703
Soulstorm was my introduction, so I REALLY liked it.

But /v/ always praises dark crusade.
I tried DC campaign, but I didn't like not having flying units, and it was hard as hell.
>>
>>341281779
Buildings die just as fast to guardsman squads and most online games were over before anyone researched tier 3. have you even played the game against actual players?
>>
File: 1383708091493.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1383708091493.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
I always go chaos because I fucking love Word Bearers and Eliphas has a sexy fucking voice.
>>
>>341283931
Yeah which is why it matters that IG has the most limited Tier 1 units of any race. Rushing T2 was their only strat.
>>
I hate Tau but they fit my playstyle so well

My favorite is Chaos but i'm not good with them
>>
>>341283931
>>341284473
And they don't die just as fast to gaurdsmen... gaurdsmen have no anti-building or vehicle upgrades.
>>
>>341282703
Dark Crusade was played longer than Soulstorm. Soulstorm shipped with more bugs than Dark Crusade, two horribly implemented and broken races made by a third party that was hopeless. The campaign was a rushed poorly made copy of Dark Crusade and they lied about all the multiplayer improvements and used the identical system from Dark Crusade.

>>341284473
>>341284756
You've basically confirmed you've only played easy skirmished vs the AI, rushing tier 2 was viable for every faction, its how the game was designed. IG beat out every other faction in tier 1 however with just guardsman, grenade launchers and commissars and good players often would.

>execute: restored and are immune to morale for 10 seconds. The maximum damage of Guardsmen Lasguns and Kasrkin Hellguns within the area of effect is tripled for 10 seconds

GUARDSMEN squads could tear down bases with ease.
>>
>>341275858
Necron because I like robots and skeletons
>>
Random is the best race
>>
>>341275858
Necrons
Upgrade lord and warriors then Attack order their base.
>>
>>341284054
Too bad they're a legion of retards who all got quarantined together so they could die without fucking anything important
>>
>>341286287
Retard I've played online all the time. I never said IG was bad I said they had 1 development path which meant build some turrents and rush the hell tank that I forget the name of. If other players couldn't crush IG units it just meant they were bad.
>>
>>341287016
What do you mean? Are you talking about the battle of Calth?
>>
>>341282508
>Ultramarine
My spiritual liege :^)
>>
I would reck everyone using the Tau but I absolutely love playing as Chaos. Bonus points to IG for comfy factor.
>>
>>341275858
Soulstorm was better
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.