[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: Leak2.png (127 KB, 657x415) Image search: [Google]
Leak2.png
127 KB, 657x415
If you got a gaming PC with windows 10 and all Xbox one games are going to be on PC now, what is the point of owning an xbox one?

I don't get it, they keep saying "Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive" like it is one platform now, but in reality it is two separate platforms and PC has more to offer than just Xbox One games, so why spend the 299$-399$ on an Xbox One when you can spend a bit more and get a gaming PC that will play Xbox one games and PC games?

Also the new 6 Teraflop Xbox is just as useless. It'll probably retail for 599-699$, by holiday 2017 medium gaming PC's will be running 8-10 Teraflop cards.

Is Microsoft trying to destroy their Xbox One platform now? Might as well call the Xbox One the Windows game Machine or something at this point.
>>
File: 130984713343.jpg (8 KB, 248x247) Image search: [Google]
130984713343.jpg
8 KB, 248x247
>>341270130
I'm not defending the Xbox One, but:
>by holiday 2017 medium gaming PC's will be running 8-10 Teraflop cards
>>
>>341270130
>medium gaming PC's will be running 8-10 Teraflop cards
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>341270130
I think its a bad idea. First off most pc gamers dont play anything from microsoft studios. LoL, Dota 2, CS:GO, Hearthstone, WoW and now Overwatch are the biggest games played on pc. PC gamers dont give a shit about the Xbone exclusives so they are just going to use Steam instead of the windows store anyway. Second, why would you spend that much money on the scorpio? It seems like its trying to compete with current gaming pc's but by holiday 2017 it will be outdated and lack the ability to be upgraded. You are better off just buying a pc at that point. It seems like Microsoft didnt think the Xbone could compete with the Ps4 so instead of trying to beat Sony with consoles they decided they would take over the pc market and beat them there. Which is even more foolish if you ask me
>>
>>341270130
It's for the people who think you need an engineering degree to have a desktop PC
>>
>>341270130
Why are you mentioning TFLOPS on /v/?
No body here understands it, and just uses it for marketing purposes with no clear understanding or why it's a good thing.
>>
>>341271763
>>341270130
Why is it so hard for you people to understand that not everyone (majority) don't play games on their computers. The target demographic is the faggots that play consoles. Not that hard.
>>
>>341272407
Ill be honest im not sure what the fuck a TFLOP is but ive never even heard of the term before Microsoft was throwing it around yesterday. Ive been primarily a console gamer until a couple years ago but even my friend who only plays on the PC never even heard of a TFLOP.
>>
>>341273625
Your friend is a retard. Everyone who is knowledgeable about gpu technology knows what a tflop is.
>>
>>341272407
It's not marketing. It's an indication of how much computational power a graphics processor has just like horsepower is an indication of how powerful a car is. The higher the better, generally.
>>
>>341270130
Its cheap, runs the same games and Xbox 360 games. A console if you're into that.
>>
>>341273487
>hey you like console gaming right? Heres this thing called Project Scorpio! It almost costs as much as a gaming pc but its clearly inferior to one! It cannot be upgraded and will be outdated a year after its release but since you like console gaming we assume you would choose the worse of two options

I agree that some people prefer console gaming to pc gaming but at what cost? Consoles have accesibilty and price in their favor but once that price gap closes you are just a moron for choosing a console over a pc
>>
>>341274513
I know it's not marketing, and I know what a flop is.
But when you shout it to a horde of illiterate fan boys just to show your dick is bigger because you have a bigger number, it loses it's significance.
>>
>>341274513
Ive seen TFLOPS compared to miles per gallon. Just because a car gets good mpg it doesnt make it powerful. They said even videocards with high TFLOPS dont necessarily run better than cards with a lesser amount. Many other specs determine that.
>>
I think they're turning xbox hardware into some sort of steam machine.
>>
Look up the software sales numbers. Most people buy consoles for multiplats, not exclusives. All Microsoft is doing is selling games to people already in their ecosystem who were never interested in the Xbox before. If you buy a PC + PS4, Microsoft still wins because you're using Windows. Even if you pirated Windows, Microsoft is STILL winning because piracy prevents free alternatives from gaining ground in the market.
>>
>>341275974
Like with anything in life, it depends on what you use it for.
Here is the reveal of Nvidia's Pascal specs for P100:
"P100 reaches 21.2 teraflops of half-precision (FP16) floating point performance, 10.6 teraflops of single precision (FP32), and 5.3 teraflops (1/2 rate) of double precision"

The card has different rates for different workloads, as it govern by the stress, rate, memory bandwidth and a whole of other important factors.

Just by saying that a card or system has shit loads of flops, doesn't mean jack shit unless you can show how useful it is in the application you are showcasing.
>>
>>341275974
>miles per gallon
no. the closest comparison would be horsepower since in the general sense of the term, the higher the better and it's generally like that when it comes to gpu. cards with higher tlops (computational power) are always better when it comes to compute tasks but that doesn't always translate into game performance. eg the fury x has nearly 9 tflops of compute power but the 980 ti has 6. the 980 ti wins in 90% of games but the fury x destroys it in actual computational tasks. these consoles won't have any of those problems though.

if you want a car comparison i could give you one.
>>
>>341270130
>If you got a gaming PC with windows 10 and all Xbox one games are going to be on PC now, what is the point of owning an xbox one?
Most people don't own a PC more powerful than an Xbox One. If you do, then you don't need one.
Also, Windows 10 is cancer.
>Is Microsoft trying to destroy their Xbox One platform now?
You missed the entire point of what they are trying to do and have resorted to shitposting.
>>
>>341270130

Platform exclusives from third-party developers are cancer.
Microsoft is making the right decision.
>>
>>341270130
Do you fags realize that TFLOPS are an arbitrary calculation that do not necessarily reflect the final performance?

Also, the top end GPU now now barely crack 10Tflops
>>
>>341270130
>It'll probably retail for 599-699$
in your dreams

it will be 4k gaming ready, they literrally said it like that in their own trailer
>>
>>341279916
>it will be 4k gaming ready
after all the deception from both sony and microsoft you really believe it?

Fuck man, think back on how many games on Xbone were downscaled to 960p just to chug along. There will definitely be similar shenanigans
>>
>>341280416
I didn't know about that they are so shady. Well I guess if you say so then they could easily do 30fps 4k which will cost less.
>>
Microsoft are just making the transition back to PCs because they realize they've lost the console market.

There next innovation will probably be that you can connect your xbox to a monitor and jam a mouse and keyboard into it.
>>
>>341278781
This.
>>
>>341281428
You already can though. They're adding mouse and keyboard support.
>>
>>341278781
it's still an exclusive because only on w10

they not trying to please anybody here just get people to install their shitty w10
>>
>>341274106
Lol say what you want but iver never heard the term before and ive never seen anyone use the term here either. When discussing specs on different consoles im suprised i never heard anyone mention the amount of TFLOPS a console has. Seems strange that microsoft is now telling me its a big deal
>>
>>341281428
This children now don't care about consoles.
>>
>>341279916
>>341280416
There are already 9 graphics cards on the market that can run games at 4K 30 FPS, What makes you think that they're aiming for 60fps at all?
>>
>>341281428
yeah exactly, console's are dead. all microsoft needs to do is sell these kids a steambox equivalent running windows 10, throw in a controller and a hdmi cable and market it as an up-gradable console and they'll literally run sony out of the market. welp, can't see anything good coming for sony after any of this.
>>
>>341282540
>When discussing specs on different consoles im suprised i never heard anyone mention the amount of TFLOPS a console has

literally everyone was talking about how the ps4 had higher floating point performance. where do you think the "40% faster than the xbox one" came from.
>>
>>341283721
yeah I forgot we are talking about console manufactors here...

it's hard to turn common sense of when you are born with it
>>
>>341270130

They're unifying both systems under the Windows 10 platform. Xbox is now a facet of Windows 10.

Xbox Ones are essentially prebuilts. The point is that most gamers have no interest in building a gaming PC and a console allows them to have a great experience for cheaper and with fewer complications.

PC allows them to have an even better experience of you're willing and able to maintain a gaming PC. It's really not that complicated.

Consider them one platform and this becomes a lot easier to get. You have the base model Xbox One, the Scorpio and a custom built gaming PC. Each offers a similar experience that gets better as you move up in price.
>>
>>341283943
Nah wont happen. It will be too expensive and parents arent going to spend that kind of money on it. Microsoft knows it as well and thats why they are marketing Scorpio as an ADDITION to the Xbone family instead of saying its the replacement. Somebody posted it earlier but when it comes to consoles for most people brand and price are the most important but for parents its always going to be price. Im going to estimate the scorpio is going to be around 800 bucks. No way parent buy that for their kids when the Xbone Slim is Less than half that much
>>
>>341270130
Windows 10 is a botnet and will sell all your data.
>>
File: 1345_xbox-stark_620x350.jpg (95 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1345_xbox-stark_620x350.jpg
95 KB, 620x350
>>341275350
never underestimate the stupidity of consumers, people pay $100-200 extra for special edition consoles and even more for custom consoles.
this is why Geeksquad is still a thing
>>
Casuals buy consoles
Kids buy consoles

I'll buy my kid a console over a PC.
>>
>>341270130

>buy game from MS store
>MS still gets paid and doesnt have to deal with steam

More money in their pockets. This a company not some fanboy pandering manchild.
>>
Its like asking "why do people buy cars from manufacturers when they can build their own superior car?"

Obviously an enthusiast would build a car as a project, but the average consumer doesn't care to do that. They want the most sleek new product available that has recognition among other average consumers.
>>
>>341285804
it won't be that expensive. according to people who have analysed microsofts 3d render they showed at the end of their conference they're still using an 8 core jaguar cpu or something slightly upgraded from that. the only massive change will be the gpu and ram. they'll be adding 4gb more vram and an rx 490 vega chip which will be available at retail prices for around $350, but naturally microsoft will get it cheaper due to bulk purchases. i'd say the'll drop the xbox one to $250 and sell the new xbox scorpio for $400. the ps4 neo will probably be $350 but also significantly weaker.

it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.
>>
>>341273487
But if someone prefers consoles why wouldn't they just get a ps4 instead since it actually had games including the multiplats
>>
>>341288953
It'll be the next gen of AMD's APUs there's no way the Jaguars aren't going to be bottlenecking a 6tflop GPU, you have to upgrade both.
>>
>>341287921
It's more like "why do people take their car to a mechanic to change their oil when it's cheaper to do it yourself".
>>
>>341289357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3moBYaEYc

they might overclock it or something. i'm not sure.
>>
>>341289015
Because of Halo and Forza and Gears of War and the ability to game with friends who happen to be on PC as well. Also the Xbox One is cheaper now.
>>
I figure the xbox division fucked up so much that the Microsoft told them they will finance them only if they will shil Win10 hard
>>
>>341289591
They can't, AMD isn't even going to make any more of those, the next generation of APUs are going to be 14nm process ones, which is why the Xbox One S is coming out, They literally can't stay on the same CPU, it makes little sense to stay on old architecture when it will cost about the same to move to zen.
>>
a lot of normies don't like pc gaming. they prefer consoles.
>>
>>341270130
Microsoft is trying to position xbox into what steam machines wanted to be and has much better opportunity due to the existing fan base and the death of steam machines. They're keeping it a closed platform and positioning a closed cross-platform ecosystem which eventually they will probably try to drag Valve into.

Microsoft for the first time in a while seems to have a viable fluid future proofing strategy. The idea is to go with the flow, open up when they must and close when they can. Try not to piss off publishers and fans. All the while creating an environment where eventually Sony and PlayStation are an outlier. Obviously they aren't there yet but Sony's exclusives, VR and their install base won't save them
>>
>>341290058
even better then i guess. it'll have a beefier cpu and gpu.
>>
>>341290895
As someone who wastes way too much time on Xbox One I can confirm that the only thing keeping me interested in their stupid shit is double dipping PC titles. Elite Dangerous, Warframe, World of Tanks, and Chivalry are the only reason I keep my gold turned on.
>>
>>341289015
>Singleplayer movie games with 0 replayability
No thanks...
>>
>>341270130
If you have a PC why do you want a peasant console?
>>
>>341292715
>muh tired memes
I guess you can't use "has no games" since xbox took that one huh
>>
>>341293224
because they are cheap and comfy

t. idort
>>
>>341289780
>halo, gears, forza still literally the only selling for the xbox brand for like 6 years now
>>
>>341293727
>Crying about memes. jesus Christ, kid.
>>
>>341270695

you know that the 200$ RX480 will already have 5 teraflop,
A i5 -6600 has 0.5 TF, the integrated gpu on the i5 also has half a terflop. the 6600 is 200$

so yeah even now midrange system already has 6 TF.

If you get a 1070, it has alone 6,7TF.
>>
Xbox definitely One that conference.

Basically, Xbox is to home entertainment what Micheal Jordon was to the NBA. He was so good that the writers got bored with giving him the MVP award. Same thing here. Xbox has won E3 so many times in a row that people want to give PlayStation the award, just to make him feel good.

There's a good reason PC is going out of business and their not going to release a new console. The people working for Xbox rendered Windows obsolete. I guess if you think Disk Defragmenter is a good puzzle game then you can still play that on PC but nearly every good game is on Xbox now.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160614-024552.png (226 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160614-024552.png
226 KB, 1440x2560
>>341294168
No, they're not. They're just an added bonus because people just do not buy consoles for exclusives.
>>
>>341288953
No way its 400. Just listen to the wording they used. "Its an addition to the xbone family." To me that implies its an option. They are marketing the Scorpio as the newest most powerful console on the market with TFLOPS being a major point. The Scorpio has 6 and the Xbone has like 1.5. Why would they release the Scorpio at only a slightly higher price than the Xbone? The Scorpio is not being made to replace the Xbone. Its being marketed as the much higher end model. If the Xbone is 300 im putting the Scorpio at at least the 700-800 range
>>
>>341295198
Heres your (you)
>>
I've mostly used it as a streaming device since I bought it. Now that I get PC copies of any games I buy, that's probably going to continue to be the case.
>>
>>341295202
>b-but people don't care about exclusives
>multiplats only is ok when xbox does it
>durr hurr ps4 haz no gaems
Poor little xcuck in full defense mode
>>
>>341295664
Here's your (One).
>>
>>341296469
>Getting your feelings hurt by internet memes.
twice in the same thread. kek
>>
>>341295273
because that amount of power is cheap to get now. a single $200 video card has 5.5 tflops. you're comparing hardware based on a 28 nm process node to 14nm which is way cheaper and and efficient. it'll be $450 max.
>>
>>341296469
All the games Xbox have worth a damn are on PC and they're not like Sony where they have a mix of east and west so it's kinda sad the Xbox is gonna die off eventually
>>
>>341290058
>They literally can't stay on the same CPU
What are you talking about, of course they can. It's already going to be a custom APU manufactured by Microsoft, nothing is stopping them from sticking with Jaguar, going to Jaguar's immediate successor Puma, or going straight to something larger like Zen, assuming Zen isn't too power hungry.
>>
>>341297710
>People unironically think this
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.