[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda U hype thread What are your expectations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: link.jpg (129 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
129 KB, 800x450
Zelda U hype thread
What are your expectations?
>>
>>341267375
Horseback riding for 30 minutes until dungeon/plot
>>
>>341267375
I feel like I'm the only one who's actually hyped
>>
>>341267375
At this point, I am expecting Nintendo to completely fail. I don't want it to happen, I love Ninty, but they certainly haven't proven that they have their shit together.

I WANT them to completely blow my mind, but I'm not expecting anything at this point.
>>
>>341267632
It's hard to get hyped for the inferior version
>>
BASIC boring combat (spam arrows at glowing weak points, no headshot distinction, one button mashing swordplay) and an open world so empty it makes you question whether or not zelda was ever good to begin with.
>>
It's probably going to be them running around an empty, overly large overworld.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm probably going to give up on the series for good if I don't like what I see
>>
>>341267375
i want to get lost in the fucking forest
>>
>>341267768
The sad thing is this would still be better than anything shown at E3 so far.
>>
-Boring overworld.
-NPCs that say or do nothing. Just there for decoration.
-Exposition fairy. Last game was your sword, so maybe it's your bow this time.
-Awful combat. It wouldn't be a 3D Zelda gsme without combat that's unsatisfying
-Puzzles. This is a given for modern Legend of Zelda
-Enemies that are non-threatening.
>>
>>341269598
>Puzzles. This is a given for modern Legend of Zelda
It's a given for any Zelda game ya dingus
>>
>>341270132
Traditional Legend of Zelda wasn't about puzzles you retard. LttP was the game that started the series on that slippery slope. Dungeon crawling in the first two games was structured differently; now it's go into a room, solve puzzle, repeat.

I must applaud Nintendo for successfully constructing this narrative that the series was always about puzzles.
>>
>At least one crash
>wooden, clearly scripted "banter" between presenters
>intentionally steering away from points of interest or intentionally taking things very slowly to fill time without actually showing anything
>more focus on amiibo support features than the actual game
>>
>>341270820
I didn't say that all Zelda games are ABOUT puzzles, I said that it's a given that they will be present. You seem very bitter.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.