[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you buy Neon Genesis Evangelion (Nintendo 64, 1999, Ban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: EvaN64.jpg (106 KB, 395x551) Image search: [Google]
EvaN64.jpg
106 KB, 395x551
Would you buy Neon Genesis Evangelion (Nintendo 64, 1999, Ban Dai) if it was released on the Virtual Console for $10?
>>
wasn't even aware there was a game, is it worth it if you've never played?
>>
File: Eva642.jpg (26 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
Eva642.jpg
26 KB, 350x254
>>341265679

It's the closest you'll get to an actual Evangelion video game.
It's worth it if you're a fan of the series, and also one of the games that boast the best graphics of the entire 5th gen.
>>
Evangelion is literally the most overrated thing in the whole universe
>>
>>341266172
>an eva video game is the closest i'll get to an eva video game
No shit?
>>
10 bucks? eh probably not
>>
>>341266556
Haha wow anon, that's such a funny and cool contrarian opinion. You totally fit in now.
>>
>>341266556
ur the dumbest thing in the whole universe
you donut
>>
File: eva59034T.jpg (348 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
eva59034T.jpg
348 KB, 1280x1280
>>341266683

There are more out there. Girlfriend of Steel, 2nd Impact, Battle Orchestra, Evangelions2.
But NGE on N64 is the one that most closely resembles the actual series (even though it skips some of the battles, like Gaghiel or Ireul)
>>
Friendly reminder that NGE Battle Orchestra on the PS2 is a pretty fun game.

Playing story mode on hard is a bit bullshit because your AI partners die quickly fail and the mission. Playing as Jet Alone in survival mode is pretty funny though.
>>
Yes.
>>
I remember playing this on an emulator a long time back, realizing it was shit and then not playing it.

It plays as convoluted as Eva's plot.
>>
>>341268474
EXPLAIN
>>
>>341268596
It's basically just push some buttons, watch a cinematic, push some more buttons, watch a cinematic.

The problem is you don't know what buttons to push unless you know Japanese. It's not really a fighting game or action game it's a QTE game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOPl9WBQIU

The graphics are great for N64 along with fully voiced dialog I'll give it that.
>>
File: eva6403.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
eva6403.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>341269129

The gameplay actually makes sense once you get the hang of it, and not all missions play the same. It's not a great game though, it's mostly fanservice for fans of the series, as a game is probably mediocre, but playable.

The combat/fighting ones are all about pulling off special attacks, and that's done by 1) breaking the enemy's A.T. Field and 2) increasing your synch ratio.
At the core, the gameplay is very similar to the Super Famicom Ultraman game, also by Ban Dai.
Some other missions include QTEs, aiming precision, etc.

Emulation of this game is pretty crude though, did you make it through the whole game?
>>
YES
>thread
>>
>>341269798
This was so long ago that the only thing I remember is something about trying to get my Synch percentage up or something.

I knew nothing about EVA back then but have been watching the series a bit here and there. I played it for about 15 minutes back in 2000 and then promptly quit it.

I still remember how mediocre it seemed. Perhaps if I understood the mechanics I could have got some fun out of it but even then the language barrier plus no knowledge of the show stopped that.

It's one of those games that would only make sense if you read an in depth guide plus a english translation script and at that point it just seems like work to me. But hey, if someone's a fan of Eva go for it.
>>
>>341265558
Why would I do that when I can just buy Xenogears from the store.

;_;
>>
>>341266556
not before Lovecraft
>>
Yes, looks underground as fuck.
>>
File: fgfdg.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fgfdg.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>341270483

It's really not that bad once you know the basic controls for the battle scenes.

The only missions I keep having trouble with is the Arael mission (the one you have to aim the Longinus spear into space). It's hard as fuck even with the real N64 controller.

I think the best part of the game is the Eva-02 vs Eva Series mission, which is at the end and actually not accessible on your first playthrough. You need to beat the game first on the default difficulty, to unlock a harder one that will let you play Mission 12.5 (otherwise it ends when the Eva series arrive, just like in Death and Rebirth).
And then there's Mission 13, which is unlocked on the hardest difficulty, and it has Shinji with the awkened winged Eva-01 fighting against the Eva series, the ending of this game is actually different from EoE because of that
>>
>>341266556
Im pretty sure "pretentious" is the hot buzzword of the hour anon, what with Death Stranding and all.

Which is funny because Kojima makes it look like the Cross symbolism might actual be important.

I love the Eva hatebase, they manage to be more retarded than the fan base by sheer luck .

Actual Symbols in Eva: Hands, Dolls, Glasses, Walkman, Kaworu(as plot devoce)
>>
File: img_5.jpg (403 KB, 389x600) Image search: [Google]
img_5.jpg
403 KB, 389x600
All I want is a Berserk Eva-01 figure but they're like $50 on ebay.
>>
>>341265558
Yes
>>
File: eva642.webm (2 MB, 718x514) Image search: [Google]
eva642.webm
2 MB, 718x514
>>341277126
Shit, I want one now, too.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.