[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to play pic related for the first time. What am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Megamanbattlenetwork_boxshot.jpg (43 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Megamanbattlenetwork_boxshot.jpg
43 KB, 320x320
I'm about to play pic related for the first time.
What am I in for?
>>
A fairly unpolished game with a good framework
>>
>>341252634
fantastic game that gets improved greatly in future games
>>
Yokai watch: unretarded version
>>
File: 2cuteMayl.jpg (248 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
2cuteMayl.jpg
248 KB, 565x800
>>341252634
The beginning of a great series! Plenty of great characters and catchy music.
Have fun!
>>
>>341252634
A lot of wondering around empty cyberspace.
>>
A flat story and rough gameplay concept. Skip to 2.
>>
I see no problem with just starting with the sequel. Pretty sure it's much better. I started with 3, though.
>>
Grab some fucking maps.
>>
>>341252634
10/10 missions sandwiched between 3/10 chores

Stick with the series though, it gets better from here
>>
>>341255108
this. i got so fucking lost in this game as a kid.
>>
I'd suggest you start with 2, as it feels actually fleshed out and overall better in any way than 1, 1 feels, idk, like a glorofied prototype. and if you really like it move on to 3 and so on(avoid 4, chech out 4.5 if you want)

If between those you want to the first game just for the story or how the sries began then it's not a bad choice.
>>
>>341252823
got it in 1
Everything this game does the sequels do dramatically better, but even BN1 is worth playing.

It's kind of a weird cross between card battling and real time action RPG, with a flavor from monster games since you have to "catch" enemie's cards. The battle system is GOTY and hasn't been done properly since.
>>
Fun!

Until Iceman's stage.

Nobody likes sliding ice puzzles.

But still, a lot of fun!

Holy fuck I loved MMBN1.
>>
OP, don't listen to this faggot >>341255495

Play 1. If you like it, play 2. If you like 2, play 3. Continue.
>>
>>341257571
if he continues with that pattern, he'll get to 4 right after 3 and it'll suck a ton of dick
>>
>>341257752
This. I tried something similar with Starforce and regretted playing 2.
>>
What bugs me is that it's known LAN has saved the world multiple times, but the start of each game is the same tutorial. Like everyone forgot what he did.
>>
>>341257427
I love sliding ice puzzles.
>>
>>341258359

>Saved the world in 1, Network Transmission, 2, 3, 4, probably 4.5 and BCC I don't remember I never finished them, 5, and 6, totaling from 7 to 9 times
>Hey look it's Chaud, the young ace netbattler! Oh and Lan but who cares.

Actually saying Lan saved the world even 10 times is somewhat of an exaggeration, considering the multiple scenarios in each game, like when he saved half the entire world in 4 from a raging blizzard because some retard was too stupid to take off his giant winter jacket.
>>
>>341259895

>is somewhat of an exaggeration

I meant understatement.
>>
File: EXE_MMBN_Temp.png (244 KB, 379x454) Image search: [Google]
EXE_MMBN_Temp.png
244 KB, 379x454
>>341252634
Play 1, ignore everyone that say "skipped it".
>>
>>341255108
>OSS has maps on lower screen along with more QoL changes
>it never gets translated

Fucking hell
>>
File: 1465373718588.jpg (65 KB, 1044x585) Image search: [Google]
1465373718588.jpg
65 KB, 1044x585
POWER
PLANT
>>
OP here, just beat FireMan.

Enjoying it so far.
>>
>>341260796
Just remember that every BN games have THAT part. In case of 1, just bare with it. I say this so when you play 2, it will be a fucking blast.
>>
>>341252634
http://www.interordi.com/mega_man_pc/games/mmbn1/

Here are maps. You're welcome.
>>
A whole lot of fun.

Battle Network was the best Mega Man series imo.
>>
We've been having a fair number of BN threads lately huh?

Not that I mind. I loved this series as a kid. Personally speaking it's my favorite, if not second favorite.
>>
>>341261374
It is the 15th anniversary of the series this year.

I started replaying them without even knowing that. Beat BN1 and Network Transmission so far. At the end of BN2 now with Fire Custom style.

Hyped as shit for BN3. Also I don't have the link right at this moment but there are patches to turn your roms into the WiiU version of the games.

Meaning you get all the multiplayer shit for free so you can still 100% the game.
>>
>>341261374
I just watched bafael play through the whole series on twitch
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.