[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New DoW III gameplay trailer >https://youtu.be/aEQM9sbQ4f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
New DoW III gameplay trailer
>https://youtu.be/aEQM9sbQ4fk

To me it seems that they combined elements of both 1 and 2, but incorporated their worst aspects into it
>basebuilding is in, but it seems even more pointless than in 1
>the elite units seem to be gamechangers, so you retreating them will be always better than risking death
>non-hero units appear to have very little customization and adaptability, require mass numbers to achieve something

To me it seems they took the merry go round of retreating from 2, the horrible massive blob engagements of bigger games in 1 and made them something that will always happen, not just under special circumstances.

Then there is the completely meh artstyle and the weeb shit animations of hero units. And I'd personally much more prefer if the Marines got some badass tank, like the Land Raider Terminus Ultra, than Knights.
>>
>that hammer-spinning
Why?
>>
>>341250423
Nobody cares about the glorified troop transport with token heavy weapons, not even GW
>>
>that shit tier dialogue at the start

should I bother watching the rest
>>
>>341250423
looks good
>inb4 butthurt blizzcuck come in and cry because their dead game is dead
>>
>>341251135
>Like Starcraft
>Like DoW
>Not crying over either

For what purpose?

>>341250423
>Chapter Master Angelos

SEQUEL TO RETRIBUTION CONFIRMED!
>>
>>341251035
True and admittedly it would be much harder to balance if it was Land Raider v Gargant v Wraith Knight. But it would still be cool.
>>
base-building is trash, especially when it works more or less the same for all faction. If they cant be arsed to put enough effort to actually make it a meaningful feature, that varies just as much between races as their units do, then they simply should bother
>>
>>341251693
Fucking love the Obsidian knight! He hates the Tau just like me.
>>
>>341251889
As is only right and logical
>>
It's not exactly new it came out yesterday most people have already seen it and it's shit.

>Fucking Gabriel Angelos doing a front flip in fucking terminator armor
>Cartoony moba graphics style
>Shit framerate
>Rubish clunky animations
>Awful voice acting
>Boring shit gameplay, no cover system
>Shit base building, if I remember correctly there will be no defensive buildings, no turrets, no walls nothing

As a huge 40k fan, I really wanted this to be good. For years I've been googling dawn of war 3 hoping to hear something. But this is just shit, I am disappointed.
>>
>>341252536
Is the Obsidian Knight the representation of the fandom collective hatred for the Tau?
>>
>>341250423
So it looks like the game will be based around rushing to the big overpowered room clearing shit while the normal units are just filler as you work towards that point

Are we ever going to get another RTS where all units are useful throughout?
>>
File: Adeptus Mechanicus - Knights.jpg (418 KB, 1500x1485) Image search: [Google]
Adeptus Mechanicus - Knights.jpg
418 KB, 1500x1485
>>341252758
Figured, but I wasn't on until now. Wanted to see if /v/'s opinion changed.
Last bump
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.