[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everything related to Berserk that isn't the manga itself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: zerk-1-770x470.png (122 KB, 770x470) Image search: [Google]
zerk-1-770x470.png
122 KB, 770x470
Everything related to Berserk that isn't the manga itself always ends up in disappointment.

Will it be different this time?
>>
>>341226234
Manga gets more disappointing the more you read it
>>
I don't know why people complain about the movies. Other than the shitty CGI, I thought they were actually a really good adaptation. Much better than the original anime. Then again, I like the new evangelion movies so I don't understand you spergs at all.

On the topic of the game, I really don't think that its a good match for the Berserk series. I've always felt like a Souls clone is the sort of game required to do the series justice. Miyazaki would probably even be keen to make it. Oh well, I'll take what I'm given I guess.
>>
It's a Musou so no. Into the trash it goes having ammount to NOTHING except further delaying the manga
>>
>>341226506
Maybe Musou for hordes and Soulslike for bosses, because Guts giving a fuck about regular mooks doesn't really fit. He mows down hordes like it's nothing.
>>
>>341227026
Obviously you can't just switch gameplay styles completely like that, but yeah, I agree that guts shouldn't have too much trouble for 1v1s with generic enemies. It'd obviously need to be a slightly altered souls clone, but on the whole I think the souls gameplay works well for the berserk universe.
>>
>>341226506
>Cut out Guts calling Griffith a homo
>Cut out most of the Hawk moments
>Cut out Guts getting blacked
>Cut out Guts having sever intimacy issues
>Cut out gay water fight
>Cut out Griffith killing the queen
>Cut out Griffith selling his own ass
The Eclipse looked good at least
>>
>>341226234
Except that it had a pretty good anime and a few good games you fucking newfag
>>
>>341227308
The souls gameplay does not work well for the Berserk universe.
>>
>>341226234

The show gave us some godlike music, the movies provided incredibly well-animated and graphic sex scenes, as well as a pretty good non-manga ball scene.

I quite liked both the show and the 3rd movie.Though comparing it to OPM and JoJo's adaptations it really blueballs you on how much potential was wasted.
>>
>>341227537
Movies have different pacing to a manga mate. The first anime adaptation kept most of that garbage in and it was paced horribly. The new films are much better paced and cover the key moments well.

The Monster anime adaptation had the same problem. It adapted every single fucking scene from the manga. Except, whilst you could look at a couple of pictures in the manga and be done with a scene, in the animated version you have to watch several minutes of footage. It just makes everything so fucking long and drawn out.

I think it's nearly impossible to enjoy an adaptation of something you like to another storytelling medium, because they need to change the pace to accommodate the new medium.
>>
>>341227939
>Though comparing it to OPM and JoJo's adaptations it really blueballs you on how much potential was wasted.
How can this be though, I thought Berserk was really popular over in Japan. Is this one of those "IP is owned by a shitty company" scenarios like it used to be the case with the Spidey movies?
>>
>>341227939
I actually think that OPM, Jojo and Watamote are rare examples of cartoons that were better than their source material.
>>
File: arc.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
arc.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>341226506
My only complaint about the anime adaptions is that they never get past the fucking Eclipse. I don't know why they refuse to do the full Black Swordsman or Conviction Arcs, is it really so much to ask for?

>>341227026
>>341227308
>>341227690
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Berserk bosses (at least Apostoles) should play more like Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter than Souls. Maybe sped up to near-DMC level speeds, but that's what's needed.
>Pic related for Guts vs Rosine
>>
>>341228916
>berserk started almost 30 years ago
>golden arc puts you in perspective and is completely required to understand who is guts and why is he like that
>make golden arc which will span at least a season
>people gets bored
>does badly
>cancelled

the curse of berserk
>>
>>341228916
They're literally making a new adaptation of the other arcs right now. Too bad its shitty CG that looks like an early ps3 game from 2006.
>>
>>341229284
Well shit, I'm out of touch. Having said that:
>3-4 years for a sequel that should have been a given out the gate
Fucking hell. At least based Susumu is back.
>>
I liked the movies desu. CG aside, that arm ripping animation was fucking based
>>
>>341228369
>Cartoons
Nigga what?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.