[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What PS4 games are you excited about bros? Currently I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1460655644536.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460655644536.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
What PS4 games are you excited about bros? Currently I'm hyped for

>Death Standing
>Nier 2
>Spidey
>Yakuza 0
>Persona 5
>The Last Guardian
>Gravity Rush 2
>Crash remasters
>FFVII remake

I'm on the fence for

>Horizon
>God of The Last of Us
>Nioh

Overall looks like the next year will be pretty great.
>>
>>341222487
>God of The Last of Us

Haven't been following E3, what is this?
>>
>>341222710
They turned God of War into TLoU.

A lot of people didn't like the old GoW games, but at the very least they had their own identity and weren't really like anything else.
>>
Gonna buy Nioh and Horizon most likely.

On the fence about the skyrim remaster, I only played through the fighters guild (whatever they were called) and the godawful civil war questlines in the original, plenty of content still to play through.
>>
The good:
Death Stranding
NierA
Spiderman
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Crash
Nioh
Horizon

The bad:
Become Human
Days Gone

What the fuck?:
God of War
>>
Nier
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
The Last Guardian
Ace Combat 7
Yakuza 0
Tekken 7
King of Fighters 14
Fate/Extella
Tales of Berseria
Dragon Quest 11
Horizon
Spiderman
Death Stranding

I'm not sure if it's safe to buy a PS4 right now. The existence of a stronger model doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the chances of devs being too lazy to properly optimize for the original.
>>
File: 1464461130617.png (1 MB, 876x816) Image search: [Google]
1464461130617.png
1 MB, 876x816
>people complained about kratos' character being shit due to him being angry all the time
>new GoW attempts to add some character to the protagonist by having his son be a part of the game
>gameplay demo shows a vertical slice of this
>people jump to conclusions and assume the entire game will be him and his son hunting and call it a last of us clone
>>
File: 1465782863407.gif (2 MB, 337x268) Image search: [Google]
1465782863407.gif
2 MB, 337x268
>>341222487
>>341222919
>God of The Last of Us

No they did not.
You're just making that association because on the snow/hunt from TLoU, that is it. They seem much more inspired by the weighted movement/combat of Dark Souls with the cinematic flair of God of War on top.

Out of touch by a light year as usual /v/ holy shit.

God of the Last of US... fucking retard.
>>
>>341224273
Literally this, anon, ty
Don't get me wrong, when I was younger, the God of War games were my shit
Not too complicated of an action game to get into, enjoyable, albeit not entirely relatable "RAWR IMMA KILL MY DAD AND ALL HIS FRIENDS BECAUSE RAGE" story and amazing set pieces, to say the least of why I loved them
but about 2/3rds of the way through the GoWIII remaster I was playing last year I just, stopped playing entirely
his character never once showed any signs of relatable progression, even throughout three entire fucking games
two generations removed of storytelling since the original games story began, that shit won't cut it for AAA, and I for one welcome a new God of War like the one shown if it means we actually see some CHARACTERIZATION happen
>>
>>341224823
Well the '[insert name] discovered' and 'knowledge increased' seem weird for a series like GoW, I don't think they have ever put that in previous games. I'd like the old killing shit and sucking orbs into my body.
Also dat Rage of Spartan, what the fuck was they thinking?
>>
>>341224823
It's actually COMPLETELY God of TLOU you fucking queer.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.