[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The PC release will come sometime after the as-yet untit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: scr.png (469 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
scr.png
469 KB, 1024x768
>The PC release will come sometime after the as-yet untitled game launches for PlayStation 4. In a Q&A published to Medium by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's community manager, Sony declined to say how long the PS4's timed exclusivity will last. Notably, it also declined to say who will own the game's copyright.

>Sony also is not investing in Kojima Productions, so it doesn't belong in Sony's stable of worldwide development studios. The size of the contract Kojima Productions signed with Sony also isn't specified, other than its cost is already incorporated into Sony's financial picture.

Source: http://archive.is/JRLEZ

Reminder that Kojima has won, even after Konami abandoned him
And that it is not in fact a Playstation exclusive so it's never "never ever"
>>
>Dec. 16th, 2015
>>
>>341219106
>The PC release will come sometime after the as-yet untitled game launches for PlayStation 4

Too bloody right.

Let them have their period of exclusivity if they think it will help peddle a few more console sales. The important thing is that they're actually at least going to make some money on PC afterwards.

Exclusivity might sell hardware but it comes at the expense of the developers losing out on sales.
>>
I think things have changed. At the time it was just a Sony partnership but in the intervening 7 months they have seen the public support and love for Kojima and know that is a huge draw so they stepped up their partnership into a full funding/publisher deal and made it PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>341220470
>no source
okay
>>
>>341220552
>Delusions

It's fine if you want to hold out hope, but don't be stupid about it.
>>
>>341219106
>eventually
a year ago... things change pc friend
>>
>>341220452
>PC
>sales

HA
>>
>>341220470
Trailer and conference didn't say PS4 exclusive though.
>>
>>341220552

>Gladly and openily admit it's coming to PC 7 months ago
>Now they have the claim of a PC version removed from the interview and clearly show it to be an SIE (That's the new name for SCEA, who haven't had one of their published games put on PC since the PS1 days) game along with Cerny, another Sony employee.

Clearly things changed, if the situation was exactly the same today, they would be just as freely saying there is a PC version.
>>
>>341220834
>now they have the claim

Wasn't it taken down quite literally the next day?
>>
>>341220834
>no source
okay
>>
File: 1465878432716.png (600 KB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465878432716.png
600 KB, 840x1200
>>341221125
Actually, without taking sides in this silly pissing contest, what he's saying in that post is true.

It wasn't known exactly what role Sony were playing when they unveiled him in December, but everyone assumed that this new project was partially funded (To keep it off the Xbone, basically) for console exclusivity, hence the community manager referring to a PC version in that Q&A that was taken down the next day in OP's article; it wasn't known before today that SIE are publishing it. Also Mark Cerny is credited on those posters that were released today.
>>
File: Fm8N4zv.gif (134 KB, 505x680) Image search: [Google]
Fm8N4zv.gif
134 KB, 505x680
By the time this releases, I'll have the PS4K and I'll be perfectly fine playing Hideo's game at upscaled 4K (which looks almost as good as my native 2560x1440 PC games)

I don't mind consoles as long as they don't hold me back TOO much, but I'll certainly buy it on PC too (because you know, I'm getting the inevitable collector's edition).
>>
Not true at all, funded and co-developed by Sony. The trailer indicates this. Things have changed, it's 100% first party exclusive.
>>
>>341220452
>at least going to make some money on PC afterwards
maybe a forth of what it will sell on PS4
maybe
>>
File: ricer.jpg (48 KB, 468x477) Image search: [Google]
ricer.jpg
48 KB, 468x477
Also I don't think Kojima is a fan of the PC platform but I think he recognizes the importance of it due to digital archival.

Look at MGS4, if someone wants to play it, they have to have a PS3 or wait for the Cell to be emulated on PC. Meanwhile, I can play games from 1991 without issue.
>>
>>341221125
>SCEA
There's your source you fucking retard. SCEA is a first party publisher and development partner. There was no mention of this back then. As the game started taking shape, Sony probably committed to paying for full exclusivity, and so SCEA is now in the mix.
>>
>>341219106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkwMG5el7oI
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.