[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked this up lads. Tell me what I'm in for. I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: dishonored_goty_BoxArt.jpg (175 KB, 580x667) Image search: [Google]
dishonored_goty_BoxArt.jpg
175 KB, 580x667
Just picked this up lads. Tell me what I'm in for.
I was promised a cross between Ass Creed and Bioshock.
>>
it's an insult to dishonored to compare it to ass creed
>>
You get a pretty great superhero game that follows in the vein of LGS titles
>>
>>341200038
A pretty boring game that tries to convince you to not have fun.
>>
>>341200038
Its fun for the 1st 2 hours, then you unlock skills and all challenge/difficulty/fun is gone
>>
>>341200038
Bioshock 1 with very bad pacing.
>>
>>341200038
It's a smooth game
It's a hella smooth game
try it for yourself you'll see what I mean
>>
Imagine a stealth game with noclip on. Also you're god.
>>
pretty fun game
lots of ways to do shit and lots of collectables
>>
Any idea when the definitive edition for consoles is coming out? There seems to be no hint at reverse compatibility for xbox, and I want an excuse to play the game again. Already did everything on PC.
>>
Thiefshock
>>
>>341201472
>>341201046
Do the powers really break the game?
I'm sure I don't have to say, but I got it after watching the sequal's reveal yesterday, and the powers looked a little OP.
>>
>>341201723
Yes the game is easy. You should never die.
>>
>>341201723
The game is actually designed around the powers, but if you know where the mana potions are, you can blink like mad and get missions done in a few minutes. But like I said, it'd require you to have already played the game through once.
>>
>>341200038
It's a good game with a great plot. Assassin's creed is shit compared to this.
>>
>>341200038
Play in high chaos then turn off the game before the epilogue
>>
File: 1465162233644.jpg (21 KB, 258x322) Image search: [Google]
1465162233644.jpg
21 KB, 258x322
>>341200038
>Owns the game
>Able to start playing it right now and form his own opinion
>Chooses to come on 4chan to ask for advice on how to feel about it
Anon, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>341201173
No it's better then bioshock
>>
>>341200038

I'd tell you to check out the "Ultimate difficulty mod", but I guess you can't really do that on the console version.
>>
>>341201662
wtf dude it's been out on xbone and ps4 for awhile now.
>>
>>341201947
Take your shipping bullshit to tumblr
>>
I'd strongly recommend playing on the hardest difficulty and disabling most of the HUD elements. The game is way too easy.
>>
>>341202963
So there's just no reverse compatibility? I play xbone with several /vg/ people who all want it, and nobody has said it was a thing.
>>
>>341200038
DEEPEST LORE
>>
You already bought it, just play it
>>
>>341200898
Once you get a low chaos run done with saves at the start of each level, you can just fuck around doing all sorts of crazy shit with all the powers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T2bQU7veCc

Also, the DLC is arguably better than the main game, though I love the cathouse and Lady Boyle missions just for the many options you have to beat them.
>>
>>341205181
>Once you get a low chaos run done with saves at the start of each level, you can just fuck around doing all sorts of crazy shit with all the powers.
That's too much effort. It should be fun from the beginning. Nonlethal stealth doesn't have to suck. See MGS3, Deus Ex 1.
>>
>>341205623
the nonlethal stealth in both those games were shit though
>>
>>341205623
I agree, there should've been more non-lethal options, like a blackjack for knocking people out instead of the blade and some other tricks to just incapacitate foes.

That said, I never get tied of stopping time, possessing someone and making them walk in front of their own bullet.
>>
File: collpoppa.jpg (19 KB, 194x300) Image search: [Google]
collpoppa.jpg
19 KB, 194x300
>>341200898
This
>All these cool and interesting ways to infect, kill and fight your enemies
>Punishes you for using 80% of your powers because its bad to kill people
Shit fucking sucks.
>>
>>341200038
Play it yourself faggot
>>
>>341206138

The only real punishment I can think of for going high-chaos is Samuel treating you like shit and trying to give you away at the start of the last mission.
>>
>>341206483
It's installing now
Anything I should know going in?
>>
>>341207923
close this thread and play the fucking game
>>
>>341202210
maybe he hasn't gone home yet?
>>
>>341207923
That you can be cuhrayzee. Play it like Thief, though.
>>
>>341200038
an unrewarding stealth experience

a rewarding successor to bioshock
>>
>>341206827
There's no repercussions to your actions until the last mission anyway, but there's no golden age in the ending if you go high chaos
>>
>>341200038
To me it feels like the closest another game has come to replicating Deus Ex
>>
>>341207923
There are special, non-lethal ways to eliminate most of your targets. Sometimes you only get the information on how to do this during the mission itself.

Upgrade Blink first, since you'll be using that for most of the game, regardless of your playstyle.

You can use the heart on most of the key characters in them game, which gives you some stuff on their backstory, though nothing too useful.

There are 3 Lady Boyles and your target is a different one each time you play the mission. Finding out which is which is the key to the mission.
>>
>>341203019
4chan is tumblr
>>
Thanks for all the advice, playing it now. I didn't realize how far Bethesda could come in a few short years, because this one is giving me some aged vibes.
>>
>>341210202
>aged vibes
but it has the best movement system of any Bethesda game, is it because you are playing it on an older console or something?
>>
Is there any available gameplay footage of Dishonored 2 that doesn't have that annoying stuttering?

>>341210202
It's made by Arkane. Bethesda is just the publisher. Also what's aged about it? I mean it does look like shit on last gen consoles (and was behind in graphics even when it was released) but it's designed to feel like Thief, which had amazing movement. And it's got more freedom in gameplay than a lot of games these days.
>>
Just a reminder if you finish the game in less than 20 hours you didn't really play it. You have to read every book 3 times and only walk at the slowest pace everywhere.
>>
>>341210671
I mean graphically mostly, but yeah must be older console feel. Movement feels really fluid though, so feels great
>>
>>341210202
It's not made by Bethesda. It's why it's so good.
The two studios share a love of Thief, though, so they booked Garret for the sequel.
>>
>>341210991
A lot of that is the low resolution and no aa on last gen consoles. I remember when Dishonored was initially shown at E3 and at various times they showed off both the console version and PC version and there was a very large difference, both in visuals and framerate. Though even on PC that game is very low end and behind a lot of other games. I could run it maxed at a solid 60 fps with 4x ssaa on a 670 when it came out.
>>
>>341208974
Is a non lethal takedown worth more than a kill? Is it like MGS where I get bonuses for not killing?
>>
>>341212384
Other than the Low/High Chaos thing, there's no real benefit to non-lethal over lethal, though there are lethal methods to destroying bodies like with rats. The game does stress that the more you rely on lethal dispatches, the 'darker' the game becomes, with more infected and more rats appearing.

With the targets however, you often get bonuses for dealing with them non-lethally or sparing certain characters. These are often runes or money.
>>
>>341212384
In Dishonored 1 there's a chaos system with low chaos and high chaos. If you go around killing everyone you'll get high chaos and this is counted on a per level basis and if you rack up enough chaos it starts putting more guards around you to kill, more plague victims, and Emily starts going insane and you'll get the "bad" ending.

In 2 it's a lot more nuanced. Harvey explained it in one of Gameinformer's videos.
>>
Honestly you don't even really need to worry about going nonlethal unless you don't care about achievements. As long as you aren't specifically trying to kill absolutely everyone you see it's pretty easy to get low chaos, just play it like the stealth game it is rather than an action game.

While we're on the topic of action though, anyone excited for what appears to be a dark messiah-esque combat system in dishonored 2?
>>
>>341212869
>>341212805
Cheers mates
>>
>>341213710
Can I kick people?
Can I kick EVERYONE?
>>
>>341213971
The gameplay video showed Emily kicking someone off a ledge but we're not sure if it's a specific move, or sliding from the first game, or something else.
>>
Play blink only
>>
>>341201046
You do know the game doesn't force you to use powers right? You can straight up just not use them if you don't want to.
>>
>>341214320
Some people don't like gimping themselves like that. Harvey Smith did say that in 2 you can outright refuse the Outsider's powers, meaning you have no powers for the entire run, which should be a better solution than just trying to ignore them.
>>
>I have this game in my hands. Now what do I do?
>I guess I could play it and form an opinion for myself.
>No, I'd better go on /v/ and start a meaningless thread asking people to tell me what to think.
Your post is shit and I will dream of your death.
>>
>>341213971
There was kicking and the stabbing forward power attack, power attacks also seemed to stagger and kicking will finally be able to work without ridiculously placed spike walls due to the vertical falls.
>>341214103
There wasn't a prompt for the kick, so I doubt it's a finisher, and it was from a stand still, so it wasn't a slide. It's definitely going to work the same way slide did, but that was basically kicking.
>>
File: 1442875129097.png (249 KB, 403x346) Image search: [Google]
1442875129097.png
249 KB, 403x346
>>341214457
>Harvey Smith did say that in 2 you can outright refuse the Outsider's powers, meaning you have no powers for the entire run, which should be a better solution than just trying to ignore them
SAUCE
>>
Instead of listening to any of these fags just watch this guy's gameplay. Seriously everyone here is a bitch.
https://youtu.be/DhLcm3uPCME
>>
>>341214682
He said it on his Twitter, I saw a screenshot in one of the earlier threads on here.
>>
To be honest I don't see high chaos as a punishment, you get more difficult enemies to fight and the final mission is way better in high chaos than low chaos. Plus you get to use all your abilities playing a fun Dark Messiah spinoff instead of being restricted to an easy, uninteresting speedrunning game.
>>
It's a fun game with a really interesting setting, but the story and the characters are garbage.
With that in mind, have fun with it.
>>
>>341214715
>game doesnt let you do any of that fancy shit if you want the good ending
Blink and highjump were alot of fun but this stuff is another level
>>
>>341215027
>No such thing as another playthrough
I mean if you want to treat it as an rpg sure whatever but if it's a game to you then you might as well have fun.
>>
>>341215212
I only played through it once on the free weekend on steam and never bought it
probably will when it goes on sale with the DLC
>>
>>341215212
The people complaining don't want to play the game twice, they just want to complain that you don't get the flowers and sunshine ending if you go out of your way to murder everyone.
>>
Do I have to walk behind someone to sneak up on them? Seems I keep getting caught to easily, can't sneak up from a 90* angle. Playing on hard
>>
>>341215309
It's free right now if you preorder dishonored 2 if you like what you see enough to justify a purchase.
>>
>>341205181
pshhh... nothin personnel... kid...
>>
>>341215010
this desu. recently picked up the same as in OP and have been making my way through it. having a lot of fun going nonlethal no detection and the world/lore is really cool. The story is basic/shallow as fuck though and I don't give a fuck about any of the characters because of how shallow they are
>>
>>341200038
Remember when people thought this would be the spiritual sequel to Deus Ex?
>>
>>341216328
I remember more about it being a Thief successor than anything. Didn't turn out to be that but it's closer than Deus Ex.
>>
>>341214320
If I have to gimp myself to make a game hard, the game is poorly made.

Call of Duty is hard if my just run around with a pistol.
>>
>>341216530
Yes, thankfully we got THI4F as the true sequel Thief fans wanted and deserved.
>>
>>341216909
I'm not saying Thiaf is better if that's what you got from my post, just that Dishonored isn't a Thief game even if they share similarities. It's still a hell of a lot better as a Thief game than Thief 4 is though.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.