[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post YFW only Kojima can get away with movie games because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 269x187
Post YFW only Kojima can get away with movie games because of his autistic following

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Because he doesn't aim to make average Hollywood movies and he seperates gameplay from cinematics.
>>
File: 1409534500145.png (37 KB, 684x523) Image search: [Google]
1409534500145.png
37 KB, 684x523
He gets away with it because he actually makes interesting plots and stuff take Makes You ThinkĀ®.
>>
>>341197542
>he doesn't aim to make average Hollywood movies
You're right because his movies are all fucking C-tier garbage.

>muh pretentious nekkid baby and man
>KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS
>KOJIMA DESIGNER
>KOJIMA PRODUCED
>KNOW MY NAME - KOJIMA

It's all marketing and you fags fell for it
>>
>>341197639
>MGS
>interesting plot

WHAT
>>
weeb fucking shits, sad desu
>>
File: trlysee0.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
trlysee0.png
33 KB, 255x216
>>341197776
>a trailer for a game is marketing
wow
did you-
did you just discover the whole meaning of E3?
>>
>>341197971
Sure is summer in here
>>
>>341197971
apparently "confusing" is the same thing as "interesting" now
>>
>>341197971
Contrary to some retards here, I actually grew up following the MGS series and the crazy shit that happen in those games is quite memorable, it's the kind of stuff that sticks in your mind.
>>
>>341197542
This. Sure, his games are littered with cutscenes but once you're in control, you experience some of the best gameplay of that era. His games never force you to slow down and look at some 'beautiful' vista and his teams never sacrifice gameplay depth to focus on story. He's been consistent with this from day one across all of his IPs.
>>
>>341198495
neither is mutually exclusive to the other. a Puzzle Box as an example can be both.
>>
>>341198662
puzzle boxes are only interesting when they're in jackie chan movies
>>
Bloodborne is a game I consider to have a well developed 'storyline' (it's not narrative-driven like MGS) and yet it doesn't receive anywhere near the amount of praise as a Kojima title which is objectively inferior in terms of story quality. I'm pretty sure it's just the fanbase he has developed and the fact that he is japanese
>>
VOTE

http://www.strawpoll.me/10480186

VOTE

VOTE

VOTE

VOTE

>>
>>341198994
fuck off
>>
>>341197357
If it has combat it isn't a movie game.
TLoU is not a movie game. Tell tale games are movie games.
Uncharted is not a movie game(its damn close though)
Heavy rain, until dawn and detroit beyond human are movie games
>>
>>341197776
Step 1. Grab a gun
Step 2. Put it to your head
Step 3. Purify gene pool
>>
>>341197357
>REEE

Who's autistic again?
>>
>>341198639
This, I'm so glad there isn't a retard in /v/.

>>341198495
>>341197971
MGS is incredibly unique in it's plot and aesthetics, not many games are like it.
>>
>>341199534
>MGS is incredibly unique in it's plot and aesthetics, not many games are like it.
I get that. That doesn't mean they aren't confusing and convoluted for no reason
>>
>>341199876
It's deep
>>
>>341198936
I haven't played BB but Dark Souls is consistently considered to have one of THE best and most interesting game worlds.
>>
>>341199876
Convoluted, yes. Confusing, no.

One of the biggest mistakes Kojima made was distancing himself from the guy who did the english translation for MGS1. There's a reason the games seem to get convoluted after that installment and it's because they don't have translators who were able to convey Kojima's narratives in a way that flows with the English language.
>>
>STRANDING NAKED MAN ASS SIMULATOR
>>
>it's a contrarian thread
>>
>>341199321
>can't argue or debate

lol le kill self xD
>>
>>341200789
the trailer was fucking retarded. it's pretty funny seeing /v/ try to import meaning into a garbage and purposely convoluted trailer. so deep amirite
>>
>Le amazing gook

Face it, he's fucking dead, man
>>
>>341202581
Gooks is used for kooreans and viets you idiots
>>
>>341202332
Obviously it was supposed to be convoluted, it's just simple mystery tactics to make you interested in finding out what it's about.
I swear to god neo-/v/s are all fucking downies.
>>
>>341202816
Whoa
you know the differences between gooks?

whoa man, that's like so amazing dude
whoaaa, you're so cultured
>>
>>341202880
>I can't handle people saying things I don't like!
>Don't be such a downer, dude!
>It's supposed to be a confusing and convoluted mess lol! It's intentional!

Fuck off retard
>>
>>341203278
>he doesn't even know the difference between a downie and a downer
How old are you, seriously?
>>
>>341203484
I misread your post and gave you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't retarded enough to use such a childish term, 'downie'.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.