[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do me a favor, /v/. Name AT LEAST ONE thing that you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1351467859055.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1351467859055.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
Do me a favor, /v/.

Name AT LEAST ONE thing that you're excited for so far that got announced today/yesterday.

I'll start.
>Forza Horizons 3 on PC
>Sea of Thieves
>Visceral Games' Star Wars game
>>
>>341197329
Berserk game, but only a little because it is Musou
>>
Spidey.
>>
Final Fantasy 15.

Sue me.
>>
Crash remake
>>
Gwent

The Kojima thing lightly pinged my give-a-fuck meter. That's it.
>>
>>341197581
It's possible to do Musou well, from what I've heard - apparently Hyrule Warriors was good - but it seems like kind of a tedious genre. Regardless, it's cool fans are finally getting a game.

>>341197740
I thought it looked cool, too. Do we know if it's exclusive to ps4 or not? That open world Manhattan looked awesome.

>>341197905
I don't blame you. It's probably going to be good, but not absolutely groundbreaking. Underwhelming considering the amount of time/hype it has/had, but nothing could possibly live up to that.

>>341198109
It is great that they're doing that, but it's also kind of lame that they teased it the way they did and then didn't announce any new games, just remasters.

Granted, the R+C remaster was good, especially for what it was, but I think people were expecting something new.
>>
For Honor
Resident Evil
God of War
Detroit
Death Stranded
Watch Dogs 2 (i don't care about the SJW shit, the gameplay looks fun)
Wildlands (Looks fun to play with friends)
Horizon Zero Dawn
>>
Honestly? Sea of Thieves. That's about it. I watched the Microsoft conference because I own an Xbone anticipating some news of Dark Souls III DLC, nothing came of it, didn't see any Destiny info either (though the group has moved onto Overwatch so it might not be relevant anymore).
But yeah, as I was typing to a friend how they're showing a bunch of new titles while there were a ton revealed a year ago that haven't received any news, Sea of Thieves comes on, and it looks like everything I hoped it'd be

Spiderman looks really cool but I don't have a PS4. I have no idea what to expect from Nintendo tomorrow. I feel like their big gimmick, their ace in their sleeve, will be the gender option Link, which will be praised by journalists for a few weeks, forgotten about (see:Miitomo), and when the game is finally out and the gender you pick makes no impact on the game, backlash, backlash backlash.
>>
Gwent standalone game
Xbox "exclusives" on PC I guess
>>
>TLG is coming out this year
Death Stranding probably won't come out for 3-5 years
>>
Skyrim remastered
I'll probably play the living shit out of it until TES VI. I couldn't even finish the fucking game on PS3 because it kept crashing.
>>
>Last of Us Skyrim Edition
>Last of Us Gay Biker Edition
>Last of Us Development Hell Edition
>Last of Us Sideways Robot Birds Edition
It was ok
>>
Berserk Musou
Spider-Man
South Park

Everything else ranges from eh whatever to makes me want to puke
>>
>>341197329
For Honor. I think the concept and the aesthetics are cool but from what I saw of the gameplay, it looks like it'll last a week or two before I get bored.
>>
>>341198470
>>341200342
Gwent is that big a deal, huh? I haven't played Witcher games yet, but I didn't know it was that good. Surprised Squeenix hasn't caught on and made a Triple Triad game of some kind although they're kind of doing it in FFXIV

>>341198621
Disregarding the fact that it's gonna be impossible to talk about WD2 for a very long time on /v/, I think it has potential to fix a lot of the issues WD had. Looks like they've tightened it up some, but we'll see.

It probably won't, but it could. Writing was fucking horrible, though.

>>341200142
>because I own an Xbone
That must have been a hard conference to watch.
As a pcfat I enjoyed getting all those games, but it kind of xbone owners got screwed over. There really doesn't seem to be a reason to get one anymore except for Halo.

If Nintendo just shows what we know they're going to show, it'll be the worst of the big three conferences. They have to pull something out of their sleeve that doesn't have to do with Zelda to really do well. Last year's conference was pretty bad, so I think it'll be better this year, but I don't know by how much.

>>341200519
>playing Skyrim on a PS3
I'm sorry.

>>341200871
TLoU did seem to spark a lot of other people to follow that style, I agree. Dad of War seemed strange in that regard, like I shouldn't be that close to Kratos - and he shouldn't be having trouble taking out grunts like that with an axe.

>>341200958
South Park was the best part of the Ubi conference. Not much of a high bar, though.

>>341201548
It's a good idea, but I think the gameplay is really gonna hold it back.
>>
File: 1454044433360.jpg (111 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1454044433360.jpg
111 KB, 960x720
>>341197329
The Last Guardian
For Honor
Steep
Gravity Rush 2 (even though it wasn't actually shown at the conference we still got a new trailer)
Recore
Titanfall 2

Everything else ranges from meh to godawful
>>
File: Yee.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Yee.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>341197329
Sea of Thieves
Berserk Musou
South Park
For Honor
Gears 4
ReCore
Dead Rising 4
We Happy Few
>>
>>341202617
I totally agree. Last year's E3 was really cool, a lot of games I was excited for:
>Forza 6
>Dark Souls III
>Destiny expansion
>Fallout 4
>Rare Replay
>Backwards compat

And this year it just felt like shit was tacked onto those titles:
>Fallout 4 expansion
>no mention of DS3
>Destiny DLC was announced a few days before E3
>Forza Horizon 3
>Recore and Sea of Thieves again
>background music playability, which only took them over a year to fucking add to the console

I did get excited for Skyrim remastered only because I've never actually played it. And it'll have mods so that might be cool. That's my thing - I never owned a 360 so I've been able to catch all the re-releases and bundled remasters for really cheap - Gears trilogy for $40, Halo collection, DS1 with purchase of 3, Fallout 3 with purchase of 4...etc. I'm on my toes for that rumored Bioshock remaster or collection. That's one I've never played and really want to check out.

Oh yeah, South Park looked hilarious, I really want to play that.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.