[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do so few players use mics on overwatch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
why do so few players use mics on overwatch?
>>
>>341172584
because not having to talk to people that play games is the greatest achievement in gaming history.
>>
>>341172584
I only use it when smeone else is there
It feels weird to be doing a one way conversation
>>
>>341172584
>why do so few players use mics on overwatch?

After having played CS:GO, DoTA2 and HoN for a long time, I'm burnt out on toxic faggots in video games so I try to avoid them and speaking on mic only brings them about.
>>
I think voip is for premade groups only
>>
anyone who plays this game and talks already has friends that they party up and use discord or mumble or whatever

if you are trying to talk to pugs you already lost
>>
I don't want to speak to a bunch of faggots who I don't know on the other side of the world.

Then again, I always play in a party with friends anyway.
>>
>>341172584
Because i'm convinced blizz does not even check when people report other people for mic spamming.

I was muted for "Mic spam" twice and I rarely ever used it.
>>
>>341172584
Because there aren't any kids that can get through the paywall. Most people on the mics are stupid kids and teens talking or arguing with each other. Everyone else just plays the game.
>>
>>341173384
Esc -> Social -> Groups -> Click on "Team" and not "Group". That's how you enter team voice chat.

Thing is, nobody uses it. Ever. After having played TF2 for so long, it's a little lame not talking to people. They should make it default to automatically be on sometime in the future, I think that would help a bit with the lack of communication.
>>
why isn't there a way to mute everyone's ingame mic chat and text chat box?
I really, really do not want to see the ignorant and cringe worthy shit the losers who have no friends and want to talk to strangers online over video games have to say.
Lots of games have these features. why the fuck doesn't Overwatch have it?
>>
>>341172584
>literally my first OW match in the open beta
>immediately a guy screaming
>LISTEN TO ME YOU FAGGOT I KNOW WHAT IM DOING
>someone types some response in chat i dont remember what
>WHATEVER DUDE SUCK MY DICK SUCK MY DICK EL OH EL
>immediately turn off voicechat and never turn it back on

I thought we were past the age of being a faggot in online fps, or at the very least I thought I would've left that behind when I made the jump from console to pc, but no there's faggots everywhere it seems
>>
Everyone's using Discord desu
>>
I fucking hate voice chat with randoms.

Keep it default off.
>>
File: 1455429123318.jpg (6 KB, 242x250) Image search: [Google]
1455429123318.jpg
6 KB, 242x250
>Implying I want to hear people screech, rasp, wheeze or giggle like retarded faggots while I play
>>
>>341172584
is reaper a manlet?
>>
>>341172584
I hate hearing people talk on the mic in games like this, totally ruins the immersion
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.