[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fake outrage over WD2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ela.jpg (30 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
ela.jpg
30 KB, 765x497
Why all the fake outrage over Watch Dogs 2?

I'm seeing people trying to attack every petty thing about the game, in hopes it fails just because of the black protagonist

It's the same shit with mafia 3, /v/ being it's usual sperg self
>>
>>341157184
I liked the first one because it wasn't over the top haxor crap. This is over the top haxor crap. So fuck off with your shit game
>>
File: 1356461059605.jpg (10 KB, 200x235) Image search: [Google]
1356461059605.jpg
10 KB, 200x235
I'm hype about mafia 3 and Battlefield 1. 99% of th discussion of the black protags in those games are just memes.
Watch_dogs 2 looks lame inside and out, it looks like absolute fucking dogshit just like the first game. People are only trying to push the "racists only hate it because muh black protag" because they know the game can't stand on it's own merits.

I have a question for you OP, why do you think the outrage over Watch Dogs 2 is fake? Why are you surprised that people would be fed up with the horrible business practices of ubisoft and their rushed, broken games. Why do you think this outrage is somehow not valid just because a character is black? It's perfectly valid, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
>>
>>341157683
Better response than I can make. Everyone should read this.
>>
>>341157683
second reply best reply
>>
i think its some kind of marketing strategy
>>
>>341157184
WE
>>
>>341157683
Alright, I can agree with a few of those points. I dont want another ghostbusters shitstorm, but Im seeing an awful lot of bitching about petty asf reasons.

and A LOT of those are cause the protag is black
>>
>>341157683
Same here, I think Mafia 3 and WD2 just look like trash.
BF1 however does rustle my jimmies because of the black protag. It's 'historically fair', but at the same time they probably won't depict the segregation or racism of blacks in it, which simply makes it blackwashing.
>>
>>341158694
battlefield 1 protag didn't piss me off, but the rap music in that latest trailer kind of did. I love rap, but for gods sake keep it out of trailers for world war one videogames it just sounds ridiculous
>>
WE WUZ HACKAS
>>
>>341157510
Hacking in the first game was the worst way to approach almost everything.
>>
>>341161932
only if you are impatient, there were ways to clear out entire areas using just hacks. i think that's one of the reasons they let you listen to music on foot, because you have to do so much observation to get it right.
>>
>>341157184
It's /pol/tards and newfags who think 4chan ever gave a shit about things like this.
>>
>>341157683
>I have a question for you OP, why do you think the outrage over Watch Dogs 2 is fake? Why are you surprised that people would be fed up with the horrible business practices of ubisoft and their rushed, broken games. Why do you think this outrage is somehow not valid just because a character is black? It's perfectly valid, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
If the outrage is about that, then why is almost every single post or complaint about the protag or the "not Trump"?

There SHOULD be outrage about the game being shit, but there's none. It's all "MY WHITE GENOCIDE"

Stop bitching about the black protagonist if you want people to take you seriously.
>>
its ok
>>
>>341157184

Because Watch Dogs 1 sucked
>>
>>341165084
people posting WE WUZ KINGS isn't complaining about the black protag, it's posting memes.
People are complaining about the "we're so hip and cool guys, we r leejin" approach in the same vein people complained about the "oh so hilarious we're so hip and edgy" style of sunset overdrive. I think you're only finding that people are angry about the black protag because that's what you're LOOKING for. because you don't understand that 99% of the posts on 4chan are hyperbole or shitposting. If you go searching for /pol/ in every post you'll find it often, not because of any legitimate crossboard threat but because /pol/ memes have disseminated around the site and ubisoft is a perfect target for the labels.
If /v/ really did care about black protagonists you would have seen no discussion of those telltale walking dead games a few years ago, GTA San Andreas wouldn't be as universally loved as it is, and nobody would be playing left for dead 1 or 2.

Gee, it's almost like people are taking any opportunity they can to shit on ubisoft, and aren't put off just from the game having a black protag.
>>
I don't give a shit about any of those games, but >WE is the best meme in years.
>>
>>341157184
>black protagonist

I don't see why people are bothered by this. Hackers are literally niggers. Did people throw a fit when San Andreas starred a black guy? No because you expect black people to do these things.
>>
/pol/ newfags invading /v/.
>>
File: physics.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
physics.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>341157184
Maybe because watch dogs was shit and theres no reason to believe the second one wont be shit?

>>341157510
Casual faggot neck yourself
>>
File: watchdogphysics.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
watchdogphysics.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341176239
And some more
>>
why don't games just let you customize your character? then people can be white or a trans chinese Somalian if they want
>>
>black, gay protagonist
>conservative white antagonist parodying Trump
>the single most DIVERSE(tm) team of good guys--err, good individuals of all races and sexualities--to ever take center stage in a video game

Ubisoft is pandering like they've never pandered before.
>>
>>341157184
>fake
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.