[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Sony's NEO be able to take on Microsoft's over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Ck2XXY8W0AIaDH4.jpg (20 KB, 1194x639) Image search: [Google]
Ck2XXY8W0AIaDH4.jpg
20 KB, 1194x639
Will Sony's NEO be able to take on Microsoft's over powered PC in a white box?

What about the NX?
>>
Sony and Nintendo are in a world of shit right now
>>
The fucking Scorpio is either going to be financial suicide or horribly overpriced. They are literally putting a $200+ GPU in there. Nevermind the fact that it's still not strong enough for stable 4k gaming.

The neo is going to be reasonably affordable and still provide enough grunt to run games at 1080p60.

Sony wins.
>>
Nintendo should seriously leave the gaming business and start getting into film

The NX is already DOA
>>
>>341140936
lmao, MS can easily afford selling Scorpio at a loss
>>
What about the CPU and RAM or whatever. I don't know much about tech, but I hear a lot of guys saying RAM is way more important.
>>
I heard the NX and ps Neo have the same specs.
>>
>>341141195
this
>>
>>341141074
No, that should never happen
>>
>>341140565
>NX is already under powered
So much for getting multi-plats.
>>
>>341141195
Yeah, but the shareholders won't like that.
They already wanted to get rid of the entire division because it's a sinkhole.
Imagine making an even bigger sinkhole for no reason at all.

Right now, MS thinks more power=more sales, because the PS4 is outselling them.
The problem is, that the Sony consoles have always outsold the MS consoles, regardless of power and that after what they tried to pull with the Xbox One and the DRM shit, they've lost a lot of goodwill.
>>
>>341140936
>The neo is going to be reasonably affordable and still provide enough grunt to run games at 1080p60.

Funny how the 1080p60 feature was initially baked into the now standard model.

I'm curious, how many more renditions will it take for it to be true.

I'm excited for the PS conference, but I now know better than to fall for the Sony lies.
>>
>>341141281
it's the CPU-RAM-GPU bus relationship that is important. in a PC with separate CPU and GPU RAM, the CPU spends a ton of cycles busing data between the two RAMs. the PS4 had integrated CPU-GPU RAM, which is why it performs a bit better than its individual part specs would imply
>>
>>341141281

Unless Sony is going to put 16g of ram in the NEO they have no chance against Microsoft
>>
File: 1461109787635.png (63 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1461109787635.png
63 KB, 850x850
>>341140565
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>341142087
to be fair i'm pretty sure you can get 16gb ram in a box of fruit loops
>>
>>341142087
16GB RAM is fucking useless for gaming you dull boy
>>
>>341142018
This. The vast majority of the market does not care about framerates.

Sony will make a more powerful version of the console, there will be some initial marketing about "1080p60," and then when the devs and marketers get together to decide what to focus performance on, the marketers will say

"Nope, the stats show it's not profitable to prioritize frames. Keep it at 30 and pump up the graphics."
>>
File: lJWP8.jpg (30 KB, 450x322) Image search: [Google]
lJWP8.jpg
30 KB, 450x322
>>341141916
>They already wanted to get rid of the entire division because it's a sinkhole.

No they didn't. That was a crock of shit that was started by LOL NEOGAF and then spread to the agenda websites.

MS confirmed over and over again that the Xbox brand isn't going anywhere. And they just proved it by announcing not one, but two fucking new consoles

Get fucked NeoFAG
>>
>>341140936
suicide how, playstation doesnt even have an NX
>>
File: 1409071900311.jpg (12 KB, 560x400) Image search: [Google]
1409071900311.jpg
12 KB, 560x400
>>341140565
When does the damage control starts for fucking over the early adopters?

>mfw I didn't jump on the 8th gen bandwagon
>>
IM FUCKING HYPED MAN
FUCK SONY
>>
>>341142402
>This. The vast majority of the market does not care about framerates.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! What a load of old crap.

Sony fans 2014: "FRAME RATES AND RESOLUTION ARE ALL THAT MATTERS! PS4 IS A BEAST!"

>Sony Fans 2016: NO ONE CARES ABOUT FRAME RATES AND RESOLUTIONS! HARDWARE POWER DOESN'T MATTER!

Worst fanbase ever.
>>
>>341142507
Right:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/02/11/microsoft-investors-want-new-ceo-to-kill-off-the-xbox-surface-and-bing/

>“Even the Xbox deserves to go, ” claims Paul Ghaffari, the wealth manager for Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen. The belief among these investors is that every product that loses Microsoft money should be spun off so that it could focus solely on enterprises.

And that's also why Balmer was crying in his farewell speech to "save the Xbox", because it's doing so well.
>>
File: 1436142564106.jpg (111 KB, 1034x828) Image search: [Google]
1436142564106.jpg
111 KB, 1034x828
Don't worry PlayStation Pals.

You're still getting the new PS4:32X

>Just stick it in your PlayStation!
>>
>>341142949
>http://www.technobuffalo.com

What part of "agenda press" do you not understand?

>Buh buh buh Ballmer!

Two
New
Xbox
Consoles

Cry harder fanbaby.
>>
I'm not trying to derail the thread here but these X.5 or whatever consoles are turning me off enough to console gaming that I think I'm going to switch to PC. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way but for people like me who were kind of waiting for a library to get established and any technical issues to get resolved and just not hardcore about the latest and greatest PC seems to be the way to go. I could probably put together a decent one for $1,000 and play games on medium for like ten years.
>>
>>341143193
You want a different site? Pick one:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/181930-bill-gates-hints-that-microsoft-could-sell-off-its-xbox-division

http://bgr.com/2013/11/06/microsoft-turnaround-advice-ditch-bing-xbox/

https://mic.com/articles/81823/microsoft-may-drop-their-xbox-division-here-s-why#.JZd7h8RNy

http://www.ibtimes.com/eliminate-xbox-one-bing-surface-says-microsoft-investors-1554691

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/microsoft-will-spin-off-sell-xbox-division-2015-says-analyst/

Although you're most likely just going to call everything that proves you're a liar "agenda press".

There are two new Xbox consoles, but that doesn't change the fact that they're not going to be throwing away a ton of money without getting any return.

As I've already proven, investors don't like that.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.