[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most fun class build to play without good gear? Or should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Diablo_II_Coverart.png (166 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_II_Coverart.png
166 KB, 256x362
Most fun class build to play without good gear?

Or should I just finally start playing Path of Exile?

>Blizzard Sorceress
After lv 24 becomes a dps holocaust all the way up until the later portions of hell where some resistances can be annoying, the skill to lower enemy ice resistance totally compensates for this though.

>Shapeshifting/summoner druid
Can easily level up to 50 solo without a lot of hassle but gets wrecked in hell without gearing up.

>Summoning/Corpse Explosion Necromancer
Easy to level all the way into hell, but sort of boring to play until you get higher ranks of corpse explosion.

>Zeal Paladin
Not a lot of personal experience playing but I have heard other people being successful with zealadins with low gear.
>>
Shameless self-bump
>>
Bumping again
>>
>>341126106

It's all about the summoning necro. You can get some good +1 to skills with rather bad attributes, but it doesn't matter since all you need are more bodies in the way.

Spirit Monarch can carry you forever if you want to let it.
>>
>>341130781
But I guess Summoning Necro is kind of boring since 90% of the gameplay is waiting for your summons to kill stuff.

Hopefully there's another build with some more interactivity?
>>
>>341126106

Trap assassin is fun
>>
>>341126106

Phase Blade zealadin is fun in an edge of your seat, please save me lifesteal sort of way. Especially since iron maiden is much fairer.

My friend and I usually do fire or blizz telesorc and summoning necro to have bodies and fire everywhere.

It's terrifying playing sorc solo since you're so likely to explode instantly if you miss a teleport at the wrong time.

MF sorc is always good for mad loots though.
>>
Summonmancer and lightning sorceress was fun
>>
>>341126106
I don't recall Poison/bonemancers needing crazy gear to be good, but like most/all D2 casters they don't start off strong.

Trapsin might be all around alright, though?
>>
Basically summoner necro and sorc. In the end it depends a lot on gear. Solod my berserker barbarian to nightmare tal rashas tomb and it`s a sudden blockage. Surely you can lvl up at lower clvls but the build is fucking great. Its rather slow at the beginning but levelling yourself and skills makes a huge difference. But time taking.
>>
>>341131063

You could forgo summoning and try bone spear. It's like sorc, but with less teleporting. Do you have someone to play with?

>>341126106
Never stop playing. D2 is still amazing, even with all the bots. It's like an entirely new metagame that will never end.
>>
>>341131810
>Trapsin might be all around alright, though?
Doesn't become fun until lv 30 when you get your death wards. Even still, it's just sort of a lamer Lightning Sorceress.
>>
>>341126106
Summoning Necro. Summon up some white friends because you don't have any. And get a Dwain the Rock Johnson.
>>
>>341132092
>Do you have someone to play with?
Nope, but I might pass on PnB necro in favor of another Sorc build.

>Never stop playing. D2 is still amazing, even with all the bots. It's like an entirely new metagame that will never end.
Yea D2 will remain my most influential game, it's almost as if you're playing multiple games in and of themselves with each new ability gained.
>>
>>341131063

It has the best survivability with really crappy gear though.
>>
Summoning necro is objectively the most item independant funniest class
I wish i still enjoyed classic Diablo, but mods are what makes it fun
>>
>>341131945

OP, in addition to this build, try building a Lifesteal Frenzy Barb.

It has a rough start all the way until you get Frenzy at level 24, but with a little luck, some Honor Runewords, and ass-loads of time, you can fucking ruin enemies all the way through P8 Nightmare Act 4 with mediocre gear.

Just pick up some Frost Nova gear and a Defensive Act 2 follower
>>
Hammerdin if you want to utterly break the game. CL/orb or meteorb sorc is also nice. Just don't go melee unless you want to quintuple your playtime as you TP back to town for health potions while whittling away at every unique pack.
>>
>>341132975
>Hammerdin
Having to micro the trajectory of the dumbass hammer has to be one of the least fun things in any videogame. There's little broken about the hammerdin when compared to a blizzard sorceress or smiter.
>>
>>341132975

Hammerdin gets gear dependent though.
>>
>>341126106
Wife and I just did a run where she went Summoner Necromancer and I went Thorns Paladin.

>enemy hits one of gaggle of skeletons
>takes 1000% damage back
>huehuahue
>>
>>341133561

Auradin with a summoner is so fucking fun. I usually go Zeal with auras so that I have something to do while the skeletons work their magic.
>>
>>341126106
If you're soloing hell with bad gear, go with sorceress (fire + frozen orb). Skelemancer is also an option but is less fun since your minions do most of the work.
>>
File: k4KNy8b.jpg (64 KB, 400x120) Image search: [Google]
k4KNy8b.jpg
64 KB, 400x120
>>341133203

>Unironically playing and defending Hammerdin

NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOUfrom that
>>
>>341133561
>Having a wife
>Playing games with your wife
You're a lucky one
must feel comfy
>>
>>341134031
>Unironically playing and defending Hammerdin
But I didn't defend the hammerdin, it's an unbelievably unfun build because of how annoying the hammer trajectory is.
>>
File: afwaf3232151236.jpg (16 KB, 180x247) Image search: [Google]
afwaf3232151236.jpg
16 KB, 180x247
>>341134582

oh

well alright then
>>
File: poe1.png (1 MB, 881x833) Image search: [Google]
poe1.png
1 MB, 881x833
>>341126106
Try out poe, it's free and there's a new ladder set that started a weekish ago My IGN is "Gigodoby"
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.