[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legend of Mana - Is it a Bad Game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: legend of mana.gif (2 MB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
legend of mana.gif
2 MB, 640x448
I have had this game for a while now, though it never feels like I make headway into it when I play it. I very much enjoyed Secret of Mana years ago though.

This is probably a bad time of the year to ask with E3, but what do people think of it?

The crafting and monster-raising aspects are obtuse and take a lot of micro-managing or guesswork to see results.

The lack of story makes it hard to go through maps and engage in halting real-time combat with respawning enemies and few options to effectively flee.

The combat, while having lots of combos and moves, feels weird because you are always scooting around instead of fluidly moving. Your AI partner is worthless, and everything feels very drawn out.

The map system is convoluted and I am always under pressure worrying about whether or not I am missing some aspect to do some side-quest - and the game is nothing but sidequests, essentially.

Am I wrong in finding the game a little tedious? The music and art are gorgeous, obviously, but it doesn't feel like it clicks. Or should I try to reach some benchmark (last major thing that happened was one of the stone guys got glass'd by the jewel thief, and I have died several times to a vampire looking for a kidnapped teapot).
>>
This exact same topic is in /vr/. It's not a bad game, but they changed the staff for no real reason so the game feels a lot different than the previous games of the series. In fact the whole game had a lot of changes for the sake of change.
>>
LoM feels like a half-baked beat'em up. Like the groundwork was there to make an amazing game, but they released it before working in a compelling plot or fine-tuning its crafting stuff.
>>
>>341124812
Bad or no, it's a beautiful experience for both the eyes and ears. That alone made it worth playing for me.
>>
it's great!!!
>>
>>341125393
It makes me wonder why, even though you could say this was during Square's "experimental" phase with all the weird shit they were putting out after the FFbux came in.

The pre-set battles really kill me though. It doesn't feel very satisfying to inch around and whack (beautifully-drawn) monsters into dust.
>>
>>341129805
It also doesn't help that if you get a steady beat with your attacks you can stunlock 99 percent of the enemies in the game by canceling a weapon's finishing move in it's attack string.

All large bosses are also weakened by the fact the game has to load their big attacks which makes them pause for a considerable amount of time. Breaks up the battle's intensity all the time.
>>
>>341130421
That's loading? Ha, I always wondered why bosses would stop doing anything for 10-15 seconds and just let me wail on them.
>>
>>341124812
My favourite game of all time. Music and graphics are great. The forging system is absolutely retarded, though.
>>
Great game full of top waifus.
>>
File: Lady.Pearl.full.1943385[1].jpg (813 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Lady.Pearl.full.1943385[1].jpg
813 KB, 900x900
>>341132695
>you'll never jumi her pearls
>>
>>341131880
Prettymuch this.

Music, storylines, and graphics are all tippity top tier. but the game is easy without gong into how busted crafting is.
>>
>>341133252
Extremely underrated vidya girl right there, Pearl is perfect.
>>
I've had SD3 on my backlog ever since the translation came out way back when, but I still haven't played it since I have no friends. Am I missing a lot of I just play single-player?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgYqv3UEnGc
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.