[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more disappointing boss fight than Usurper King Zant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: sentry3.gif (998 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
sentry3.gif
998 KB, 500x300
Is there a more disappointing boss fight than Usurper King Zant? Presented as a badass throughout the game, he fights like a child throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>341097180
Your birth
>>
>>341097180
His character is pretty cool, what I hated was the "oh yeh btw Ganondorf is actually in this game"
>>
>>341097180
Yeah it's awful, the boss fight is OK though. SS had shitty villans too.
>>
Clearly, only Ganon is allowed to be a badass villain
>>
Zant was only a bad ass when controlled by gannondorf. Are you forgetting about the scene when Zant is denied kingship or whatever? He runs outside and starts throwing a tantrum like a baby and is then possessed by gannondorf. The real issue is
>lol it was gannondorf the whole time!
>>
Zant's actual fight was fantastic, though. As a character he was odd, but the fight itself was good.

I'd like to see more final exam bosses in the future.
>>
>>341097180
How do you fuckers never complain about the Majora's Mask final boss fight where it does stupid shit?
>>
>>341097180
I used to be so against how Zant's breakdown and fight were handled, but once someone suggested to me that Zant's previously controlled and intimidating manner was only due to Ganon's direct half-possessive influence and thus went away once he regained his own body, the idea just started to make more sense.

So I actually quite like the sequence now. It's made me appreciate TP more as a game, although it still has a bloated opening and uncanny valley artwork/stylistically inferior to WW.
>>
>>341097180
I agree, he could have been cool
>>
>>341099157
Before you get to arbiters which is half way through the gMe, midna tells you it was fucking gman doing the dirty work.
>>
>>341101269
Because Majora IS insanity. Fucking bringing a moon down killing everyone for no goddamn reason, causing havoc freezing over the gorons, killing mikau onscreen, having darmani killed...then the fucking moon...dude mJora is insanity.

But zant is painted as a badass, only to turn out into a crybaby bitch.
>>
>>341101269
Majora has layers of metaphor to its actions. Once you recognise the themes of childhood and maturity running throughout the game, the final battle makes sense. The Mask stage is a sullen, moody child, the second a flippant little shit and the final one a temper tantrum. Look for this shit throughout the game, it's quite consistent and well applied.
>>
I loved it, all of it, kinda felt bad for the destruction of the character they were building.
>>
File: 1463627288788.gif (2 MB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
1463627288788.gif
2 MB, 298x300
>>341102746
>>341103206
well put
>>
>>341097180
His face scared the shit out of me when I was younger
>>
>>341103719
Man, I'd love to have seen what happened to that guy's flesh later. Like did it blister without him knowing why? Anyway cheers. There's a lot to look into with MM, like the phallic imagery in Ikana.

>>341104118
How old were you?
>>
File: lumine.jpg (129 KB, 644x796) Image search: [Google]
lumine.jpg
129 KB, 644x796
>>341098858
Sigma syndrome. I still believe.
>>
>>341105275
I wasn't super young, it was more jarring than scary I guess
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.