[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4K resolution what the shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1318954178168.png (18 KB, 336x330) Image search: [Google]
1318954178168.png
18 KB, 336x330
Can somebody explain to me what the fuck is going on this E3?

4K consoles in 2017?

The nvidia GTX 1080 costs an arm and a leg and it can't maintain 60fps at 4K, and you're telling me that MS and Sony are going to do it in a few months from now?

What did I miss?
>>
4K is a meme until 2019.
>>
Why would you even believe they could do that?
It would be obviously upscaled and even then the ps4 or xbone couldnt do 1080p@60fps when they promised it could, why would you believe them now?
>>
movies 4 k^^
>>
>>341094714

Then we'll begin the cycle a new with 8k
>>
>>341094303

Nobody said it will be cheap.
>>
They mean 4k for movies. Like literal movies, not Uncharted
>>
>>341094303
>Consoles
>60 fps
Pick one
>>
>>341094303

It's for movies not games, calm your tits
>>
>>341094303
it'll be 4k crispy smooth constant 13-22 fps guaranteed
>>
>>341094303
>MS and Sony are going to do it in a few months from now?
First of all: Holiday 2017!
And then you get 4k movies. The consoles that come in next years holiday season, are most likely using upscaled 4k or 4k 30FPS. Because as we all know, frames don't matter to console friends.
>>
4K isn't viable until Big Pascal & Vega in a few months

HBM2 with 1TB's of Bandwidth & almost 4000 CUDA cores/Stream processors
Xbone's RX 480 with shared GDDR5 & Laptop CPU won't do 4K gaming outside of 360 ports
>>
>>341094303
It's misleading advertising to fool clueless normies into believing the consoles can render 4k games, when in fact they can only render 4k video.

Clever marketing.
>>
>>341094303
It'll be at least twice the current price of an Xbox. It'll run games at a maximum of 4k60 at the equivalent of medium settings on a PC game. Where Scorpio will probably shine is in 1080p60 at the very highest settings by PC equivalent which is still quite nice for a console anyway.
>>
>>341094303
literally who fucking said 60 fps you dumbass faggot

970 can do 25 fps 4k
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.