[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting to think that anyone who grew up during the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: GTFO.gif (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.gif
35 KB, 500x500
I'm starting to think that anyone who grew up during the era of 32-bit games and went on to experience the PS2, Dreamcast, and first-gen Xbox, is deluding themselves by continuing to play video games.

Video games have plateaued. This E3 is the final nail in the coffin. To all the 20-something-year olds, it's time to move on. Video games now pander to lowest common denominator.
>>
>>341071848
There are still developer like From so who cares?
>>
>>341072069
Games by From were dime a dozen, during the PS2.
>>
>>341071848
I often feel like I agree with your statement, OP. Thing is, I've wanted to "quit" playing video games, but I haven't been "able" to. Depression makes me have absolutely nothing else to get out of bed for. I don't even play something daily and they generally piss me off these days, especially in multiplayer, but it's literally the only thing I have.
>>
>tfw you still enjoy games because you aren't playing contrarian to fit in on /v/
>>
>>341073361
Doing something that you don't derive enjoyment from over and over again is slavery. Nothing is going to reignite the flame that you once had when you played video games when they were actually good because games are no longer built with the player in mind. You are a part of an abusive relationship. Staying in that relationship while you think that one day, you'll be treated right. It's not going to happen. Leave while you still can.
>>
>>341071848
>Video games have plateaued

Do you know what plateau means, faggot?
>>
>>341074478
I'll probably commit suicide.
>>
>>341074635
pla·teau/plaˈtō/
verb

reach a state of little or no change after a time of activity or progress.
>>
>>341074971
Video game stockholm syndrome.

This is /v/, everyone.
>>
But I love Stardew Valley its fun
>>
video games have always been for the normies though. Dont you even arcade?
>>
Sure, modern games may be going to shit, but that's no reason to drop video games entirely. All the older games are still there, waiting for you to play them, and they always will be.
>>
>>341075059
A plateau is an elevated flat space of land. When something "plateaus" it means it reaches its high point and stays there.
>>
While you're bitching about the E3, I've been playing Azure Striker Gunvolt nonstop, which is the perfect evolution from the Mega Man Zero style of play.

My call for 20somethings is to find the few hidden gems still being released according to your taste, and ignore everyrthing else.
>>
>>341075840
>and they always will be
except when they use server authentication, or low level copy protection.
>>
>>341076149
>elevated

a land area having a relatively level surface considerably raised above adjoining land on at least one side, and often cut by deep canyons.

Please stop making your own definitions, Pancho.
>>
>>341074478
>Doing something that you don't derive enjoyment from over and over again is slavery

No. That is objectively not the definition of slavery.
>>
>>341076474
Add being forced to do something, since you're subconsciously forcing yourself to enjoy a game, which in itself, is impossible. This is mental slavery.
>>
>>341071848
Nah. Video games are better than they've ever been. I have more interests now, but games are still a core hobby. They're fun.
>>
>>341075059
>>341076453
>to reach a state or level of little or no growth or decline, especially to stop increasing or progressing; remain at a stable level of achievement
>a region of little or no change in a graphic representation
>a relatively stable level, period, or condition
not him, but never go full retard op
btw it's merriam-webster before you cry about making it up
>>
>>341076408
Yeah, modern games.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>it's a "I'm getting old, so video games aren't good anymore" episode
>>
>>341078163
securom is quite old, and so is xbla
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.