[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CoP mods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: 23423566.jpg (219 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
23423566.jpg
219 KB, 1280x720
ok faggots. i wanna get in Stalker, with Call of Pripyat. which are the mods that i need to get? i want immersive stuff,without anal wrecking difficulty, graphical and sound improvements, maybe stuff that adds more quests/story, guns, etc. recommend me some mods and tell me more if CoP is the best version to get into Stalker.
>>
>>341036156
>spoon feed me answers about thing
>I want to get into X game with mods

Always play STALKER games vanilla on highest difficulty for first playthrough.
>>
File: 1465687693107.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1465687693107.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>341036497
fuck off cunt, i want to play video games. and im asking for advice about said video games from people that have more knowledge than me on the subject. don't get assblassted over someone asking for advice

>spoonfeeding

literally, just drop mod names,and i can take care of the rest. im not asking you to give me a step by step tutorial on how to install and mod a game
>>
>>341036497
>people need to play videogames the way i want them to

yeah nah m8
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>341036156
You start with Shadow Of Chernobyl, and play in the release order.

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
File: Those tiles! SoC Vanilla.jpg (249 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Those tiles! SoC Vanilla.jpg
249 KB, 1600x1200
>>341036156
Why the living fuck would you want to start with the LAST part of the trilogy?

The graphics in STALKER still hold up very well. Especially lighting and textures are top notch!

Many rookies already get their butts wrecked in the very first mission in VANILLA, so why in the love of anything would you you add any kind of mod on top, making it essentially more difficult, no matter what?

Mission and story adding/creating mods are rare for STALKER, and are usually major overhauls or standalone experiences of their own. Plus, you won't be able to finish / find all vanilla missions on your first run anyway. Not to mention I at least spent TWO WEEKS doing nothing but "pointless" exploration, sidequests, etc, in all 3 vanilla games on my first runs.

There's gazillion gunmods. Majority of them just jam in the maker's favorite shooters, often with OP stats, totally ignoring the balance and style of the game.

So yeah, get out of here, Stalker! And get SoC, slap ZRP mod on it to have extra bug-fixes available, maybe use FOV Switcher to have field of view fit for widescreen, and get going on the highest difficulty, without crosshair!
>>
>>341038387
because im not casual and i enjoy a challenge? what's it matter to you if i want to get my ass kicked anyway? fuck me man, are all Stalker fans this autistic? all i wanted was the name of some mods that improve the game in some way : graphic, sounds, immersion and guns. let people enjoy a game the way want.
>>
File: stalker483.jpg (650 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
stalker483.jpg
650 KB, 1680x1050
>>341036917
>>341036156
you don't need any mods for Stalker. Just latest patch, highest difficulty, and highest available DirectX rendering mode available in the games.

>>341039021
>because im not casual and i enjoy a challenge? what's it matter to you if i want to get my ass kicked anyway?
First you DON'T want to be ass raped, then you do? Holy shit, I bet you won't even survive the first mission in SoC's legendary Car Park with that attitude!

>fuck me man, are all Stalker fans this autistic?
It's increasingly clear that you have not paid attention to all those hundreds of Stalker threads in the past 8 years. Also, it's called passion.

>all i wanted was the name of some mods that improve the game in some way
There are none.
Only mods that change something. Usually for better AND worse at the same time. And some people dig certain mods, some others.

Vanilla is fucking FINE. How can you even know WHAT you want to do with the game, if you don't even know how it looks and plays in the first place??
>>
>>341036156
>I'm 15 and want to look cool in front of my friends
>recommend me mods that I can show off to my friends and get "gamer" cred

You should probably stick to Battle of Duty: Advanced Honorable Medal of Warfare Dewritos Edition
>>
>>341037768
>Start with no mods - only latest patch,
This meme needs to die already, nobody should suffer through the garbage that is vanilla SoC.
>>
File: 1266929132445.gif (276 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1266929132445.gif
276 KB, 500x378
>>341041979
>meme
>vanilla SoC's garbage
look at this Complete-faggot waving his tiny e-penis like it's supposed to mean something.
>>
>>341042346
>RNG shooting mechanics are good
>having to shoot a guy 20 times in the head until you actually get a lucky dice roll and bullet actually hits him in the head instead of disappearing is good
>having durability on gear without any way to repair is good mechanics
please stop polluting the community with your garbage and turning people off the games
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.