[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to personal gaming experiences, /v/? Why do I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: diablo_2_boxart.0.0.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
diablo_2_boxart.0.0.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
What happened to personal gaming experiences, /v/? Why do I have to play in games that force virtual economies and competitive multiplayer? I just finished Alan Wake and, although I had some problems with it, it's the first time in quite a while that I played a game that didn't force socializing. Can you imagine if Diablo 2 (pic) had a virtual economy and forced multiplayer on the player in exchange for a sub par story.

Also, I understand that there are still story driven single player games coming out, but they're all side scrolling art games and I'm fucking tired of them.
>>
>>341031923
changed from having cool shit in the game to making the player feel like they were cool
>>
>>341031923
>Why do I have to play in games that force virtual economies and competitive multiplayer?
because video games are a business and there's more money to be made that way
>>
OP here again. Another good example is Counter Strike. I used to play Counter-Strike source all the time. One of my favorite games. All my friends play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive now and they love it but I can't help that I hate the game. I see it in youtube lets plays and gaming tournaments and I want to vomit.
>>
>>341032065
it's because the community has changed. single player games used to be more popular back in the day because people weren't addicted to facebook and skype and they could sit down for a couple hours without feeling the need to check their phone.
>>
>>341032065
It still HAD multiplayer but I really loved what they did with Max Payne 3. That's probably the last game I recall thoroughly enjoying and it didn't force it on anyone.

I totally get that its a business. These companies are looking for wide appeal and easy bux but I still think there must be room for intimate gaming experiences. Maybe this will get me out of gaming though. Maybe its kind of a good thing.
>>
Simple

It attracts a wider audience

It generates more revenue

Makes the wheel spin

Companies end up paying the bills and employees salary easily with no fear in going out of business anytime.
>>
>>341032128
You sound like a fucking idiot every post you make.

CS:GO is so many leagues ahead of source it's not even debatable.

Tons of singleplayer games are still being made. You're just a dumbass.
>>
>>341032062
This.
>>
>>341032128
What the fuck did you use to do? Play with bots all the time? Counter strike is the game that made pubs popular
>>
File: Bloodbriar.webm (3 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbriar.webm
3 MB, 800x500
>>341031923
>Diablo is dead
>>
>>341032062
OMG this so fucking bad. Jesus I miss being surprised by cool new features.
>>
>>341031923
That virtual economy thing is cancer too. Just like free-to-play, it fucks with drops and game progression in order to try and push/force its use. Its literal ass cancer.
>>
>>341034410
Dude, what? Did he two shot a boss?
>>
>>341036150
Arcanist can be broken early on, also
>not veteran

Arcanist is always broken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvRR5yBfwFw&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 1458535507742.jpg (161 KB, 723x1436) Image search: [Google]
1458535507742.jpg
161 KB, 723x1436
>>341031923
>>
File: sad.jpg (15 KB, 370x200) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
15 KB, 370x200
>>341031923
>ywn again be 14 years old lonelyfag playing singleplayer games every day on PC and PS2
>>
>>341036964
Diablo 2 was shit
>>
File: 1446633813775.jpg (119 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1446633813775.jpg
119 KB, 500x390
>>341036964
>I'll never make it to Hell for the first time again
>I'll never do the cow level for the first time again
>I'll never make my first rune word again
>I'll never do the most iconic boss fight in act V ever again

Like seriously, that red hue aesthetic when killing bal can't be fuckin beat. It just can't fuckin be, D3 to happy and good looking. Give me grimy torment any day
>>
>>341037591
i have never fully finished diablo 2, i always get up to act 3 or the start of act 5 before rerollingn. like atm im running amazon for the first time in forever
>>
>>341038354
you have to get on that. finishing diablo 2 is like losing your virginity.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.