[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hear KOTOR is a fun game >quick witty interesting dialogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 16
>hear KOTOR is a fun game
>quick witty interesting dialogue complements the game and the universe very well, solid mixture of combat and NPC interaction, really felt like you were active in the conversation
>finish the game loving it

>jump straight into KOTOR II
>have barely touched an enemy or progressed my character
>LMAO UR LIKE A JEDI OR SOMETHING IDK HERE'S SOME FORCE POWERS
>literally 5 hours in and all I've done is talk to NPCs who are literal dialogue sponges, every dialogue option you get is essentially just an interface to get the next batch of dialogue some autist put way too much effort into writing spewed at your face without you feeling like you're interacting at all

Jesus christ Kotor 2 is so fucking shit man. Does it ever get any better? Please don't tell me it's going be an episode of "let me tell you the canon of that game you just played and got to make all the decisions in yourself"
>>
File: srsly.jpg (25 KB, 413x627) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
25 KB, 413x627
>kotor
>quick witty interesting dialogue complements the game and the universe very well, solid mixture of combat and NPC interaction, really felt like you were active in the conversation
>>
>>341028887
not an argument
>>
>>341028728
>implying kotor 2 isn't the better game
Here's your (you)
>>
>>341029015
not responding to one
>>
File: kotor2.jpg (411 KB, 599x2859) Image search: [Google]
kotor2.jpg
411 KB, 599x2859
kotor 2 did suffer a bit from unrealistic dialog that felt forced even though people compliment it

I remember the mandalorian guy being a fucking walking thesaurus which felt waaaay off
>>
Gotta love it when there's a dialogue mid-fighting and the swords are pulled down because of the time lapse.
>>
>>341029032
hello rose tinted faggot
>>
>>341028728
for me there wasnt much difference between kotor1 and kotor2.
>>
>>341029251

Canderous is the best character in both games though.

>That Solidus voice
>Being light side but keeping Canderous around because you enjoy his stories and arguing about the war with him
>Take him on every mission because he always upsets the locals
>>
File: 1465556800518.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1465556800518.png
32 KB, 633x758
>>341028728
KOTOR II was a fucking mess.
it was uncompleted and lacked depth, i remember one that quest couldnt even be completed.
>blow up mining field in the intro
>Telos or whatever is running out of fuel
>entire city is going to crash into the fucking planet
>get quest to fix it
>there is no way to finish quest
>or even fail it
>mk facility cut content
>all the characters have circular logic
>>
>>341028728

>kotor2 is bad

no shit, its just a mod made by fucking obsidian

they havent made a single good game
>>
>>341028728
You're a former Jedi general, why the fuck would you not be a Jedi? Have you not considered that the game is deliberately being coy in not revealing everything about your past immediately upon the first 5 minutes of starting? It's almost like 90% of the game's story is self-discovery.
>>
File: 1462918428312.jpg (8 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1462918428312.jpg
8 KB, 250x243
>>341032641
>you didnt know who you were and went on a journey and find out along the way
GOLLY GEE WHAT A NEW CONCEPT IF ONLY THEY DID THIS IN THE FIRST GA
>>
>>341030932
Did you fix the game with the Restoration patch? Turns it from a 7/10 incomplete piece of shit into a 9/10 god tier RPG.

And there was always a way to finish that quest, you have to negotiate with the Hutts to transport fuel from Sleheyron. Also there was good reasons to cut that shitty planet.
>>
>>341032816
Uh no that was literally just "by the way you are Darth Revan". There was no journey of self-discovery there. That was just a twist which wasn't a conclusion to some sort of identity crisis, you were just some Republic soldier prior to that.
>>
>>341032917
>not reading the subtle clues about who you were all along.
and the second game wasnt about "oh by the way you used to be a jedi and stuff now bla bla bla kill me and i will win and bla bla kill the force bla bla i love you for killing the force bla bla bla" jesus christ nigger
>>
>>341032842
The patch only adds a few more bland locations and quests. Seriously 1 wasn't nearly as forgettable as 2.
>>
>>341033105
>not reading the subtle clues about who you were all along.

I didn't suggest they hadn't hinted at it. But
>subtle

Yeah, very subtle.

In 2 your character already knows a lot about what happened, but its only drip fed to you over the course of game through meeting Atris, the individual Jedi masters, Bao-Dur etc. The game doesn't just say 5 minutes in "oh yeah you fired an apocalyptic superweapon, won the war and got PTSD". It drip feeds it, not just having obvious shit like cutscenes where people talk constantly about Revan despite him having seemingly been killed years earlier, entire dream cutscenes where you see him wearing a face covering mask etc.

>ow bla bla bla kill me and i will win and bla bla kill the force bla bla i love you for killing the force bla bla bla

If you seriously thought Kreia wanted to kill the Force then you played a very different game from me. She was a lying ho and that was one of her many lies.
>>
>>341033323
>The patch only adds a few more bland locations and quests

The hell are you talking about? The only places it added were the HK factory section and the non-mandatory shitty droid planet.

The actual shit that the patch fixes like entire story essential cutscenes, dialogue and quest lines are basically essential to making the game not suck. It's probably got a changelog 90 pages long.
>>
>>341033423
>"Uh no that was literally just "by the way you are Darth Revan"
>"I didn't suggest they hadn't hinted at it. But"
actually thats exactly what you did.

i will admit that you are right about that its not exactly the same as kotor 1 but the concept is the same
>1
>turns out you were the big scary guy
>now choose your path again light or dark
>2
>turns out you were the good guy
>>
>>341034080
>actually thats exactly what you did.

No I just said the actual game didn't depict it in any way as a 'seeking to regain your identity' journey like it is in 2. In 1 the entire story is dedicated to the simplistic goal of just stopping Malak and finding the Star Forge. In 2 finding the Jedi masters is just part of a wider objective of finding out what truly happened to you to make you lose the Force and get you exiled and then confronting the Sith.

>>turns out you were the good guy

Well i'm not sure that's accurate. More like you were killing everybody around you but you can still try and redeem yourself by helping reform the Jedi order.
>>
>>341032842
Did we play the same restoration patch? I love 2, but the effects of the patch is overrated in my opinion.

>>341034080

>unleash a planet-destroying superweapon on both your foes and allies
>good guy

Calling the exile a good guy for walking away from that is just wrong. I wouldn't call him evil, but good is a stretch.
>>
>>341034458
>Did we play the same restoration patch? I love 2, but the effects of the patch is overrated in my opinion.

Maybe a bit exaggerated by my own personal experiences. Played the game back in 05 and thought it was disgustingly broken with some good points. Replayed it since several times with the patch and its much better. Stuff like this cutscene really make the game more standout and puts it into context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wXan8spjM
>>
>>341029251
I liked the dialogue, it really felt like the characters came from starkly or subtly different cultures.
>>341034458
>but the effects of the patch is overrated in my opinion.
Maybe there isn't a single huge change that makes it obviously better, but so much detail and interaction is added through the restored cutscenes/dialogues and the like.
>Exile
>He
REEEEEE
>>
>>341030182
different character

I were talking about an unrelated mandalorian, a random grunt of a mercenary
>>
>>341035158
and from what I remember Canderous was done much better
>>
>>341028728
nice bait
>>
File: ordo.jpg (30 KB, 344x408) Image search: [Google]
ordo.jpg
30 KB, 344x408
>>341035318
You do know that this was Canderous from the first game, right? Revan told him to unify the Mandalorian clans to help the Republic fight the True Sith when they invaded.

A shame TOR shat all over everything Obsidian created by ruining the True Sith completely and making the Mandalorians pro-Sith.
>>
KOTOR 2 felt like it trying way too hard to be different. I did like that there was a greater diversity of stat checks in dialogue, but overall, I also preferred the first one
>>
>>341036146
Obsidian even went out of their way to suck off Revan at basically every opportunity, which is hilarious because then Bioware turned around and turned him to some whiny cunt in TOR

Read the Sith Emperor's backstory sometime, it's a fuckin barrel of laughs
>>
File: 1431620908982.jpg (92 KB, 255x288) Image search: [Google]
1431620908982.jpg
92 KB, 255x288
>>341036474
>literally turn the Sith emperor into a massive mary sue, have T3 and the Exile killed like little bitches and turn Revan from being a Thrawn-tier "I must unite the Galaxy under one flag" leader into someone who was merely turned into a puppet and thrown against the Republic to test their defences.

I will always be mad. I'm actually more angry about what they did to Star Wars even than Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>341028728
lmao who cares nerd
>>
>>341028728
HERE IS YOUR HARD EARNED (YOU)

NOW FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>341036783
>Mary sue

Are you trying to trigger /v/?
>>
>>341037231
>After the death of Dramath he became the ruler of Medriaas and managed to impress Dark Lord Marka Ragnos, ruler of the Sith Empire, at the age of thirteen. Marka Ragnos then recognized him as the ruler of Medriaas and renamed him as Lord Vitiate.
>>
>>341037231
/v/?
I think you mean /tv/.
>>
Even with the restoration patch, KOTOR 2's ending is so fucked. I beat it a few months ago and was scratching my head at what the fuck just happened.

There's no closure for anything, except
>lel, you beat da game!
>>
>>341037837
Which ending? I mean, they're a little underwhelming, don't get me wrong, but they're not difficult to understand.
>>
>>341037946
The HK-47 part. What the fuck happens to the robots? You never find out.
>>
File: themhipsdontlie.jpg (16 KB, 321x458) Image search: [Google]
themhipsdontlie.jpg
16 KB, 321x458
Look at me. Im the canon now
>>
>>341028728
It doesn't get better. Every introduced character makes it worse. Every new plot 'twist' is more ridiculous and stupid than the last.

The story is a thrown together nonsensical piece of garbage. Instead of interactive, exciting quests like the trial on Manaan, you have tedious 'talk to this person' garbage with no impact or resonance on the planet or greater story.

The level design is the worst example of a shitty developer getting a good game. Whereas the dungeons in Kotor I were fairly quick and exciting, with places to repair bots and send them on rampages or short-circuiting conduits, Kotor II focuses on a never-ending slog of enemies in unexciting environments with no interaction other than to get from point A to B.

Goto's yacht is probably the worst dungeon I've played in any RPG. Not only is it full of tedious, endless enemies, the zone is large and seemingly pointless. Some of the codes, such as the BINARY code - which God knows how they expected me to figure that out - does nothing. At all. Even if you manage to know binary, you are rewarded by nothing once you punch in the code.

The zone continually gives you codes to turn off minefields you've already braved or to turn off sentries you've already killed, feeling like the ultimate kick in the dick.

Also, look forward to playing not once, but twice, a forced, awkward, battle between a shitty bounty hunter and the wookie chasing her for no real reason. You may have WANTED to play the character you invested all this time in, but here's you playing a terrible one you have no interest in.

That isn't even taking into account the myriad of graphical glitches and poorly coded quests/scenarios. Even after I killed or interacted with all the bounty hunters on Nar Shadaa, their bodies remained rigidly placed all around the city, as if I had never killed them.

It is the worst game I've ever beaten, and I only beat it because I loved the first so much.
>>
>>341037231
The guy literally has all of Nihilus' powers with none of the soul-destroying drawbacks, lives for like 2000 years etc.

>>341038087
Presumably blown up when you turn Malachor V into dust.
>>
>There are people who actually liked 1 more than 2
That's probably the popular opinion though, so w/e

I think a problem with both games is how dogshit the combat was. Them being RPG's doesn't really give them an excuse.
>>
>>341034710
>>341034810
>Maybe there isn't a single huge change that makes it obviously better, but so much detail and interaction is added through the restored cutscenes/dialogues and the like.

Maybe, but some changes are still odd. Like the shuttle scenes on Telos, where you jump in and out for no real purpose except to let Atton make some bad comments.

I'm not suggesting that it's not an overall improvement, just that people implying it's significantly worse without it are exaggerating. I played it recently with and without and it's not "disgustingly broken".

>He

You know what I meant anon. I know "canon" (like that matters now) is female, but you can't argue with jedi Jesus.
>>
>>341038672
>Like the shuttle scenes on Telos, where you jump in and out for no real purpose except to let Atton make some bad comments.

Oh God, yeah. That's an example of them taking it too far. I think they went a bit mad assuming that everything Obsidian cut was due to time restraints, instead of just being shit.
>>
>>341028728

I didn't like KOTOR II so much either. The tone was too drab. It was generally incredibly depressing.
>>
>>341039135
>The tone was too drab. It was generally incredibly depressing.

Well it is basically the fall of the western Roman Empire in video game form with you half responsible for it and then taking steps to stop it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7qLBnsaENA
>>
Anyone had any luck with their jedi npc's in II? They always felt underpowered to me but I really like starting a jedi strike team.
>>
File: 1465030348911.jpg (78 KB, 720x939) Image search: [Google]
1465030348911.jpg
78 KB, 720x939
>>341028728
KOTOR 1 is literally babi's first RPG, anyone who likes that game has no fucking taste.
>>
>>341039135
KOTOR 1 was a journey to save or conquer the galaxy.

KOTOR 2 was a journey to find out what the fuck is the meaning of your life.
>>
>>341039905
>KOTOR 2 was a journey to find out what the fuck is the meaning of your life while also saving the Galaxy and/or slaughtering the corrupt Jedi Council that cut you off from the Force and/or making your creepy mother figure proud of you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvS5MLnG0Y
>>
BETRAYAL
>>
>>341040012
>that cut you off from the Force
But they never did that
>>
>>341040150
Yeah but you think they did up until the last half an hour. It's partially why you search for them, not just to help gather them to fight the Nihilus and Sion. You either intend to kill them as vengeance or to just ask why they did it, since they never explained it to you while you were in the chamber on Coruscant.
>>
So why did you do it /v/? Why did you go back to to Coruscant to present yourself before the council while many others fled?
>>
>>341040606
You were afraid.
>>
>>341040606
To show them the failings of their teachings. The order of the jedi is the wrong way to deal with the force. The galaxy will burn with wars hundreds for us to learn that.
>>
>>341030932
You complete this quest by making an arrangement with a Hutt after completing Nar Shaddaa.
>>
Seems like KotOR 1 restoration mod is complete now.
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/558-kotor-1-restoration/

I'll probably go for a playthrough, then do my first playthrough of 2.
>>
>>341041693
There's another essential mod you need. It should be called KOTOR dialogue for adults.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/335-pc-response-moderation/
>>
>>341038672
>I know "canon" (like that matters now) is female, but you can't argue with jedi Jesus.
>Jedi Jesus
An anon of good taste, but regardless of Lucasarts' decision regarding the canon, the objectively best party is female Exile with Handmaiden (sexual undertones intact)
You know it to be true!

>>341039702
>Anyone had any luck with their jedi npc's in II? They always felt underpowered to me but I really like starting a jedi strike team.
They might be underpowered compared to the Exile, but who isn't? It hurts that most of them are Sentinels, but if you know what you're doing it's pretty easy to build a great party - I usually focus Visas on a roughly even blend of Force powers and combat utility, don't level Atton too much as a scoundrel and focus on dual-wielding both sabers and blasters (it's probably more effective/powergamey and usually recommended to take enough Scoundrel levels for a good Sneak Attack and focus on one weapon type or another), give Mira enough Scout levels to take advantage of her ranged feats and build her as a Gunslinger Jedi (focusing on Light-side/Neutral powers like Heal, self-buffs and the Stasis line), and Handmaiden is really good if just build her well as a melee monster.
It's a lot easier with the Restoration Mod, of course, because you can reach your students some Lightsaber forms and Force powers they don't yet have.
Disciple gets a lot of hate, but he's also pretty easy to build as a self-buffing melee fighter or as a Force user.
>>
>>341043337
I think it's amazing how good the male exile is considering that fem exile is the canon.
>>
>>341044029
I prefer femexile because it makes Atton an even greater character than he already is.
>>
>>341043337

What about Bao-Dur?
>>
>>341044352
I never did do a completionist fem exile. Male exile is awesome becasue of Visas, Briana and Atris. Mostly Atris and the lightside Exile being calm while Atris loses her shit.

Kreia even warns you about women. Fuck them, but don't become attached.
>>
File: 1395749938597.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1395749938597.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>341030182
HOLY FUCK THE GUY WHO VOICED SOLIDUS DID CANDEROUS AS WELL!?
>>
>>341044892
>Atris loses her shit

That's true, makes a male exile run for me. You can tell that she wants the dick so badly.
>>
>>341045606
More like she wants you to act like a big bad evil sith so she can justify her feelings of betrayal for wanting your dick when you left her to fight the war and later to be in exile and now for having return. Shit I bet she masturbates with your lightsaber.
>>
>>341045947
>Shit I bet she masturbates with your lightsaber.

That part where you return to the academy demanding your saber back is god-tier. But seriously she has no reason to keep it other than for that. Does she explain why she does?

>More like she wants you to act like a big bad evil sith so she can justify her feelings of betrayal for wanting your dick when you left her to fight the war

That's actually a very astute summary of her. She wants your dick because you had the balls to go to war unlike her, who sat on Coruscant doing nothing. When she actually does try to do something, she gets half of the Jedi order wiped out on Katarr due to her stupidity and even manages to let the Sith and Republic track you down at the start of the game. It would be fair to say that Atris is the prime mover of the entire plot since she leaks your location to the coreward database leading to the Republic picking you up with the Harbinger and then the events of Peragus happening.
>>
File: 1449178875348.gif (367 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
1449178875348.gif
367 KB, 500x213
>>341028728
KOTOR was fucking shit, how can you say that the game has good writing?
>>
>>341028728

KOTOR II is very dialogue heavy I agree. Some of it is interesting but most of it is tedious and boring. Couple this with the fact that the game is almost an identical clone of the first (gameplay, art, assets, graphics, etc.) and KOTOR II quickly becomes a trudging slog. It also doesn't really get good until you're about half-way through the game. I can't believe how much praise it gets personally.

Overall its story is more interesting than the first, and some of the dialogue is a bit more nuanced and cerebral, but that doesn't inherently make it superior to the first.

It's like the MM to KOTOR's OoT. Only edge-lord contrarians will argue its superiority. Don't take them too seriously.
>>
>>341046490
Even the other jedi masters see that she's trying to justify her feelings.
>He's going to be an evil sith like Revan, just you watch!
>Dude, what? No, didn't you feel that he's all fucked up?
>>
File: 1376237610883.jpg (258 KB, 818x543) Image search: [Google]
1376237610883.jpg
258 KB, 818x543
>>341046798
>over time, Atris grew to hate Surik for complicating her black-and-white view of the Jedi, the Sith, and the Force

Sounds like a lot of the /v/irgins in this thread and their reactions to the game.
>>
>>341028728
>KOTOR I
>quick witty interesting dialogue

>KOTOR II
>not

I can understand liking the fairy-tale star-wars style story of KotoR I over II, but I cannot comprehend thinking the dialogue in I is superior to II.

And one of the things I always liked was that while your party was one big happy family in I, in II everyone fucking hates each other and your entire party vibrates with ill-concealed loathing and machinations against one another
>>
>>341047839
>in II everyone fucking hates each other and your entire party vibrates with ill-concealed loathing and machinations against one another

Even the music on the Ebon Hawk sort of suggests it, it's cosy but still slightly wary and uncomfortable, as if your respite is only temporary and the ship is segregated. The only reason they're all there is because of you, they're either gravitating towards you due to your ridiculous leadership skills or because Kreia has blackmailed them into becoming your bodyguard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxInbqx7UVw
>>
I really didn't like most of the party members in KOTOR, while I liked more of the characters in 2. Even T3, who was basically nothing in 1, was better in 2
>>
KOTOR2 is awful. It's true
>>
>>341042096
Does it include fixes from Restoration mod?
>>
>>341048174
T3 was kind of amusing in 2, right up until he fucking hacks HK
Then you realize that little motherfucker be CREEPY. And knows a good deal more than he lets on.
>>
File: 1465492787176s.jpg (3 KB, 112x124) Image search: [Google]
1465492787176s.jpg
3 KB, 112x124
>more than 10 years after KoTOR II was released
>plebs still think the first was better
>>
II is better though
>>
>>341049325
>And knows a good deal more than he lets on.
If you do the tutorial you get a sense of this much ealrier on.
>>
>>341049887
What's that? I can't understand you with that obshitian cock in your mouth.
>>
>>341050494
I don't recall the tutorial, but iirc, there's a difference between "oh, it's the same droid from the first game, I bet he knows all the answers if only we knew to ask, it's a shame he can't volunteer them" and "he knows the answers and he could volunteer them but he is choosing not to for some reason..."
>>
>>341050803
>he knows the answers and he could volunteer them but he is choosing not to for some reason

Revan ordered him not to say shit, in order to stop his loved ones following him into the Unknown Regions.
>>
>that fucking skipping bug ruining the ending part with Mira
fucking shit
>>
File: kotor2 explained.png (64 KB, 1222x750) Image search: [Google]
kotor2 explained.png
64 KB, 1222x750
>>341028728
>>
>>341051975
Is being a huge Kreia-disappointment particularly rewarding? I haven't tried it before.
>>
>>341056476

Killing all of the Jedis on your way does yield a different outcome when you meet with Kreia on the Jedi temple. But I dont remember much.
>>
Daily rminder that Canderous is the best character of both games and the only one to actually have some kind of character developement
>>
File: bLGWbSH.jpg (224 KB, 1024x1320) Image search: [Google]
bLGWbSH.jpg
224 KB, 1024x1320
>>341050664
>>
I found the hk factory tedious.

Also can someone explain to me why the na shadda boss/droid tried to blow up malahor V please
>>
>>341058376
He didn't.
IIRC the remote was set by Bao-Dur to reactivate/deactivate the superweapon that destroyed the planet.
Bossman didn't want that to happen; he didn't care whether Jedi or Sith lived to unite the galaxy, but his "protect the republic" directive required he... well, try and protect it. And he had concluded the Republic needed a religion to rally around, be it Jedi or Sith creed. He didn't want the sith academy and powerbase on Malachor V destroyed.
HK showed up to fuck up his plans, as Revan would have wanted.
>>
>>341056476
YOU HAVE FAILED ME, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY

TO HAVE HAVE FALLEN SO FAR AND LEARNED NOTHING

I dont care if she feela like avellon's surrogate Sarah Kestelman is a fantastic actress. She's like a female Charles Dance
>>
>>341059421
Okay thanks
>>
>>341028728 (You) r a faget
>>
Parts of KOTOR2 were good but it's probably the only sequel/expansion by Obsidian that I felt was worse than the original game.
Probably because of the tryhard take on the Force. I like grey takes on the Empire/Rebellion but doing the same with the Force always manages to come off as even more juvenile than the original movies simplistic take on it imo.

I had the exact same issue with the main impetus of the Pillars of Eternity main story, I love AI Gods/Lords of Light stuff but think Obsidian's theological arguments amount to the retarded shit of high schoolers and plebbitors.
>>
>>341028728
>literally 5 hours in and all I've done is talk to NPCs who are literal dialogue sponges, every dialogue option you get is essentially just an interface to get the next batch of dialogue some autist put way too much effort into writing spewed at your face without you feeling like you're interacting at all

Yeah, how dare these characters in the roleplaying game have personalities beyond the two-dimensional. Need more witty quips! xD

The game is too intelligent for you anon. It harkens to the original trilogy more than the prequels, which you were probably raised on - so you like the first kotor better.

Try playing kotor II again after you graduate high school.
>>
>>341056476
>spare the jedi
>here's a new stance for you to use that's completely and utterly useless
>kill the jedi
>maximum force increased
>story is all around better (especially Onderon)

but Kreia gets pissed at you on Malachor V for being such a disappointment and says you'll become more like Sion now which isn't that bad since he's pretty badass looking and has a neat little gimmick
>>
PUSSY

PUSSY
>>
>>341034080

>2

The point of kotor 2 is to explore the philosophy around the force in a way that is more than kotor 1's tertiary and banal "Ah you save kittens, you're a jedi!" or "All sith eat babies!".
>>
>>341040012
Nothing you do saves the galaxy.
>>
>>341045018
How did you not notice? He's doing the exact same voice
>>
>>341066113
The problem is there isn't really any philosophy attached to the force outside of one that people attach to it
>>
All Obsidian games are rushed, unfinished garbage that are literally just mods and run on pre-existing engines with heavy re-use of assets, so they start with a great base game that they only need to expand on and somehow still manage to fuck it up and it's somehow never their own fault, I have no idea how these hacks got so many jobs for so many years, literally the only good game Obsidian ever made is Fallout New Vegas and even that was an unfinished mess and basically just Fallout 3 with a few adjustments to the interface
>>
>>341028728

>KOTOR
The normal "star wars" experience

>KOTOR 2
'Philosophy'
>>
>>341028728
biodrone or trolling?
>>
File: QUALITY.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>341036783
The worst part is that they utterly missed the point of Nihlus.

Nihlus was hammering home the point that Power is utterly worthless without the will to control it, and Sion was making the point that it's just as worthless if you lack the direction to channel it.

Both could destroy the galaxy, theoretically, but both could never achieve it in practise.

Naturally, Bioware just saw a super awesome power to use on their OC Donut Steele and ignored all the consequences (and Fuck you, biodrones, feeling a bit under the weather when wiping out planets is not a fucking consequence)

If that wasn't bad enough, they retconned Nihlus and the Exile just to make their special snowflake even more unique.

Fucking hacks. That is literally fanfiction style writing.
>>
Bioware fanboy/Anti Obsidian thread detected.
>>
I thought that too when first time playing KOTOR2

I think I spend more time reading text than killing actual enemy.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.