[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games that I can mindlessly play and really feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1453323720878.jpg (35 KB, 613x695) Image search: [Google]
1453323720878.jpg
35 KB, 613x695
What are some games that I can mindlessly play and really feel the "gameplay loop" or doing X objective so that I can better do Y objective so I can better do X objective, etc.?
>>
>>341016378
Stuff like diablo? Grind to grind faster? Can't think of something other than loot based games
>>
>>341017195
Not just Diablo-like Dungeon Crawlers. I'm working nights and I just want to play videogames to pass time while still being attentive enough to not lose my job.

Preferably, I was looking for something akin to survival crafting games where you go out, loot and come back to craft better loot to go for higher level areas. That or like an Assassin's Creed checklist game.
>>
>>341017634
Are online games out of the question? What about TF2 or Overwatch or a MOBA?
>>
>>341019345
Internet is far too shit and multiplayer requires too much attention since it can't be paused.
>>
Roguelights like Isaac or Nuclear Throne might fit the bill
>>
>>341019517
What about... Subnautica? It's early access but it's one of the ones that actually has content that keeps getting more. Even now it has quite a bit.

It's one of those survival crafting games, except all underwater. So you have to manage oxygen and stuff too. I recommend it a lot!
>>
>>341016378
Disgaea
Dungeon crawl inside your weapons so you deal enough damage to kill the dark council and brute force the unlocking of a bonus dungeon to unlock a new character goto1
>>
Monster Hunter is one big loop of getting X drop to build Y weapon to kill Z monster faster so you can more efficiently farm X2 drop to build Y2 weapon to kill Z2 monster faster and so on.

There's a bit of a learning curve so it won't be entirely mindless at first but once you get the hang of it, hours can trickle away like nothing.
>>
>>341020679
Oh yeah, monster hunting type games! Are there any on PC though? God Eater is coming to Steam, but that's still a month or so away.
>>
>>341022109
Toukiden is on PC. I don't know how the PC port is, but I played it on my Vita.
If you want a mindless hunting game to pass the time rather than test your skill, there it is.
>>
>>341022398
I heard the Toukiden port was terrible, although it might of been patched by now who knows.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.