[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sometimes I forget how weird the internet and /v/ is. And how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: AuxIQ.jpg (78 KB, 700x359) Image search: [Google]
AuxIQ.jpg
78 KB, 700x359
Guys, do you remember a thread, 5 or so years ago about making stupid gifs about sonic running?

That lead to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6XePJyXilA

Cool stuff, stupid stuff, that's nice. Now, that happened due to an anon mentioning a certain song, pic on OP.

Some animator liked the concept and the band, so he made a cartoon with Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth featuring said band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE

The video got mildly famous and the band got in contact with said artist. Now they are collaborating in a animation/album release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYM5WNdNGc

That's so freaking weird. Due to some stupid anon writing in a random thread, leading to a series of events leading to a whole other project.

Sometimes it's mesmerizing how our dumb posts here can have long term consequences like that.
>>
I found out about Mystery Skulls from the sound threads. His first couple of songs are still my favorite, but the new album's songs definitely are not worse.
>>
File: 1406326419441.jpg (40 KB, 711x431) Image search: [Google]
1406326419441.jpg
40 KB, 711x431
I thought it was a Tum*lr "artist" doing those videos. Something about the dog never sat right with me, too close to a furry OC for my liking, I reckon.

To be fair, the guy who made the original Money animated video was a brony, so he might very well just be a furry and not Dumblr.
>>
>>341001496

I actually enjoy this album better. I don't know what changed between albums, but I enjoy this one's sound better overall.

Sounds more techno-y, less 80's sound-y. I suck at explaining this.
>>
>>341001676

It is a brony tumblr artist.

I just wanted to point out how out of nowhere stuff can come from.
>>
>>341001841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JPFqlk5TPA
That one?

I like it a lot. None of the songs are that bad or 10/10, but they're solid good - great songs that I enjoy listening to while playing vidya or building and modeling bionicles.

Get It Together might be one of the best songs released this year. I haven't heard much competition.
>>
>>341002128

That one, yes.
>>
File: 1464638143027.jpg (171 KB, 580x1744) Image search: [Google]
1464638143027.jpg
171 KB, 580x1744
>>341002201
Yeah, it's a bit more techno than the last albums. It still has a decent amount of percussion and string, though.
>>
Of all the memes that ive tried to create the only thing that caught on was this poorly cropped mgs3 brick wall snake upside down in this picture of a cross dresser from like 4 years ago. it gets shared in cosplay threads.
>>
>>341001174
I quit /v/ in 2011 and one of the last things I did was write a screed about how sc2 was fucking trash compared to bw and classic korea time was way more fun.

When I came back a good couple years later it was being used as copypasta in /sc2/. Surreal as fuck.
>>
Mystery Skulls is the only music in my life I've actually bought. Felt he deserved it as soon as I first listened to the full album.
>>
>>341002515
any of this shit with younger males and an older female?
>>
>>341002515
Girls outgrowing people and things is easily the most amazing kink ever.
>>
I remember learning about Mystery Skulls when I first learned about Double Action: Boogaloo. I like their stuff a lot.
>>
File: photo.jpg (140 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
140 KB, 900x900
>>341001174
I asked him twice how big his cock is on his ask.fm
Somehow divulged into how old his gf's dick is.

He and it would've become a meme if he kept that channel going.
>>
>someone could have actually killed themselves when I told them to
>>
>>341007587
>Our actions have consequences
Our memery could have brought a child into existence
>>
>>341001174

Mystery Skulls were popular long before that thread anon. They were Bandcamps first big indie success, and were playing successful gigs years ago.
>>
>>341001174
I've known about mystery skulls since it's inception really but I literally didn't find out about their new album until I saw that animated video. I had completely lost track.
Pretty decent videos to, for what they are.
>>
>>341001174
good read OP.

the only reason I like mystery skulls at all is that video for Ghost. I'd never have listened to it twice otherwise.
>>
>>341001174
This ghost version is very differently mixed to the version I have
>>
>>341001174
I want to see more pompadour ghost. Best design in these animations.
>>
>>341006032
I remember being into the BigAl2k6 circle with Jim being a part of it. Though I didn't watch many of his vids because he kept deleting his channel so much. Now hes really big now. Even funnier when I realized they were the same people and didn't know at first.
>>
Never looked it up or went into more detail but sometimes I wonder if the WHAT DID YOU JUST FUCKING SAY TO ME NAVYSEALSGUERILLAS300CONFIRMEDKILLSURDEDKIDDO was me because I did practically the same thing when I dis covered the interent for the very first time
>>
>>341011868
literally who?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.