[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be realistic; the only people interested in this thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: NX (2).jpg (6 KB, 328x153) Image search: [Google]
NX (2).jpg
6 KB, 328x153
Let's be realistic; the only people interested in this thing are the already entrenched diehards and lapsed Gamecube kids who are underwhelmed by the PS4/Xbone.

If this thing turns out to be even remotely underwhelming, it's going to flop.
>>
>>340990565
>If this thing turns out to be even remotely underwhelming, it's going to flop.

In your dreams sony pony
>>
>>340990620
I'm actually hoping it's successful. Something needs to happen to check the other two. I'm just trying to get across that it needs to be a home run. A sac fly isn't going to cut it.
>>
File: 1456980441147.png (618 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1456980441147.png
618 KB, 800x800
>>340990565
It's already flopped. There just isn't enough NX popularity right now for it to be successful. That and the console is going to have a Tegra mobile chip, so it's pretty obvious on how that will turn out.The only people who will buy it are the usual Nintendo diehards but that isn't enough to sustain a console.
>>
How can most people be excited for a piece of hardware we know nothing about? They still refuse to say if it's a home console or not.
>>
>>340990565
We know absolutely nothing about it.

The only people disinterested in this thing before even hearing what it is are the 14 year olds who hate everything "Nintendo" by association alone. I can't think of a more despicable form of faggotry.
>>
File: 1465347163690.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465347163690.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>>340991403
>le Tegra meme
>>
>>340990565
Just like the Wii, right?
>>
>>340991794
>The only people disinterested in this thing before even hearing what it is are the 14 year olds who hate everything "Nintendo" by association alone.

But hating Sony, Microsoft and PC is totally ok right?
>>
>>340990565
Nintendo needs to just stop, they have buried themselves so deep in debt and ruined their IPs, and the IPs of others so bad that they might not even have enough to pay back what they owe.

This E3 NEEDS Nintendo to announce their shut down plans, it would be the best E3 they have ever had and be the first time we have ever been in a golden age of gaming
>>
>>340992130
No
You'll understand when you're older.
>>
is that triangle between n and x supposed to be a fedex arrow thing because ill be damned if i cant see it as anything else
>>
>>340992130
Hating anything for unfounded reasons is childish. Let's just wait until we know what it is, ok? Then you can form a logical argument for why you hate it.
>>
As much as I want it to be great and have great games that will entice me to get one, I'm fully prepared for the disappointment when this thing is finally revealed.
>>
>>340992171

What the hell are you on about?
>>
>>340992171

Do you even think critically before typing or do you normally just submit whatever immediately comes to your mind?
>>
>>340992230
I'm probably older than you junior
>>
File: uXgCvEo[1].png (200 KB, 497x245) Image search: [Google]
uXgCvEo[1].png
200 KB, 497x245
>>340992171
>they have buried themselves so deep in debt
>>
>>340990565
for this to have any chance of being good it needs the following

>far better specs than the PS4 neo and Xbone Scorpio
>actually able to be used as a media centre
>have a solid online multiplayer/social system
>apps
>nativly play back 4K games and movies

if it can't do any of this its going to fail on the spot.
>>
File: Visible Confusion.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
Visible Confusion.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
>>340992171
>they have buried themselves so deep in debt

You do realize that Nintendo still has billions in the bank from the Wii boom right? And even though the Wii U sells like shit, they still make a profit on it.

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-doomed-not-likely-just-take-look-how-much-money-its-got-bank/

poor sales != no profit
>>
File: 1464193845721.png (172 KB, 509x435) Image search: [Google]
1464193845721.png
172 KB, 509x435
I'm not even trying to bait but honestly Nintendo is more irrelevant now than they have ever been.

I feel bad for Nintendo players.
>>
>>340992389
>>340992393
>>340992439
>>340992512
>triggered fanboys can't accept nintendo is over
>>
>>340990565
How can you be underwhelmed by PS4? Everybody wants a PS4, just that they don't want the name Sony there.
>>
> lapsed Gamecube kids who are underwhelmed by the PS4/Xbone.

literally just described me

The only game I want this whole gen is bloodborne, but 1 game does not justify buying an entire console.

I've been sticking to PC this whole time. I hope the NX is good.
>>
>>340992548
They could probably keep doing what they're doing on Pokemon sales alone.
>>
>>340992519
Whoever made that has to work on it.
Too much open, blank space in his mouth.
>>
>>340992702
Even GameFreak is abandoning Nintendo for mobile
>>
>>340992171
You wouldn't know golden age of gaming if it bit you in the ass.
>>
>>340990565
>it's going to flop.
it already has 0 3rd party support
>>
>>340992780

Nigga wat. They're doing spin-offs on mobile, but that's it. I'll worry if the main series goes to mobile.
>>
>>340993071

Source, faggot.

You're probably right, but you can't just make claims like that.
>>
Will there another next gen handheld? If they lumped Pokemon (which is still a killer app in the west), Etrian Odyssey, and whatever other handheld IPs to the NX it might have a fighting chance.

Otherwise, we'll get our usual 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash etc but it'll suffer the same fate as Wii U
>>
>>340992780
Nintendo owns large enough stock in Pokemon that GameFreak will never be able to make Pokemon on anything other than Nintendo systems. And Pokemon is pretty much the only thing GameFreak has to keep them in business.
>>
>>340993270
I think they're joking?
You could also say it has next to no first party support considering the only announced title is Zelda.
>>
>>340993071
>>340993270
I'm pretty sure square wanted to make shit for them so that's out the window.

Either way no one has "sources' it's just shitposting.
>>
the fact that theyre still not showing it even though its only 8 months till release means its guaranteed to be an underwhelming gimmick with outdated graphics for $399 US DOLLARS

nintendo is brain dead. they should scrap it and go third party/pc,
>>
>>340993252
>>340993485
Even gamefreak could buy nintendo at this point with how shit nintendo's stocks have been in the past decade, but why would they when they can just wait for nintendo's debt to finally tank them? with the mobile releases they are just covering their bases for when they are finally free from that archaic husk
>>
>>340993793
>the fact that theyre still not showing it even though its only 8 months till release means its guaranteed to be an underwhelming gimmick

That's a jump in logic if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>340993793
>they should scrap it and go third party/pc,
we don't want shoveware on the PC, keep that cancer to the consoles
>>
>>340993859

Okay, now you're just trolling.
>>
>/v/ actually wants vidya to be cinemtic bullshit
I thought this was bad.
>>
File: uh.png (436 KB, 538x420) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
436 KB, 538x420
>>340993859
>Even gamefreak could buy nintendo at this point with how shit nintendo's stocks have been in the past decade

So you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
Also GameFreak has never made a single mobile exclusive game. In fact they've only made one mobile game ever and it was also on the Wii, and it was Japan exclusive and three years ago.

If you're thinking of Pokemon Go, that's not made by GameFreak.
>>
>>340990565
Why won't Nintendo just put all the gimmicks aside and make a console on par with the PS4/Xbox One that's purely a controller console first? That way you have the horsepower and graphics to run all your 1st party games as well as 3rd party games that the other two consoles have
>>
>>340994232
Honestly there's no reason to buy consoles anymore unless it has a gimmick. Consoles were viable up until about ten years ago because it was cheaper to buy the console over a PC for the equivalent amount of computer power.
The last two generations are barely even consoles anymore, just small form-factor PC's that act as media hubs. They're Rokus with specs.
>>
File: 1461009424051.jpg (88 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1461009424051.jpg
88 KB, 800x600
>Zelda is my favorite Nintendo game and pretty much the only title I really care about, everything else is gravy.
>bought a Wii-U
>it's going to be the only. fucking. nintendo console with no exclusive Zelda titles
I'm triggered.
>>
>>340994232
Might be good for them, might not, but that's just never been Nintendo's philosophy. They actually want to and like to create gimmicky stuff, even way back when with toys like ROB or the powerglove.
>>
I can't wait to shit talk it when its announced, here and across the internet. Setting it up for failure is the best part, it worked great with the Wii U.
>>
>>340994232
They can't because they're not a hardware company. If they release something similar to PS4 they have to sell it at a more expensive price.
>>
>>340992171
>Nintendo
>debt.
People really forget about Wii/DS money printing machine?

It's prints money wasn't a meme for nothing.
>>
>>340995085
the wiiu and 3ds were the worst selling consoles next to the virtualboy and gamecube, all that money they saved was burned up will all those unsold wiiu's and n3ds' they have collecting dust, not to mention they barely sold software.
>>
>>340994232
Because not only will that not sell, it would most likely actually lose them money. Seems you're too young to remember the gamecube.
>>
>>340990565
As a nintendrone i can say: they lost my wallet, i frankly dont know who this thing is being targeted
>>
>>340990565
Consoles don't matter. Console power doesn't matter. None of that has ever mattered.

The only thing that matters are the exclusive
>G A M E S
If the NX has good games, then it is by definition a good console. That's how it's always worked and how it's always going to work.
>>
>>340995678
>i frankly dont know who this thing is being targeted

No one does! It hasn't been announced!
There's nothing to know about it except:

-it's a console, maybe
-it's made by Nintendo
-it's codenamed NX
-there will be a Zelda port on it
>>
>>340995385
The 3DS has sold very well, they've made a lot of money off of it. I believe it has sold better than Gameboy Advance, N64, or Gamecube.

The Wii U sold badly but they still profit off of it.
You don't understand the manufacturing process. They don't make the same number of Wii U's as they do the PS4 and Xbone, because it sells less. They make as many as they need to to keep up with the small demand. With every Wii U sold they make profit. So while the Wii U has failed to meet expectations, they still profit off of it because it's not sold at a loss. The Wii U also has the best attachment rate of the three consoles, so they make more money in games sold per console.
>>
So when do we get to see Nintendo embarrass themselves again?
>>
>>340996663
the 14th is when they will be broadcasting it, but they make fools of themselves all year round so why wait?
>>
>>340994841
Nintendo never made the power glove you cuck
>>
>>340996818
well E3 is when they make the biggest asshats of themselves
>>
>>340998109
>>340996818
Unless the next Zelda is pure shit, they won't be any worse than EA/Bethesda
>>
>>340998336
but it is pure shit, them hiding both zeldau and the nx confirms they are on full damage control
they should have not even bothered to show up
>>
>>340998336
well I've never liked Zelda, so if they don't have anything else to show then it's definitely worse in my opinion. At least BEthesda had Quake
>>
>>340990565
Hate to break it to ya, but the second they release a zelda or mario kart, they earn a profit on their consoles. Theyre not some side division of a larger company that loses billions when an underperforming console is released a loss.

Despite WiiU's poor sales, it still made Ninty a profit, AND they make even more profit with handheld and pokemon.

Sorry.
>>
>>340998646
>well I've never liked Zelda, so if they don't have anything else to show then it's definitely worse in my opinion.

They already confirmed they're also showing more of Pokemon Sun & Mood.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.