[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's a thread about video games for a change Why do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: saltandsanctuary1920x1080.jpg (789 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
saltandsanctuary1920x1080.jpg
789 KB, 1920x1080
Here's a thread about video games for a change

Why do I never see this masterpiece being discussed on here through all the shitposting ?
I just finished this and I have to say that I literally am in love with this game. The lore is on par with what you can find in Demon's Souls (a little less fluffed out than Dark Souls), the interconnectivity of DkS pales in comparison with the one in this one. Only two criticisms I could have is the game isn't nearly long enough (took me about 13 hours to get through) and was never as challenging as Dark Souls can be (most I died to a boss was three times).

Once again /v/, why the fuck is no one talking about this ?
>>
>>340956269
/v/ talked about it but usually ended with
>Indie
>Muh souls clones
>I'll wait for a sale
>>
I actually really liked Salt and Sanctuary. Really fun game and kept me very interested the whole time I was playing. My only problem with the game is how short it is. Played through the first playthrough in about ~15 hours with a lot of exploring and no internet help. Finished my second playthrough grabbing all the annoying trophy stuff to get the platinum in about 3-4 hours. Great game, really wish they added more
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>340956502
Never change, /v/
Bumping with best boss
>>
>>340956992
>best boss
>first/tutorial boss
did you even play the game
>>
>>340956884
It is a ~£12 indie game. For the price I was surprised how long it was
>>
>>340957216
agreed especially since it was made by only two guys
>>
>>340957210
For some reason, out of all the bosses in the game, Sodden Knight is the one that clicked the most with me. Other bosses I liked were Tree of Men, Witch of the Lake, the Bloodless Prince, and Nameless God which is a close second.
For some reason though, Sodden Knight is the one that gave me the most trouble and I found the fight to be the most memorable.

Favorite OST track (and sadly the only one I can remember for a boss) was the Nameless God. OST was pretty good but pretty far from memorable.
>>
>>340956269
Frankly I liked it more than DS3.
>>
Talked about it to death, played it to death, got bored of it, moved on.
>>
>>340956269
So what the consensus? Is this a buy or should I wait for the vita version. This really seems like a perfect mobile game. Always looking for shit to play on the bus.
>>
>>340956884
I missed one achievement, the sorcerer npc questline, because I ended up doing the bosses out of order. Couldn't muster the will to do a third playthrough for it so I'm forever one away.
>>
>>340959132
Definitely not a game you wanna be playing "on the bus". Get Candy Crush for that

>>340958650
Aren't you so cool, anon. Don't we all wish we could be you

>>340958450
I have to say I loved DS3 but I had some genuine criticism against it due to excessively high expectations. I had none for this and I was really surprised
Objectively, DS3 is far superior. But this made a stronger impact on me than DS3 did
>>
>>340956992
Isn't that the first one?
So it's literally downhill from square one?

I'd have bought it but it looks like a bad flash game.

2D Souls sounds great on paper but when this is the result and not something that looks like Symphony of the Night or something, I'll pass.

Also it's so blatantly derivative it hurts. From the reviews I've watched they all talk about how mechanics are lifted whole hog from Dark Souls with different names.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.