[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we hate this studio again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (120 KB, 2000x2273) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120 KB, 2000x2273
Why do we hate this studio again?
>>
we? think for yourself you retarded nigger
>>
I don't. In fact I depend on their engine to make games and make a living
>>
we? think for yourself you retarded nigger
>>
>>340939029
>>340939138
seconding
>>
I have never seen someone hating Epic games. Their engine is fucking amazing.
>>
>>340939265

Then why is it taboo to speak of their latest game on here? Threads always die immediately.
>>
>>340939517
Unreal Tournament?
>>
>>340938910
How come its still called Epic Games and not "The Coalition" since is its actual name?
>>
>>340938910
But nobody hates Epic
>>
File: image.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
>>340939796

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
>>
>>340939517
it's in early access and doesn't have any exposure
he's talking about Paragon
>>
>>340939903

The Coalition, like 343, is a Microsoft in-house studio made to keep churning out Gears games. Epic doesn't make them anymore.
>>
creating their own shitty launcher is about the only thing I can complain about
>>
>>340938910

I wasn't a big fan of the Gears sequels, though the original was great

I think UE3 plagued video games for too long and most devs fumbled with it, but that's not epic's fault
>>
File: image.jpg (607 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
607 KB, 1536x1152
>>340940007

It does have exposure tho. Ya'll just need to go outside more.
>>
>>340938910
>we

I've not seen a single person hate on EPIC. Their only bad game was GoW Judgment.
>>
>>340938910
>kills Unreal Tournament
>"PC Gamers are entitled"
>"PC Gamers are filthy pirates"
>Microsoft takes a big shit in their mouth
>"N-no we were wrong about PC Gamers, please love us"
>>
>>340940556

They didn't even make Judgment.

Ignorance goes hand in hand with hatred.
>>
>>340939903
EPIC gave the Gears title to Microsoft and went on to make an Unreal Tournament remaster. rom what I've heard, it's really solid.
>>
>>340940435
it will get more notoriety with the open beta coming in august
i have 350 games in paragon and am very excited for the coming updates and since epic has unlimited funds from licensing their engine paragon has a chance to become something amazing
>>
>>340938910
only hated them when they were making gears of war shit
>>
>>340940673
>did a bunch of dumb bullshit
>lost money
>went back and corrected the dumb bullshit

Sounds okay to me
>>
>>340938910
Personally I dislike how fucking hard they dicked over Bulletstorm.
>>
>>340938910
Literally my favorite developer.

So they screwed up with UT3. they can come back.
>>
>>340939517

Because Paragon has had serious balance issues until the next patch. Muriel, TwinBlast and Steel dominate everything. They have no idea how to balance characters either, their way of balancing Grux & Rampage was making them useless Riktor is actually the best character in the game it's just players haven't realized it yet by building him tanky. He can 1 shot people from halfway accross the map if you build him damage/CDR and use his Q
>>
I love Paragon Khaimera has me moist
>>
>>340942474
Muriel is about to be less viable now. Riktor isn't the most op I'd give that to Dekker. Especially this coming patch
>>
>>340942474
they've shown they're not unwilling to rework characters that are broken by design which is great

for an early access game the balance is actually fairly decent and should get a lot better with the patch
except twinblast will still be the best carry
>>
>>340942858

Riktor with a full damage/cdr Q with a right click can silence, slow and do 700 damage every 4 seconds. With the tank class getting a buff into fighter next patch he's going to be an elder god.
>>
Not much left to hate after they sold out to glorious China.
>>
>>340943091
Dekker is still better.
700 damage in 4 seconds is trash and with the new update hell be even squishier.
>>
>>340942920

Kallari wasn't broken and I'm really not okay with them removing actives and replacing them with passives.
>>
>>340943652
They're removing passives and reworking them into their abilities.
>>
>>340941904

>a 700 damage pull that is nearly tower to tower is trash

Anon are you stupid? Not only is your Q available every 4 seconds but with a full right click that means you can make your enemies unable to use a single skill and be immobile an entire fight. Since this characters release I have yet to die in a single teamfight as Riktor. The Fighter update isn't a nerf either. That only means you build him with attack speed. The crazy thing is, he won't even be the best character in the new update. [spoilers]Sevarog will.
>>
>>340944013

I'm cool with that. I'm not cool with them removing actives and replacing them with passives, which they did with Rampage and now Sparrow.

Sparrow's AS boost is gone so now she'll be the most simplistic character, which bothers me. Removing buttons reduces the complexity of the game.
>>
>>340938910
They wanted to make Jazz Jackrabbit a 3d autism collectethon simulator.

They've been dead to me since.
>>
>>340944062
How will Sevarog be the best?
And okay I misunderstood I thought you meant dealing 700 damage over the course of 4 seconds...
Your argument now makes sense now my bad. The new buff for Dekker is going to make her op though.
>>
>>340944062

Jungling is going to suck without travel mode.
>>
>>340944563
I feel you, Khaimera has a passive as an active and if you look at his kit you cant help but feel hes supposed to do more than just lunge and cut.
>>
>>340944728
Especially after the cxp update building his stack is gong to be a bitch
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.