[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which private server do you play on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Which private server do you play on?
>>
Dalaran WoW, I prefer Wrath.
>>
None after nost. I'm getting the itch again for vanilla, what server did everyone migrate to?
>>
I don't play shit games.
>>
Right now, nothing. Most recently, Theatre of Dreams and Corecraft test server.
>>
Wish I could remember. Only time I played WoW was during Burning Crusade on a private server for like 3 months
>>
>>340925275

Meil samat.
>>
>>340924961
Well, Nostalrius refugees have spread all over the place, including some of the most terrible servers out there.

But as far as vanilla goes, Kronos is the one most people migrated to. Apparently they've been suffering from DDOS attacks recently, though, I don't know about the current situation.
>>
>>340927873
Which servers should be avoided?
>>
>>340927873
The DDOS attacks are over, but the servers are still a bit wibbly wobbly from the aftermath. The Kronos team seems really dedicated though, and they're working on it. I haven't played on a private server before, but I haven't had this much fun in WoW since wotlk
>>
Excalibur / PrimalWoW / Warmane-Icecrown
>>
>>340930464
Warmane, Twinstar and Feenix mainly. Notorious for just not working properly.
>>
>>340930464
Most importantly, private servers are a quest for the least bad and every one of them has some handicap or another, be it outrageous pay2win, low population or something else. I'm not going to make a full list of servers I'm aware of (if you gave me some pointers about your preferred expansion/rates, the importance of correct implementation of mechanics/quests/raids or tolerance towards things like pay2win, I could give some pointers, though), I just pointed out a number of predatory or simply crap servers saw a sudden surge of population with Nostalrius kicking the bucket. For example, a server called PlayTBC, observed to have ran on virtually unchanged Hellground's server from when they temporarily open sourced in 2013 (so everyone with sense already knew what it would be like: not worth playing), was supposed to be the next big deal but they couldn't even keep the servers up for a day and then the admin run away with donations.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_060616_190633.jpg (161 KB, 1149x646) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_060616_190633.jpg
161 KB, 1149x646
>playing on private servers
>>
>>340932293
>playing on a server which fakes playercount
>>
I don't
>>
Gamer District, it's the most Blizz-like server out there for WotLK, literally 0 bugs (except for Turks) and works like a charm; on the bad side it's a ICC 24/7 simulator, there's the usual lame human pally who shopped Shadowmourne that rips assholes left and right in BG and the community is not one of the nicest, being composed primarily by Balkan slavs.
>>
>>340927873
I've been playing Kronos since we migrated there back in April, for the last three weeks there have been constant lag spikes and high ping, I have no fucking clue what the devs are doing, but the server was alright before this shit started

>>340931992
why the fuck were people shilling Feenix a few weeks back? I don't understand. Good thing no one actually migrated there
>>
>>340924613
L4G, desu
>>
>>340933926
>literally 0 bugs
Depending on how nitpicky you are, there are thousands to tens of millions of bugs even if you don't count the occasional turkroach. Even some major ones related to WotLK content and class mechanics. If you excuse its outrageous pay2win, outrageous rates and outrageous custom features, I would agree it's mechanically the best WotLK server overall, but bug free? Not by a long shot.
>>
File: you_think_you_do_but_you_dont.jpg (270 KB, 800x1038) Image search: [Google]
you_think_you_do_but_you_dont.jpg
270 KB, 800x1038
Its time to move on, anon
>>
>>340932101
Can't decide between Kronos (if server issues get fixed), Valkyrie or The Rebirth. Any thoughts?
>>
>>340937479
I haven't played on Kronos myself so I can't make a fully educated judgement but Valkyrie might actually be mechanically the best one of the three. However, at this point it's almost exclusively Russian (with GMs allegedly playing favourites with Russian guilds) with low population in general, and I think the devs have mostly stopped working on it so it'll probably never see Naxx.

Rebirth is just relative shit, populated by Reddit drones.

Unless you speak Russian, Kronos probably is a pretty easy choice.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.