[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck, this game is fun. Why do you guys hate it so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 4
What the fuck, this game is fun. Why do you guys hate it so much?
>>
Its not fun
>>
>>340923957
OP says otherwise.
>>
It stops being fun by about 3 or 4 hours of play
>>
>>340924262
That's how long the game is so I guess that's fine.
>>
/v/ is contrarian. stay a while, you'll see.
>>
>>340923663
read this to understand why this game is one of the worst ever made http://tevisthompson.com/on-videogame-reviews/
>>
>>340923663
they fell short in what they promised.
>>
>>340923663
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4
here you go now fuck off
>>
>>340923663
Get some taste faggot, fuck off
>>
>>340923663
Because it is generic.
It is a homogenization of FPS mechanics and nothing unique.
Nothing about it is Bioshock.
The gameplay trailer shown 4 months before release was a completely different game than what we got.
Hailed as the second coming of jesus by the media, hipster, and idiots who think they are smart for believing they understand what the story meant.

At best the gameplay was mediocre
At best the story and world was bad.

Everyone hails it as beautiful but if you took 5 mins to actually look around the graphics and aesthetics are akin to a fucking ps2 game.

Worst offender is that they attempted to actually tie it into the original two games with DLC and a last second cameo of rapture.

Game sucks due. You need to understand that.
>>
The DLC was shit
>>
File: 1412891562661.jpg (245 KB, 905x881) Image search: [Google]
1412891562661.jpg
245 KB, 905x881
It's a shitty generic shooter that only differentiates itself from other shitty generic shooters by its setting, which isn't explored enough (by narrative or gameplay) to actually make the game interesting or innovative in any way.
It's not even bad, just painfully average. The reason why you will see so much hate towards it here is because the mainstream media showered it with 10/10s and awards, which the game just didn't deserve.
>>
>>340924101
Well OP is commonly refereed to as a faggot here so who gives a fuck what he says.

Nobody can understand him anyway with all those dicks in his mouth.
>>
>infinite thread

it's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>340923663
It's like the original bioshock but with inferior gunplay, gameplay & story.
>>
I really hated playing Bioshock Infinite because it feels like an inferior version of the first two games, which really didn't play that great to begin with. With Infinite you now have less variety in weapons and plasmids, a regenerating shield, and level layouts that are way more linear for a setting that really could have used some more open environments with things in them to help flesh it out, but instead you get corridors.
>>
>>340924478
have fun sucking payed reviews cocks retard
>>
>>340925520
kill yourself
>>
Pretty much went the whole game using; Pistol, Shotgun, Ghost/Possession power because all the other weapons were crap.

Also regenerating shields, pretty casual.
>>
I liked it
The setting is inspired and fantastic, the improved gunplay is a really big step forward and it feels really polished and slick, Lutec twins are really great characters, and there's obviously Elizabeth being one of the best waifu-tier girls in western games
Obviously the generic enemies are boring and the 2 gun limit is bad but I still liked it
>>
>>340926693
I'm so terribly sorry that you couldn't refute a single part of my post.

Offing myself will not fix your shit taste.
>>
>>340927381
you can fuck off with your revisionism
>>
>>340927262
the gunplay is much worse though you upgrade a gun you like then you run out of ammo and have to pick up another gun which isn't upgraded and is shitty
>>
WAIT A MINUTE
>>
ITS

P O P U L A R
O
P
U
L
A
R
>>
>>340927538
And you can fuck off with your delusions.

Game wasn't good. game wasn't bad.

Was a terrible sequel to bioshock.

Get over it.
>>
>>340927538
nice buzzword now explain what it means without a screenshot of the dictionary definition
>>
>>340927778

SLOW THE AUDIO DOWN
>>
>>340927583
But that doesn't concern the gunplay, it's the awful 2 gun limit
>>
>>340925520
This. You pretty much nailed it.
>>
It feels like a call of duty game not a bioshock game.
>>
>>340923663
Because you don't get a giant drill.
>>
>>340927868
"Was" popular.
The same people who praised it as amazing probably sold the game and don't remember ever playing it.
>>
File: Someone is cross.jpg (4 KB, 155x146) Image search: [Google]
Someone is cross.jpg
4 KB, 155x146
>>340926693
Sounds like someone is rather cross
>>
>>340928236
Excepted I missed the parts about how they couldn't commit to the whole racism thing in any way shape or form and that the story had so many loopholes in in that it actively made the decisions the characters came up with entirely pointless.
>>
>>340928224
>the way you upgrade guns and use them doesn't affect the gunplay
can you think about what you just said for just a minute?
>>
>>340927778
THAT CARD?!?!
>>
>>340926284
point proven, thank you.
>>
File: 1426127109953.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426127109953.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
/bsg/ represent
>>
I enjoyed it. Bioshock games were never amazing though, they were just dumbed down System Shock II.
>>
>>340923663
>this game is fun
Why would you lie to your fellow anons?
>>
people like to piss on it because the fans are pretentious as fuck
>>
>>340923663
It's a safe and excessively padded game that was lauded for being so unique and compelling.

The gameplay is generic ass. Eating cookies out of trashcans and firing 100 gorillion shots into bullet sponges is not fun. Regenerating health is not fun. Fuck the girl just gives you ammo so you don't even have to eat out of trashcans.

The girl is shallow waifubait that turns into shallow dadbait. The MC is a shallow self-insert for 30 year old new fathers.

Fuck not once did I hear "nigger" and the game supposedly depicted racism.

The ending was just a string of buzzwords and ~~quantum mechanics~~, and shows that the developers just wanted to seem smart.
>>
>>340928701
There are 3 different things
Gunplay which is how guns shoot, how they feel, how much difference there is between them etc.
Upgrade system, how many there are, how much they cost, how much it improves the gun etc.
And the 2 gun limit, which is just a terrible limitation
>>
>>340928798
litterally the only reason the game got good reviews was because of payed reviews and reviewers who didn't want to have a 'contrian' opinion
>>
Shallow shitty game that was overly praised for no reason.
>>
>>340929289
no no you've made a mistake all these things add together to form the gunplay
>>
>>340928701
>affect
He never said affect. He said concern. You're criticism, as valid as it is, isn't about the gunplay itself as much as it is about the upgrade system and gun limit. Gunplay is referring to the actual shooting.
>>
>>340923663

Combat is dull and boring as fuck halfway through.
>>
>>340929623
Your
>>
a lot of little shitty things

and I really don't like the plot
>>
>>340929349
whatever makes you feel better about your shitty hipster opinion, friend.
>>
>>340929578
No, they all add together to form the gameplay
Gunplay is just the shooting part
Gameplay also has movement options, progression systems, exploration and the like
>>
>>340929289
>Gunplay which is how guns shoot, how they feel, how much difference there is between them etc.
This would be called gamefeel my anon.
>>
>>340929578
I'm with the other guy on this
Upgrades and weapon limit isn't gunplay. It's mechanics.
>>
>>340926284
There's a pretty fucking big amount of middle ground between those two mindsets.
>>340929814
Thank you
>>
>>340930005
See >>340929982
>>
>>340929871
please watch the video at the top of the thread for why my opinion isn't hipster but infact a healthy one
>>
>>340929982
ok i upgrade my gun, how has this affected the gameplay?
>>
>>340924482
>ITT: faggots who judge games based on reviews rather than on self experience through gameplay.
jeez It's like if every human had unique taste... oh wait...
>>
>>340924482
"My opinion is the right opinion"
stfu and let OP enjoy himself
>>
>>340930471
Let's say you upgrade the magazine size by 20%
It doesn't affect the gunplay, but it affects the overall gameplay because you can change your playing style since you don't have to reload as often
>>
>>340930807
reviewers are a lot better at telling you if a game is good than your emotions friend
>>
>>340930807
Hey man, if someone else can explain it better than you why waste time explaining it? It's already been done better than you can do so just let them describe it.
>>
>>340930807
I dunno man there are just some things that are worse than other things. No one who knows what the fuck they are talking about could possibly say that dante's inferno is a better game than dmc3. In a similar vein no one who knows what makes a good game could possibly say that bioshock infinite is "game of the year, wow games have really grown up" etc etc.
>>
>>340923663
>this game is fun.

Liars go to Hell.
>>
Bioshock infinite is like Dishonored. It's clunky as fuck!
>>
>>340925384
what the hell is this

this game is bad because i never saw anyone lynched or a black man get beaten

fucking faggot
>>
>>340931127
Hold on
OP never talked about GOTY, he was just enjoying it and wondering why a lot of people here hate it
>>
>>340931034
Not as of 2006 and onward.
to them it is just a job and they don't play past like half an hour of any game anymore.

Reviewers get paid. Say some fluff, review based on how much they got paid and move on to do the same again on a different game.
>>
>>340931347
As a racist, I was expecting to get SOME enjoyment out of it through lynching. You know, like American History X with the curb stomp.
>>
>>340931347
watch the whole thing it elaborates on gameplay later
>>
>>340931525
When it came out it was praised as gotyay. When something is probably 6/10 and someone tells you it's 10/10 you're more likely to feel the need to call them wrong than if it was 6/10 and they said "yeah it's 6/10 but I like it".
>>
>>340923663
It's an incredibly mediocre game. It's not really any better or worse than basically any AAA game that have come out recently. Praising this game as anything good or noteworthy is basically the epitome of shit taste.
>>
Because Elizabeth was your daughter.
>>
>>340931007
Yeah but in past games you could do shit like adding extra barrels to a shotgun or making you able to retrieve harpoons after firing them. Also, upgrades were a way to reward exploration.
Infinite feels underwhelming in comparison.
>>340931347
>Racism is bad, m'cay
>We can't show any actual racism tho, that would be racist
>>
>>340923663
Game feels shallow to me compared to the first two. I liked the RPG elements of upgrading your weapons and character and having to explore areas to find interesting loot.

Infinite's replacement for that is randomized bonuses you have no control over, and they barely give you much reason to explore the areas you're in. It just feels like they took what I liked about the original System Shock games and the first two Bioshock games and took a huge step backwards and made it a more shallow boring shooter.

Why do that? Why ruin the thing that made the Shock series stand out from other generic shooters?
>>
>Two weapon limit
>Halfway through game spits out inferior red reskins of the previous weapons
>Have to upgrade these weapons separately from the ones you have been using through the game

>Copy the passive plasmid system from Bioshock
>Made it totally random which passives you actualy get through the game
>Making builds is impossible because its random which passives you get
>>
>>340932072
Yeah the upgrade system was a bit dumbed down
Still it's not gunplay
>>
>>340932325
>every attack plasmid has a trap option
>games terrain and setting doesn't play well or out right at all with traps like the last two games.
>70% of all plasmids are Grenades.
>only one plasmid works with terrain at all and it is electricity on skyrails.

Screwed the pooch on so many opportunities.
>>
>New Emporia/Arcadia/whatever that area is called
>Extremely advanced DNA lock to Comstock House, a technology found nowhere else in all Columbia
>Liz the Perfect gets the idea to get DNA from foster mom who has been dead for 20 fucking years and still thinks she would be registered to the fucking locks
>Booker cannot open the DNA lock because apparently Comstock himself is locked out of Comstock House by the DNA lock
>Liz the Perfect's powers mysteriously "malfunction" due to a "mini-siphon" even though the siphon literally does nothing
>Creates a quantum-ghost-necromancer-mom because apparently thats something Liz can do
>Fight this fucking bitch three goddamn times, each fight is literally identical
>Liz the Perfect has brief tearful reunion with mom, who promptly blows up the fucking gate instead of having anything to do with the fucking DNA lock

Bravo Levine
>>
>>340931347
>I only watched the first 30 seconds of the video
>>
>>340933497
well if the first 30 seconds are so stupid im not gonna waste more time listening to an idiot
>>
>Choose to throw the ball at the interracial couple
>Hand is stopped before the throw
>Choose to throw the ball at the host instead
>Hand is stopped before the throw in identical fashion
>Later in the game you get rewarded with passive plasmid by the party you chose to help because they apparently read your fucking mind because you never actually threw it anywhere

Bravo Levine
>>
>>340923663
I really liked Infinite but like most are saying, it's just a vastly inferior Bioshock. It's still good for what it's trying to do but, unlike the first one, it didn't feel as consistent. The enemies not using plasmids was the thing that most annoyed me, other than the fireman and the crow guys.
>>
>>340932821
I'm not the same anon, but the upgrade system is gameplay too.
Gunplay-wise, the game is no better than any of it's predecesors (Wich had pretty bad gunplay on their own), I would say is even worse because it lacks interesting weapons like the Chem Thrower or the Spear Gun.
On a side note, the game also lacks interesting enemies to kill, 90% of them are just the same bulletsponge reskin over and over again.
>>
>>340933880
is this what a brainwashed consumer looks like?
>>
>>340934310
He only opened the video to find something he disagreed with then close it. He was never interested in the video. It's pretty common on /v/, skim an argument until you find something you can use to dismiss it. Generally you should assume the best of an argument in order to have a decent discussion, but that's not the point of /v/.
>>
>Liz states in her prison tower that she opens tears and explores all the time but always returns to her prison tower because no reason at all
>Liz later states in Finktown that once you step through a tear you can never return to where you were

Bravo Levine
>>
>>340934228
What it "tried to do" It failed at miserably.
>Tried to tap on Quantim physics.
>didn't have a single fucking idea what they were doing.

>tried to tap on the racism of those times.
>not one racial slur and next to no actual racism going on besides putting minorities to work and the beginning scene that amounted to nothing.

Couldn't even finish what it set out to do 4 months prior with the gameplay video being completely different.

Face it. Ken just fucked up and there really isn't anything anyone can say to defend hims on BS:I
>>
>>340934261
I already said that
Upgrades are gameplay but not gunplay
And I prefer the gunplay in Infinite, it feels faster and more slick
>>
>>340923663
>repetitive, tiresome gameplay
>uninspired level design
>retarded plot with more plotholes than anything

If that is a fun game for you, then I pity you.
>>
>Get to Soldiers Field
>Have to go track down a shock plasmid to progress because the transport to the next area is powered by some generator that is disabled
>Do a bunch of bullshit and get the plasmid
>Said generator is never brought up or used again in the entirety of Columbia to power anything else ever
>Only three generators in the entire game, all three in Soldiers Field
>One is the very first one you encounter that breaks down, powering it does nothing
>The second opens a small side area with loot for powering it
>The third is the one required for plot progression

Bravo Levine
>>
>>340923663
I liked it as much as bioshock 1 but it's still just an FPS
>>
>>340923663
They didn't say nigger enough, 0/10 shit game
>>
>>340923663
All vestiges of the original Bioshock are gone, story is stupid, System Shock fags who hated Bioshock 1 got to experience another shoah. Literally call of duty with some dragon shouts and big guys in between the regular sized cannon fodder.
>>
>>340935437
They didn't say nigger at all. -1/10
>>
Because it's strictly a step back in literally every area of design aside from the sky rails from previous games in the series.
>>
>>340935437
>>340935871
that is not the point of his review he's pointing out a flaw in the narrative and setting
>>
Gameplay was very mediocre.
Story was utter shit.
>>
>>340936656
Oh I like the Irish autist, I was just making an unrelated comment about the lack of nigger.
>>
>>340935352
How does it feel being a dumbass?
>>
>>340923663
>this game is fun
yes it is
>Why do you guys hate it so much?
No 'Little Sisters' to molest
t. /v/
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.