[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quake 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (46 KB, 632x349) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46 KB, 632x349
>>
Its gonna be called QVAKE and the logo will be a V with a nail in it
>>
holy shit who is this master leaker that's some amazing insider knowledge right there

who in their right mind would have thought that bethesda would want to churn out a quack sequel after butchering Wolfenstein and Doom?? simply amazing detective work
>>
No more strogg please
>>
No shit retard they literally had job listings up for it
>>
>>340891354
>after butchering Doom
Sure the multiplayer is ass, but the single player is fun as hell and maintains the "feeling" of previous entries.

I'm looking forward to what they can do with quake.
>>
Commander Keen X Dangerous Dave when?
>>
>>340891354
In no way were those games butchered you purist retard
>>
Oi, I want an expansion for DOOM first, especially after that ending.
>>
>>340891767
>>340891657

t. underaged halo was my first fps babbies
>>
this one will be more challenging. doom has more of a discernible identity than quake does, and quake has a huge multiplayer legacy and the multiplayer for doom felt very slapped on

but i didn't think they could pull off doom and they kinda did
>>
>>340891825
No expansion sequel
>>
it's gonna be the exact same shit as doom 4 but with a different skin
>>
>>340891354
They are probably going to announce Wolfenstein TNO 2 too.
>>
>>340891878
>Look mom, I posted it again!
Oh fuck off. My first shooter was the original Doom, and I love nuDoom.

If you're so jaded you can't see a good game because of who made it I legitimately feel badly for you.
>>
Commander Keen reboot

It was teased in doom
>>
another doom reboot

this time you only get 1 guns and doomguy makes funny quips and all of the enemies are robots so theres no gore and there's a doomgal you romance
>>
The only thing I remember about quake is that assembly line where you get your body parts chopped off and made into the enemy
>>
File: 1448237180356.jpg (23 KB, 414x425) Image search: [Google]
1448237180356.jpg
23 KB, 414x425
it's about 10 years too late for a proper Quake game
>>
>>340891354
DOOM turned out okay, it was Bethesda's moronic marketing team that almost sabotaged it by showing off the shitty outsourced MP mode.

Wolfenstein had good gameplay but there was way too much filler and forced story and character bullshit.
>>
The only proper way to make a Quake game is to attempt to make it fantasy themed, but then say fuck it half way through and add guns.
>>
Unless it's just going to be a really short teaser video with the logo I don't see it happening this year.

As far as I know id is a one game at a time sort of studio and they also just recently posted job listings for it, so it probably won't be for a good while.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.