[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wildstar is really picking up. This thread isn't just about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ws.png (37 KB, 354x139) Image search: [Google]
ws.png
37 KB, 354x139
Wildstar is really picking up. This thread isn't just about that, though. What are some MMOs that have really unique mechanics over the standard WoW type of MMO (that is mostly instanced, doesn't really have crafting, etc.)? Maybe it's guild v guild or 3D combat or a super nice crafting system. What's the coolest thing in an MMO as an experience?
>>
>>340885238

Holy shit that's more players than stillborn

My fucking sides
>>
>>340885238
>picking up

I doubt it's new players it's just current players installing the game through Steam
>>
Didn't this game go F2P a while ago? Is it any good? I need something to distract me from my shitty life
>>
>>340885756
Irrelevant? Most games don't have 5k online, and that's probably increasing.
>>
These 5k extra players are like water in the middle of a desert. But I wonder how many of these aren't new players, just nerds you transferred the account to Steam.
>>
File: eso.png (36 KB, 515x132) Image search: [Google]
eso.png
36 KB, 515x132
>>340887383
Sure, m8. Except even FF XIV only has 7.5k.
>>
>>340885912
I played it for like a half hour. All I can say is, I was disinterested.

The HUD is a cluttered mess. They attempt to shove all of their mechanics and systems into your face immediately instead of padding it out to avoid overload.

It just doesn't do anything new or different enough to justify my time.

It's free so unless your on a download cap or something, give it a DL. Maybe it'll click with you.
>>
>>340887745
Both FFXIV and ESO are doing well, so you can assume they have a decent number of players outside of steam.

Wildstar was dying and went on steam as the last resort.
>>
File: stillborn.png (194 KB, 736x507) Image search: [Google]
stillborn.png
194 KB, 736x507
>>340885476
>>
>>340885238

EVE is the only MMO I still play, mechanically it is boring as fuck. Combat is stale, crafting is stale, none of it is really engaging and I play the game while alt tabbed half the time.

However.

It is the only MMO that still has meaningful player interaction in my eyes. You absolutely having to play with others to get anything useful done.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.