[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they ever make good vidya ever again? Will there ever be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: 1465753749647.png (93 KB, 1036x733) Image search: [Google]
1465753749647.png
93 KB, 1036x733
Will they ever make good vidya ever again? Will there ever be a golden age again?
>>
VR waifus are coming
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 720x408
Nah man, gaming will never be great again. Just shitty meme games with meme soundtracks and meme communities.

>listening to Burnout soundtracks knowing things will never be the same
>>
You don't get two golden ages

Japs are about to hit the peak of their silver age though
>>
>>340884797

stop making fun of undertale.
>>
File: Dragon_Quest_XI_Logo.jpg (77 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Quest_XI_Logo.jpg
77 KB, 600x338
>>340884045

>Will they ever make good vidya ever again?
They are still making the best games.

>Will there ever be a golden age again?
The golden age is just whatever you remember from your childhood. There was good and bad games in every generation.
>>
They make good games, they just never get brought over.
>>
File: 1440986959643.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
1440986959643.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>>340886379

>they are still making teh best games
>post japanese cod
>>
>>340886537

This. Even with more games being localized than ever before, we still miss the best ones. I'm so tired of this shit SquareEnix and Sega.
>>
>>340886794

>Japanese call of duty
Wither you go by sales or popularity, that's wrong. Pokemon is more comparable than Dragon Quest is. Also, nice job pushing an overused and inaccurate meme.
>>
They're currently in the process of their second coming
>>
>>340886794
Neptunia is Jap CoD m8.
>>
>>340884045
Yeah, DQX.
I think it's the only good MMO right now.
>>
>>340886947

go by frequently of sequels and their sameyness
>>
>>340886794
What was the purpose of photoshopping some random girl's head in place of the guy's?
>>
Not since Kojimbo got fired from Konami
>>
>>340887086

>go by frequently of sequels and their sameyness
So...one again. Pokemon. Final Fantasy also applied before DQ does.
>>
>>340887086
DQ is not really frequent.
>>
>>340884045
They're a dying culture with horrid birthrate and will will be overtaken by the Chinese whenever their numbers dwindle low enough so no.
>>
nothing will be good again unless PC is shot down, Jew banks are abolished, and Islamic invasion is stopped
>>
Opinions on the Japanese front of WW2?
>>
>>340887798
Rising Storm was great
>>
>>340886981
neptunia is hyper niche game in japan.
I dont understand why westerners think moe-game is popular in japan.
>>
>>340888195

What are its sales in Japan? Remember that aside from stupid companies like SquareEnix or Konami which expect every game to sell 10 million copies, most companies consider a game selling 300k in Japan to be good. At least good enough to warrant a sequel. And Neptunia has gotten plenty of sequels.
>>
>>340887086
nah that's Monster Hunter
>>
>>340888414
It always sells 20k~50k copies. Most of the gamers doesn't know that series in japan
>>
>>340884045
I'm more concerned for America's lack of quality games than the Japs.

You nationalistic traitor.
>>
>>340889334

That could be fixed if America stopped trying to make every game pander to the latest media fad. And only limited to four genres. Japanese games tend to be better simply because they try things American companies never would. You'll never see an American company try to make a game like Katamari Damacy or even Pokemon. Because it would be 'too weird'. So you just get a million WoW, CoD and Assassin Creed clones.
>>
>>340889606
How do we fix our country, /v/ ?
>>
>>340884045
Nah.
>>
>>340890194

Start a movement to get rid of political correctness. Get people to actually care about living instead of just gorging on Big Macs and avoiding work. Fix the education system. Stop the media from focusing on murders and terrorism, because all the press is what breeds more repeat terrorism. Don't elect Trump or Hillary.
>>
>>340890676
>not electing trump
He wants to make america great.
>>
>>340884045
Vanillaware, Fromsoft, Platinum, Falcom, Japan Studio are still pretty good. Dunno what you're talking about.
>>
Daily reminder that Japan still refuses to admit they tried to take over Asia for nothing, and instead teaches its children that America, Britain, China and the Netherlands oppressed them into declaring war.
>>
>>340891052

Indieszero, Armor Project and EAD as well.
>>
>>340891130
Its true.

Every major country in the world has tried to take over a part of the world for nothing, so whatever they did in the past is worthless today.
>>
>>340886379
It was a lot easier for smaller studios to get into the industry, cause you didn't have to fill many positions.
Makes a better environment for ideas to come out into games. Unlike now, where you have to have big studio or try as a indie.
>>
>>340891359
Obviously, but their attempt is of particularly spiteful note, with shit like the Nanking Massacre and their denial of the event, as well as just how goddamn insane they were to fight over who gets to blow themselves up in service to the Emperor.
>>
>>340891772
None of that is "particularly spiteful". Just because you have more records today than you had from wars a millennium ago doesn't mean it didn't happen before.

China has been like that since forever, specially when the war of the 3 kingdoms was ocurring. And don't forget those steppe rapists from the golden horde.

No one gives a shit, and neither should you.
>>
>>340892328
GATE exists.
>>
>>340892567
God doesn't.
>>
>>340891384

>It was a lot easier for smaller studios to get into the industry, cause you didn't have to fill many positions.
It was actually harder to get into the industry back then in some ways. Because Nintendo and Sega had rediculous licensing fees. So a game you might have spend $5,000 making would cost $500,000 to get put on the NES.

>Makes a better environment for ideas to come out into games.
For some developers. The NES, GB and PC showed us that there was still well over 90% of games sucking even in the days when 1-3 people could make them. This ratio remains with indie games today. Just the cost of licensing and production have dropped dramatically.
>>
>>340884045
>>340884045
>FFXV, KH3 and persona 5 all in the next year

yeah its right around the corner OP
>>
>>340892863
What the fuck does God's existence have to do with a shitty propaganda anime about Japan stepping on people's hopes and dreams?
>>
>>340892972

He said golden age. Not the age of regression.
>>
japanese games since last generation have been consistently higher in quality than the west due to the spread of cinematic garbage in the west.

Prior to the ps3/360/wii, I had an equal amount of western and japanese games. Now 85% of my library is japanese
>>
>>340893007
If your hopes and dreams are based on a fucking japanese cartoon you have bigger problems than God's existence.
>>
File: Haken in OG.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Haken in OG.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340884045
>Will they ever make good vidya ever again?

this upcoming game looks sweet. Shame a major VA for this series died last month
>>
>>340884045

I'm having 10 times more fun playing japanese games with PS2 graphics than western titles with 100 million $ budgets.

Western video game industry is dead. Nips are still making great stuff.
>>
>>340893587

>huge anime nerd for 25 years
>have never understood the appeal of mecha
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you and others like it. And I'm not criticizing. I even like some shows with Mecha. But tend to like the ones where the mecha could be replaced and still retain the story and characters.

Just can't figure it out.
>>
File: file.png (755 KB, 600x1266) Image search: [Google]
file.png
755 KB, 600x1266
>all the good games are by the Japanese
>none of the Japanese games will come to PC
>you took /v/'s word seriously when they said the PS4 was nogaems bloodborne box while PC was better
>the PS4 is Nankinging the Xbone, Wii U, and PC in terms of quality games
>I can't even get rid of my PC since it has 0 worthwhile games

>YOU

>FUCKING

>FELL

>FOR

>THE

>PC

>MEME

THIS ISN'T FUCKING FAIR BROS, WHY IS JAPAN SO BASED?
>>
>>340894317
>hated anime for the first 22 years of my life.

>suddenly discover Mecha anime
>4 years later
>I'm a huge anime nerd
Mecha anime is the only anime worth to watch.
>>
>>340893991

This. I'm currently playing translated DS games on emulation. And having more fun than I have had in years. Well, fun in gameplay at least. The story of this particular game is tied for the worst story I've ever seen.
>>
>>340893587
1) Who the fuck is that guy? That looks like 2nd OGs.

2) Who died?
>tfw genuinely scared of who died

The voice acting makes or breaks the character during animations.
>>
>>340884045

the fuck are you on about

they're the only ones making good games these days, aside from eastern europeans
>>
>>340894739
>1) Who the fuck is that guy?
Haken Browning, from the Endless Frontier games
>That looks like 2nd OGs.
Moon Dwellers. 6/30 Japanese release, 8/5 English Subbed release

>2) Who died?
Yuko Mizutani, voice actress of Excellen and Alfimi. It was confirmed that all voice recording was done before she died
>>
>>340894317
I'm kinda with you. They're alright but I don't see what the hype is about.
I love Gurren Lagaan and Code Geass but not because of the mecha stuff.
>>
>>340895007
>Yuko Mizutani, voice actress of Excellen and Alfimi
WHAT?!

Holy shit why. What are they gonna do? Replace them? There is no way anyone can replace Excellen.

I'm gonna google when she died. Is /m/ mourning?

>English Subbed release
What sorcery is this? Are you telling me I won't have to look up scene summaries on the internet to understand the story?
>>
>>340894765
I think Europeans in general are better than the Americans, either in gameplay or technical prowess. Sure there's Homefront the Revolution, from the UK, but the UK is also making Yooka Laylee. Kinda funny that the best American game released so far is DooM 2016.
>>
>>340893367
>due to the spread of cinematic garbage in the west.

Kinda funny when 1) the Japanese invented video game cinematics and 2) Sony PUSHED for games to be cinematic since the PS1. The western video game industry was shaped by Sega and later Sony, they were already shit by the time MS entered the picture.
>>
>>340896072
difference is japanese shit can be cinematic and not hog up the gameplay.

When 13 failed to do this, it was scored far lower than other FF games and opinions only got worse as time went on. When uncharted does it, they eat it up.
>>
>>340895735
>Holy shit why.
Breast Cancer at the age of 51

>What are they gonna do? Replace them?
they could reuse lines. Like what they did with Bright and Banjou after their VA died. Or can write them out of the story after MD.

>I'm gonna google when she died. Is /m/ mourning?

news broke of the death on 5/20. I was in /srwg/ when it happened.

>What sorcery is this? Are you telling me I won't have to look up scene summaries on the internet to understand the story?
Nope. /m/ called bullshit when news of that was starting to leak but it's official
>>
>>340896072

>the Japanese invented video game cinematics
No they didn't. Games as far back as Atari were trying to simulate cutscenes. And the west introduced 'interactive cutscene' games. What Japan did was refine the concept and make them popular with the masses.
>>
>>340896395
Haken Browning is from that Nintendo game where they don't use robots right? I dropped that shit out.

no robots = no buy

>Moon Dwellers is coming to PS3
Fuck yes I can play it then.

I literally cannot believe its coming with english subs.

Bright and Banjou don't really have unique scenes though. They did replace Hikaru's VA and FA's VA so I can still believe they would replace her.

How much of a chance does she have of getting killed off for good?
>no more Rampage Ghost

Man you gave me some terrible news but also some impressive news. The bad ones outweight the good ones though.
>>
>>340897314
>Haken Browning is from that Nintendo game where they don't use robots right? I dropped that shit out.

they get like 8 foot size versions of some robots. Plus two of your party members are androids.

Also, the English Subbed version is confirmed to be PS4 only.

>How much of a chance does she have of getting killed off for good?
Hard to say. They might pull a Garnet and have her retire due to pregnancy
>>
WILD.
ARMS.
VI.
>>
>>340897750
>Also, the English Subbed version is confirmed to be PS4 only.
You are killing me, man.

I will just import it and play it in japanese then. Hopefully someone uploads the english playthrough on youtube so I can watch and play simultaneously to understand the fuck is going on ( I did this for OGs, fuck the GBA version)

I hope they pull a Garnet. Would be a good way to part the character away. Its kinda a good thing Kyosuke got a new partner last game, almost as if Banpresto saw it coming.

Rip in piece Yuko Mizutani, you lovely half einst angel.
>>
>>340898015

>Wild Arms
Why not just go all out and ask for a new Suikoden.
>>
>>340899067
Suikoden 2 is best though.
>>
>>340884045
You are stupid.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.