[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The camera placement while driving was perfect in Vice City.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
The camera placement while driving was perfect in Vice City. Why did they fuck it up in later ones? AND not let you set it where you want without it resetting after 3 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O6e7cgkeqw
>>
Vice city is fun even on iPad you know they did something right with this game
>>
The camera was the same in San Andreas, only that you also had the ability to move it.
>>
SA had best camera
>>
>>340883803
No, the placement is just low enough that you have to move the camera above your car to see in front of you.
And you can move the camera in VC on PC.

>>340883916
Nah. Too low. You have to fiddle with it to see properly in front of you instead of just the hood of your car.
>>
>>340883464
>even on iPad
get the fuck out
>>
>>340883979
inb4 "i LIKE not being able to see where i'm driving without fiddling with the camera every few seconds". regular people like to see the road ahead
>>
>>340882896
you can modify the placement in the options of GTAV.
>>
the real question is, how did the Driver series make such good cop chases in Driver 2 on the ps1 and the GTA series STILL can't make a good cop chase/AI system?

cops spawning infront of you and de-spawning behind you, to fucking pinpoint accurate helicopters that respawn straight after you shoot them down and cop cars that are weirdly always bumping into the back of your car even when you are driving the same car as them etc. bullcrap
>>
>>340884048
Why?
>>
>>340882896
Need for Speed Underground should be the default camera angle for all fucking car games.
>>
Will they ever make another 80s themed GTA? Shit was cash, with all the neon and New Wave.
>>
>>340883979
>you can move the camera in vc on PC

Nope. Only the mobile versions of 3 and VC had free camera movement.
>>
>>340884187
You obviously stole the one slow cop car
>>
>>340884281
>they still haven't made a 60's or 70's themed GTA besides the fucking London ones
>>
>>340883979

This anon >>340884459 is right, car camera definitely can't be moved on PC, was a little annoying at first when I replayed it recently, I always forget that fact. Vice City is a lot of fun, but SA improved on it in pretty much every way possible.
>>
>>340885878
can it with mods? it was so jarring trying to play it after san andreas
>>
>>340888229

I'm not sure if there's mod that fixes it, maybe, I just got used to it. The only issue is that when you look away and then back in VC it has a tendency to despawn cars that aren't in your view, it's pretty noticeable in VC.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.