[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a floating Zenyatta can get caught in one of Junkrat's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: zenyatta1.jpg (305 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta1.jpg
305 KB, 2560x1440
>a floating Zenyatta can get caught in one of Junkrat's traps

Bravo Blizzard. Great attention to detail as always. As if this character wasn't underpowered enough.

I really like playing Zenyatta because his dps feels incredibly satisfying but he gets absolutely fucked over by most of the cast.
>>
>>340876637
Would be a cool effect if he was immune to ground based effects such as Rein ult and Steel trap
>>
>>340876803
I think that would be perfect as a passive since he doesn't have one.
>>
Except Junkrat's trap does not grab the foot, but the torso.

Delete your thread any time.
>>
>Dies to a widowmaker bodyshot unlike Mercy and Lucio
>Can't heal himself passively unlike Mercy and Lucio
>Has no mobility unlike Mercy and Lucio
>Ultimate requires team coordination unlike Mercy and Lucio
>b-but he does damage
>>
File: 1458716192765_0.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1458716192765_0.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>340876637
>Zenyatta can be targeted by Symmetra's gun while invincible.

Fucking bravo
>>
Zenyatta's ult needs to make him intangible against enemies, I think that'd be too much trouble for them to program at this point though because glitches.
>>
>>340877429

>Except Junkrat's trap does not grab the foot, but the torso.

That's retarded.
>>
>>340877557
>Can put chaos orbs on enemies which equals a death sentence if they're in combat
>Can heal team without having to be near them
>Chaos orb acts as a wallhack when placed on enemy, and can charge attack to wreck enemy when they turn corner.

Zenyatta is fine, the problem is when people try and use him as an offensive support such as mercy and lucio. He needs to be on the back lines, or his mechanical anus is going to get enlarged.
>>
File: image.png (249 KB, 700x762) Image search: [Google]
image.png
249 KB, 700x762
Zenyatta is so zen that he will float above a trap and stay there just to keep it fair for the other team.
>>
>>340876637
>he gets absolutely fucked over by most of the cast.
That makes sense, if you think about it. He's a monk, and they're all about self reflection, humility, inner peace and patient meditation. So you, the player, must also possess the patience of a monk and take each death as a lesson in humility and an opportunity to reflect upon it.
>>
Do you understand the physicality of why he floats? NO?

Then shut your mouth.
>>
>>340880530
Worst post in ages
>>
>>340880530
Because he's transcending the physical realm through his meditation? Or maybe he's achieved CHIM and has given himself a permanent levitation effect. What difference does it make, the motherfucker floats above ground, so it makes no sense for ground-based objects to interact with him.
>>
>>340877429
No, it doesn't. Try playing the game kid.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-12+at+12.11.27).jpg (328 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-12+at+12.11.27).jpg
328 KB, 1600x900
>>340880786
Try doing it yourself, son.
>>
Magnets
>>
>>340880870
That's not the torso, that's the waist
>>
>>340880870
Only happens on the training bots.
>>
>>340881020
Abdomen. Whatever. So I get my body parts mixed up. Point is it works on floating things.
>>
>>340876637
>Bravo Blizzard. Great attention to detail as always
It is. Junkrat is Australian and there is no escaping an Aussie shitpost
>>
Zenyatta is only viable on KOTH, everywhere else is a wasted slot.
>>
Give him +25 sheilds OR
Completely remove his health and make him have 150 sheilds.
I am adamant in my assertation that Zen needs some sort of change
>>
>>340880870
>>340877429

But how the fuck does something floating trigger the trap in the first place

It's not a matter of whether or not the trap can hit zen, it's the fact that he can't fucking trigger it unless he's just constantly farting out powerful wind beneath him that would put enough pressure on the trap to trip it
>>
>>340881672
It has a sensor instead of a pressure plate, so that anytime something goes over it, it'll grab them.

Bam.
>>
>>340881672
Who fucking cares, it's like that for gameplay reasons. Get it through your thick ass skull.
>>
>>340881648
He should have 200 hp and Transcendence should debuff all enemies in its AOE with discord orbs.
>>
>>340881785

>It has a sensor instead of a pressure plate, so that anytime something goes over it, it'll grab them.

That's retarded.
>>
>>340881785
>It has a sensor instead of a pressure plate
>making up excuses for Blizzard's shitty polishing
Drones are out in full force today.
>>
>>340881130

Most people playing pubs don't even realize he exists. He's incredibly powerful if a Reinhardt protects him. He absolutely wrecks tanks, especially Roadhogs and seeing how many Roadhogs there are in pubs, he's more than viable.
>>
>>340879274

Zenyatta is objectively one of the weakest heroes in the current cast.

>b-b-but discord orb!

Cool, let me just turn around a corner for a moment or two because Zenyatta depends so dearly on line of sight.

>b-b-but muh right click!

He's dead before he can even get it off mate.
>>
>>340881672
might not be pressure sensitive
>>
>>340882004
I care. When a trap (that literally pulls you into it if you're close enough and is hidden halfway in the ground) does half of your life bar because you weren't paying full attention to the ground, it's kind of shitty. It's great against tracer because she has so much mobility, but zen doesn't have shit so he's just completely doomed if he makes one small error, which could cost an entire game (I say this from experience because it has)

There's literally no reason to get mad i'm not the other anons, I was just speaking my thoughts. Sorry for having an opinion
>>
>>340876637
>Let's change Zenyatta so he's tied for lowest health with Tracer, but give him no mobility options whatsoever
Thank you Blizzard
>>
>>340882150
why?
I seriously can't see any reason why it's somehow retarded.
>>
>tfw will never get play of the game as lucio unless the team are playing like retards and i get environmental kills

i feel even worse for zenyatta and poo in loo boys but playing support was never about the glory anyway
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
>>340882540
Looks like it is
>>
Zenyatta clearly has some kind of upward thrust to keep him meditating. Hes a robot, not jesus. That thrust puts a downward force towards the ground, activating the taps pressure plate where it functionally springs up and goes for the waist.

It's not that difficult, unless you think a robot can be a god?
>>
>>340877557
>get killed by two rapid uncharged widowmaker shot
Ever since I picked him up I've been hating widowmaker even more. Most disgusting character in the game and every widow player are terrible people.
>>
>>340882408

>Cool, let me just turn around a corner for a moment or two because Zenyatta depends so dearly on line of sight.

Discord Orb is mostly for tanks who are out in the open. Squishies die fast enough.

Also right click is good for sentry bastions and turrets.

He's underpowered but not completely useless. His orbs do a lot of damage even without the debuff.
>>
File: 1444882796979.jpg (13 KB, 246x348) Image search: [Google]
1444882796979.jpg
13 KB, 246x348
>Reaper gets stuck in Junkrat's trap
>goes wraith
>still stuck in place but takes no damage
what the fuck Blizzard
>>
>play zenny
>my team has a symmetra and thorbjorn
This is the fucking best, his shields will deplete before the armor gained by thorbjorn and will regenerate so if playing well you will have amazing survivability.
>>
>>340882803

How do you explain his ult? Some robot stuff too? Also how do you explain Reaper collecting souls and his wraith form. It's not all technology, there's some magic shit in this game.
>>
>>340882803
The physics of overwatch is clearly more fucked up than the physics of our world.

Tracer time travels and reaper teleports, hanzo & genji can run up walls like motherfuckers (not entirely impossible to normal people but they go so fucking far)

They would explain most of this in game as "technology" but it's still generally impossible as far as modern physicists (and athletes) are concerned

not saying you're wrong just kind of building on it
>>
>>340877752
Also get charged by him and recoiled from whole hog.
>>
>>340882952
I'm not saying he's completely useless, just that the other 2 healing supports do everything he does, except better, with the exception of providing some extra damage (which doesn't fucking matter if people are dying while you're trying to shoot)
>>
>>340883181
This, when this happens, it's just gg, so overpowered as you can literally dive like crazy and win every 1V1 if you can aim atleast a headshot
>>
>>340883193
A large healing aura similar to the tech Mercy uses, along with strong barrier tech.

Reaper is literally nanomachines.
>>
>>340881672
Zenya secretly constantly farts to keep himself airborne. The pressure is enough to trigger the traps.
>>
>>340876803
>Rein ults
>He doesn't get trapped and can ult to save his team
Great idea for a passive yea
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.