[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long did it take you to get good at this? I just started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2343603-2217710-box_ssbm.png (2 MB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2343603-2217710-box_ssbm.png
2 MB, 960x960
How long did it take you to get good at this? I just started playing and am currently spamming as Marth in training mode.
>>
>>340874608
You don't get good fighting computers they are so fucking easy and retarded
>>
It takes a decent amount of time to properly git gud. Learning how to do a lot of tech is one thing but really being able to use it and adapt on the fly is a completely different topic.
>>
13 years and I'm still bad.
>>
>>340874805
This.

Play at local tournaments, practice with people there, or even try Dolphin netplay. CPUs will only get you so far.
>>
A couple months when it first came out. Couldn't beat anyone until I found all of the characters that fit my play style. (Falco, Ganondorf, Sheik, Link, C. Falcon) Then a few years later I saw videos of people wave dashing and realized I was still trash the whole time.
>>
>>340874608
>memelee
>>
>>340875310
How the fuck do I play as Sheik?
>>
>>340875459
What exactly are you implying?
>>
>>340875468
Use chain
Acquire victories
>>
>>340875678
No, I literally don't know how to select Sheik as a character.
>>
>>340875468
F-air
>>
>>340876068
Hold A when the stage is loading.
>>
>>340874608
Doesn't matter as its not a serious fighting game
>>
I bought a gamecube for melee back in 02-03, played the fuck out of it, followed the competitive MLG scene as soon as it started and kept up with the newest tech, brought melee to uni and tried to get people to play it even when melee was practically dead during the brawl heyday, got into netplay early on, have gone to tournaments for a long time, etc. It's no exaggeration to say I've played this game more than some top players. Despite all that, I frequently lose to people who have played the game for mere days. I went 0-2 in a local just a few months ago, losing to complete scrubs.

It's a fun game but it's kind of soul crushing at this point.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.