[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to do it /v/. I'm going to stop being a Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg (35 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg
35 KB, 900x506
I'm about to do it /v/. I'm going to stop being a Nintendo fanboy and finally get a real console.
I'm on the fence about which one to get though. Could someone help me decide? Please use real arguments, I'm going to be spending ~$400 so I want to be well informed first.
>>
bumping. I know that the XBone just got dropped $50, so that's always a plus. Not sure if PS4 will do it as well to keep up though.
>>
I have a Wii U and Xbox One. I love my Xbone. Messed around with my buddies PS4 and i didnt like the interface or the ds4, but thats my opinion. On the Xbox i like both.

Anything youd like to know about the Xbox?
>>
>>340869378
Posting as I might as well know, it gets the marketing shaft for me.
>>
>>340869494
Wut
>>
>>340868542
Get an x1. Ps4's controller is meh, the features are meh, they have the same games mostly.
X1 has a better online mp, the TV features can be useful, it's better at multimedia really. And if you have a good enough PC you can stream games to your PC. And desu, the controller is much better.
The ps3 won the last console thing for me, i bought it because Blu-ray was obviously superior. But they're basically the same now, and the X1 is slightly better and more stable for the most part. The games with gold are better too.
Like, I couldn't even download ps vita games to a ps4 if I wanted to, how pathetic is that? I used to manage my Vita shit on my ps3 before it died.
>>
>>340868542
What do you want it for exclusives or multiplats? Xbox has a few more exclusives but ps4 has the stronger title with bloodborne. Multiplats generally run better on ps4. Trials fusion is a prime example, runs at 1080p on ps4 while only 720 on the bone.
>>
>>340870089
Ps4 users reported more fps drops and instability than x1, and kojimbo is gonna release his exclusive on PC as well, sfiv is also on PC. Bloodborne isnt very good from what I've heard. Not like it's a bad game, just not worth getting a ps4
And the ps4 neo debacle is just, upsetting.
>>
I have a PS4 but I say get an Xbone, they need all the help they can get.
>You must get an xbone
>Get the xbone
>>
>>340868542
Don't get anything yet. Wait until either Scorpio and NEO are released, then make your decision. If you buy the current consoles now, you're gonna end up buying a toaster that won't be able to play the exclusives of the newer versions of those consoles.

Don't get jewed.

OR you could just buy a gaming PC.
>>
File: Persona5.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Persona5.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>340868542
If you want japanese vidya PS4 is a must buy sooner or later depending on your tastes, even more so if you don't own both the PS3 and Vita since you also get nearly all of their recent releases on the PS4.

Xbone if you like specific MS first parties like Halo, Gears and Forza.

Both play quite the same current gen multiplats altough there are exceptions, such as StreetFighter5 and FinalFantasy14 being PS4/PC only, or Cuphead and Oni being Xbone/PC only, for instance.

It really goes down to japanese games VS microsoft first parties. Seeing that you are a nintendo fan my guess would be that you have a preference for jap vidya, but who knows you might be a weird one.
>>
>>340868542
>and finally get a real console.
Ahahahahahahaaha

Get a pc
>>
>>340870236
Man, you sure base a lot of your opinions of hearsay... wew lad.
Also Xbone is getting Scorpio, both are following the same path.
>>
File: laughingpunchman.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
laughingpunchman.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
>>340868542
>I'm going to stop being a Nintendo fanboy and finally get a real console.
>XBOne beta test version
>PS4 beta test version
>"real" consoles

God, this generation of vidya is the Special Olympics.
>>
>>340870370
>It really goes down to japanese games VS microsoft first parties.
/thread
>>
File: 1414685-ps4-price-in-india.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1414685-ps4-price-in-india.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
>>340870061
>they have the same games mostly.

Yeah, no...

Look OP, the PS4 is slightly better technologically (it always tests better than Xbone for multiplats), but the main thing, really the only thing to consider is the games.

The best combo is PC+PS4. PS4 has a bunch of great exclusives already available and much more coming up even if you only consider what's coming from Japan. PS4 seems to spend a little more money for exclusivity too, you just seem to get more good games. Some PC games come only to PS4 and not Xbone, like SOMA.

If there's a lot of Xbone exclusives you're interested in, and you don't care about the PS4 exclusives, only then buy an Xbone. Otherwise I see no reason to go Xbone. PS4 has more and better games for me, so that's why I went with that. Do research on the games OP.
>>
File: 1446134391275.gif (3 MB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1446134391275.gif
3 MB, 650x366
>>340868542
PS4
>>
>>340868542
Either go pc or wait for the half-gen upgrades. Buying a ps4/xbone now would be retarded.
>>
File: PS4 2016 First Half.jpg (2 MB, 1378x3000) Image search: [Google]
PS4 2016 First Half.jpg
2 MB, 1378x3000
I'm actually curious to see the Xbone version of this image. The bottom part would kind of be the same with the exception of SFV, but outside the couple big Xbone releases this year I don't know of any other Xbox exclusives in Q1 and Q2
>>
>>340870514
The frame drops in the ps4 isn't even hearsay nigga, do you read at all?
And yeah, neo, Scorpio, it's all a bit upsetting if they make exclusives.
>>
>>340868542
Only consider the Xbone if there's no possibility of you buying a gaming PC in the near future.

Then decide which console you gonna buy for the "Exclusives"

And don't forget that the PS4K (or NEO) and the Scorpio are coming soon.

t. Xbone owner
>>
>>340868542
Get a PS4 sometime after E3 if you care about Japanese games. Wait until the Neo is officially announced if there's no multiplayer game you're interested in.

Else you should just stick to PC and Nintendo. Microsoft is porting over almost every title it has to Windows 10 if that's something you might be interested in.
>>
>>340871141
>only 2 decent exclusives
>a remaster and a movie
WEW
>>
>>340871193
There's always the possibility that some devs will choose to fuck over those that already own a PS4, but true exclusives aren't happening with the Neo. I'm not sure about the Scorpio.
>>
>>340871141
You realize that's a troll image right? It has halo 5 in the multiplats and goes out of it's way to only show rereleases and vita ports in the exclusives.
>>
>>340871325
>Only consider the Xbone if there's no possibility of you buying a gaming PC in the near future.
This. Xbox and PC will soon share libraries. M$ made a "universal infrastructure", which is basically a way to make games that will work for both Xbox consoles and PC. Scorpio is also projected to be much more powerful than Neo, allowing Scorpio to provide near high-end PC quality graphics. They're also doing holograms.

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us
>>
>>340868542
How is this even a question? PS4 is objectively the superior system. It's in the fucking specs. You're literally asking "should I get this computer or this other less powerful computer?"
>>
>>340871193
Dude...
>Ps4 users reported more fps drops and instability than x1
That statement is super vague. By and large PS4 performs better than Xbone, be it resolution or/and framerate. There are exceptions to the rule, but for the most part this applies. I could point to the last 10 or 20 multiplats if you really want to go into detail. But for a recent example DarkSouls3 runs on average 3 to 5fps less on Xbone than on PS4, and Xbone renders it at 900p while PS4 is 1080p.

>and kojimbo is gonna release his exclusive on PC as well, sfiv is also on PC
We don't know if OP has a capable PC so we should assume he'll be playing multiplats on his console unless he says otherwise.

>Bloodborne isnt very good from what I've heard.
Again with the hearsay, you admit you never played the game and yet here you are pretending it's DaS2-tier when most people agree it's one of the best in the franchise.

>Not like it's a bad game, just not worth getting a ps4
Good thing OP doesn't want a console just for 1 game, then? Also, debatable.

>And the ps4 neo debacle is just, upsetting.
And we already went over this.

You were reeeally vague with some of those statements and BB's comment was 100% hearsay. As for PS4neo exclusives, there will never be one, all PS4 games will work across both consoles for the rest of the generation. Scorpio should follow the same path although nothing's officially confirmed yet, but I highly doubt MS would abandon their 20m strong current userbase.
>>
>>340868542
I'd say wait until we get solid info on the new versions.
But if you can't wait, I'd say an Xbone. I have them both, and the PS4 is just a piece of shit. Overheats, it's slow, awful, cheap controller and just unreliable. When something goes wrong and a game crashes, you just get a nonsensical error message that only tells you "something crashed".
PSN is also shit.
>>
>>340870236
>Bloodborne isnt very good from what I've heard.
You've heard wrong faggot
>>
File: Anime.jpg (87 KB, 524x702) Image search: [Google]
Anime.jpg
87 KB, 524x702
>>340872158
>Overheats, it's slow, awful, cheap controller and just unreliable
What the fuck? Clearly not a falseflag.
>>
File: medieval_helmet.png (563 KB, 457x483) Image search: [Google]
medieval_helmet.png
563 KB, 457x483
Get the one that interests you the most. If you're in to the games available on the XB1, get that. If you're in to the game available on the PS4, get that. If you're interested in multiplats, see which platform offers the better performance.
I own both, and yeah I have a favourite, but that doesn't matter because your experience with them may be different, and you may value different things about the consoles.
>>
If you don't want a PC I would recommend you an xbone.
>>
>>340872424
I'm just sharing my experiences.
>hurr durr xbot/sonypony fag
>>
>people unironically suggesting the Xbone
It's a really garbage console, that's the only reason the PS4 has done well this gen. The XB1 is just shit, and the PS4 is less shit.
>>
You must build le master race PC xD a $199 PC from best buy literally BTFO the PS4 (which has no gaems amirite) and you get le ebin steam sales

My opionions and preferences are literal objectively superior facts

do I fit in yet?
>>
>>340868542

Speaking as someone who's in your position, just buy a PC.

That's what I want to do, but I don't know whether to get a laptop because I might go back to college.
>>
>>340868542
It's dumb to buy either right now with Neo and Scorpio coming soon.
>>
>>340868542
Get the PS4, it's better in every way and there's a bunch of $300 bundles for you to choose from.

If you care about 4k or VR shit, you might want to wait a little bit and get the PS4.5 when it comes out.
>>
PS4

Xbone is poorly constructed and has less games.
>>
>>340872909
Can't wait to see OP's reaction once he gets an Xbone and sees all the japanese games he'd love to play pass by him, just because random anons gave him a really crappy recommendation while ignoring his tastes.

I mean, what does the WiiU have?
-XCX which is a Jrpg. How many Jrpgs does Xbone have exclusive to its platform? PS4 has/will get Tales Of games, StarOcean5, P5, DragonQuest11, Nier Automata, etc

-#FE which is has elements of Persona. Xbone gets ????, PS4 gets Persona5

Probably owns 3DS which has mainline FE, a strategy game, PS4 has games like Disgaea5 and GrandKingdom which follow a similar vein.

SuperSmashBros, a fighting game. Xbone has KillerInstinct. PS4 has BlazeBlue, GuiltyGear, StreetFighter, JoJo, and even more I'm sure I'm forgetting

Pokemon, Xbone has nothing similar to it, PS4 has Digimon Cybersluts

StarFoxZero? AceCombat7.

I could go on and on, like VanillaWare games not being on Xbox platforms, but I don't think it's required.

Being a nintendo fan means he likes jap vidya, especially if he plays anything outside the typical nintendo Mario/Zelda/Metroid IPs on the WiiU/3DS. Heck there are even monster hunter clones on the PS4, like Toukiden, none on Xbone.

If OP gets an Xbone instead of a PS4 I reeeeeeally hope he likes the handful of western games it gets as exclusives, because he sure won't see anything similar to WiiU/3DS games on the Xbone.
>>
>>340870801
>ps4 always tests bettwr for multiplats
Not always. Some games do run smoother/better what the fuck ever you wanna call it, on xbone.
>>
>>340874612
We got Stranger of Sword City on Xbox. Been playing the trial. Seems fun so far.
>>
File: 81+3QJI01+L._SX425_.jpg (74 KB, 425x545) Image search: [Google]
81+3QJI01+L._SX425_.jpg
74 KB, 425x545
>>340875696
>>
>>340876515
And? Its on PC too.
>>
>>340875564
Name one game that runs better on Xbone.
>>
>not waiting until after E3 when we finally get solid information on the 1.5 consoles
>>
>>340871141
Megadimension will come to Steam and Salt & Sanctuary is on steam.
>>
>>340876595
>We got Stranger of Sword City on Xbox.
>>
>>340868542
hold off until the updated models come out

xbone is supposed to end up more powerful than PS4 and it already has more games, but ps4 might end up with more games by that point. also check the exclusives and see which one is more to your tastes. also dont fall for the kinect meme, you dont need one whatsoever unless you like yelling at your xbox to do things you can do with a controller, there is no forced kinect shit
>>
>>340868542
wait until E3 is over

most likely they are announcing their new consoles
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.