[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is without a doubt the worst time for a thread like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: underrail.jpg (70 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
underrail.jpg
70 KB, 460x215
This is without a doubt the worst time for a thread like this considering E3 is coming up in a few hours but...
Underrail thread? Maybe?
I know we had these threads a while back when this first came out, but how about one now since I'm gonna be doing another play through of the game.

I want to ask people how viable you think a stealth knife build would be with no crafting skills?
>>
>>340868292
I did this, very viable since there are plenty of unique melee weapons which can carry this build and you don't need to craft shit.
>>
>>340868292
>>340869050

>implying you will survive the final boss

I cheated like fuck and even I had problems with the boss.
>>
>>340869287
Whats the first boss, is it after the junkyard?
>>
>>340869050
>>340869287
>>340869478

Have any of you ever used pickpocketing throughout a run?
Now I know I know, it's apparently "useless", and while that could be true it seems that the only info I can find about it is early game.
I'm curious if anybody actually has FIRST HAND experience with using this skill throughout the game.

I might give it a go, but even I think it's probably just useless as fuck.
>>
>>340869478

The final boss. I'm not going to spoil it, but the final area of the game is a 8 hour nightmare which culminates with the biggest absolute bullshit boss you can imagine.

Stealth knife is going to get your through a majority of the game, but I have no idea how it will help you there.
>>
>>340869945
Wasn't that area massively overhauled by one of the patches?
>>
>>340868292
Stealth knives are strong as shit against 99% of enemies. The only thing I ever had trouble against was the crit immune guys in the foundry.

Cheap shots lets you 1v1 anyone effortlessly, and the assorted crit talents combined with expose weakness put your damage through the roof. Make sure you pump dex a ton, it boosts a ton of skills and reduces the ap cost of knife attacks.

Spam the shit out of consumables, too. Bear traps, caltrops, flashbangs, molotovs, buy them up and use them whenever you can. Even cheap traps and grenades make a huge difference. Some of the stronger poisons are great too, but you probably won't get much of them if you don't take some crafting skills.

Be an evasive asshole. The biggest advantage a knife guy will have is your huge number of movement points, literally 100+ with the right items and talents. Stab some asshole and just run away, almost nobody will be able to catch you. Fancy footwork gives you extra movement points everytime you stab someone, so you can always back away after a stabbing session. Be careful around psionic enemies with stunning powers and you should be fine.
>>
>>340869907

Pickpocketing is great earlygame, but lategame you will be swimming in stimpacks. You do get a fuckton of ammunition though, but you need to invest a lot into it to make it worthwhile like every other fucking skill, because fuck balance I guess.

>>340870149

I finished the game at launch, and I have no idea if they reworked it or not because holy shit I was so fatigued afterwards. If they did rework it then I have no idea what build will work or not.
>>
>>340868292
>stealth knife build would be with no crafting skills
You won't be able to finish DC. You need the poison.
>>
>>340869907
I've used pickpocketing a bit. It wasn't super useful, but it did get me a lot ammo. For some reason, ammunition is super easy to pickpocket, regardless of the amount in a stack. You can get a lot of money early on by stealing ammo from south gate security guys. There are a decent number of quests where you can steal a key or other quest item to skip some fights or other skill checks. It can be handy, but its not super strong.

Its sort of a secondary skill like the conversation skills, its not necessary but it eases things along. It also nets you a bit of XP since a lot of faction guys carry badges worth a few XP that you can only otherwise get by declaring war on an entire faction.
>>
>>340870515
It wasn't overhauled per se, but Styg fixed almost everything that made it originally tedious. Burrowers no longer respawn at Arke, the HP bloat was adjusted to be more sensible, respawn times elsewhere were lowered, the debuff expires much, much faster now if you enter a safe zone, Six directs you to Leo, and Leo's "hint" about the mushroom forest is actually comprehensible now.
>>
>>340870481
>>340869050

>Melee
>Dodge
>Evasion
>Stealth
>Lockpicking
>Hacking
>Traps

>Str 3
>Dex 10
>Agi 10
>Con 3
>Per 4
>Will 5
>Int 5

How does this look?
I have 1 more skill I can invest in. Any ideas what I should go for?

Quick question though. I can't remember if I can, say, add poison to a set of caltrops that I buy. Is that possible or can you only add poison to a trap as you're in the middle of creating it?

If I can add poison to a prebuilt trap, then I guess investing into biology wouldn't be such a bad idea.
>>
>>340871610
Look at the feats you want to pick first before distributing attribute points.
If I remmeber corretc most of the much needed melee stuff needs STR.
>>
>>340868292

literally who ?
>>
>>340872396
Already done that bro. Strength is required for the sledge branch of the melee build. Dexterity is all you need for the knife branch.
>>
>>340871610
I'm pretty sure you need to poison traps/knives as you make them, rather than afterwards. However, the mechanics skill you need doesn't ever scale up, it's only like 20 mechanics or so on any kind of knives, caltrops, or bear traps. I think it scales up if you use higher quality metals, but the metal doesn't affect the trap, so just use cheapo plates. Biology skill lets you use the scarier poisons and also make some pretty great drugs, including one that makes you stun immune, so you'll probably get your points worth out of it as long as you use a lot of drugs and poisons.
>>
>>340868292
Still need to finish this game.
Started playing it a while ago but got distracted by some other release.
>>
>>340873484
Thanks anon, that sounds perfect then. I'll just sacrifice some points from some other shit later on in the game to get the minimum mechanics required and everything should work out fine.

Biology it is.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.